× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 68 visibility 8013

It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

Humbler_359's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

24433096 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

25390950 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

getattachmentfvx - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

I found interesting more. Only for Muslims members. Please no trolls from Non-Muslims attacking.

Outrageous, it was a weak attempt to marginalize Islam. Every Muslims know basics of Islam.

In fact, women cannot lead prayer in the front.
    Women and men can't be mixed together side by side.
    Women when praying should cover her body fully at least.
    You cannot wear boots when praying.

Brothers and Sisters, can you tell us what's wrong with these in your point of views? Have you seen this somewhere (probably in UK I assume), we could write letters to Muslim department for this silly matters.

Last edited by Re.TiReD; 11-22-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Deleted pics of uncovered women

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"
    ~ 7:204

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

How Islam started 1400 years ago?- see Youtube

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

"When the Qur'an is read, Listen to it with attention, And hold your peace: That ye may receive Mercy"

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember You. Be grateful to Me, And reject not Faith. ~ 2:152

chat Quote

Raudha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Bint Abee's lil sis!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is so disturbing. The way some of those women are dressed just looks so disrespectful - besides it being wrong according to shari'ah.

And to see men standing behind women in prayer :X

I have NEVER seen this before Alhamdulillah. May Allah save us and guide us all. Ameen
    chat Quote

yazoo's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmmm why the boots
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What craziness is that ?.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wait didn't Ume Warqa lead mixed prayers? I'm confused.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359 View Post
    wwwislamicboardcom - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

Another question.
    Why they did this shalaah jum'ah not in mosque but in Cathedral of St John The Divine, New york ?.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I remember this woman in the middle with no Hijab (she is trying to blasphamy on Islam for complaining why men and women are not mixed together in Mosque just like Church), I couldn't find her name. I am certain sure, she is the one and received attention from media. ----- By the way, I FOUND HER NAME: Asra Nomani. ... Look up her history. Yes, bashing on Islam.

win08 nomani1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

p11a - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

Imam rejected her a few times. She is lack of knowledges in Islam and she think women are degraded and less respected in Islam which is absolutely not true.

It is shame (fake) Muslims followers to do something like this. Are you sure ---Cathedral of St John The Divine, New York??
    Last edited by Humbler_359; 11-18-2009 at 06:45 PM.

chat Quote

Iris's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So So wrong. Astaghfirullah. People should put an end to this practice.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It actually made me physically sick watching the women and men mixed i swear whats wrong with people and why is a woman leading the prayer. imagine what the prophet mohammad pbuh would do if he saw this

ae8iug 1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

BINGO, found more information little.

First woman to lead Muslim prayers angers traditionalists
    pg 20 prayer afp get 61788s - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....
    Amina Wadud leads men and women in prayer in March 2005 at the Cathedral of St John the Divine in New York

LINK

17 October 2008

Islamic history will be made in the heart of Oxford today when a woman Muslim scholar leads Friday prayers and delivers the khutba, or sermon, for the first time in Britain.

Professor Amina Wadud
    , visiting scholar at the Starr King School of the Ministry, Berkeley, California, received death threats after she led a service in New York three years ago. That event was held at an Anglican church after mosques refused to host it.

At 1pm today on Oxford's Banbury Road, Ms Wadud will deliver a sermon at the start of a conference on Islam and feminism at the University's Wolfson College. Organised by the Muslim Educational Centre Oxford (Meco), the event has attracted fierce criticism from traditionalists, who claim that the Koran insists on men leading prayers.

Police will be on hand to ensure protests do not spill over into violence.

Taj Hargey, a veteran of anti-apartheid struggles in South Africa currently engaged in post-doctoral research at Wolfson College, is Meco's chairman. "Our situation is simple," Mr Hargey said. "The golden rule of the Koran is that whatever is not expressly prohibited is permitted.

"Literalists interpret the Hadith [the sayings of Prophet Muhammad] as implying a woman should never lead a community. But even within the Hadith there is a woman called Umm Waraqa whom the Prophet allowed to lead prayers in a household and to teach her neighbour. Though it recognises biological differences between men and women, the Koran absolutely specifies gender egalitarianism.

"The people opposing this are the Wahhabi, Deobandi; misogynistic segments of Islam. They don't believe in the innate equality of men and women." (??-lie)

Born in 1952 to a Methodist father and a mother of Muslim heritage in Maryland, Ms Wadud, who has written books on the Koran and memorised most of it, first delivered a Friday sermon in Cape Town, South Africa, in August 1994. Seen as a pioneering feminist, her last book, Inside The Gender Jihad: Women's Reform In Islam (2006) was partly an experiment in autobiography, and included details of the threats to her life in New York.

That sermon, delivered to about 100 men and women, led to a concerted attempt by some Muslim scholars to have her removed from the academic position she then held at Virginia Commonwealth University.

Today, she will be speaking on justice to several hundred men and women, and her sermon having a mixed audience has angered Conservative members of the Muslim community. Mokh-tar Badri, vice-president of the Muslim Association of Britain, said: "With all respect to sister Amina, prayer is something we perform in accordance to the teachings of our Lord. It has nothing to do with the position of women in society. It is not to degrade them. This is something divine, not human. We do it the way it has been ordained by God. Women can lead prayers before other women but before a congregation of men and women, a man must lead.

"This is not confined to Islam. Catholics don't appreciate female priests."

Last week, Inayat Bunglawala of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: "We have no dealings with Taj Hargey. His organisation has no affiliation with mainstream groups in this country."

Meco has 200 supporters. Its chairman is no stranger to controversy. In 1983, Mr Hargey was jailed in his native Cape Town for anti-apartheid protests.

"Look at what [suffragette] Emmeline Pankhurst did," he said. "People told her she was mad but now we worship her. In time people will say similar things about Amina Wadud."

amina wadud - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

2875613052 c44974567a 1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

1017pod11 1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

Sacirbey12 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....
    A protestor and a worshipper talk things out following the prayer. His sign said "Amina Wadud is not a Muslim according to the Qur'an and Sunnah

Outside, Mohammed Nussrah, a 21-year-old Brooklyn resident had been protesting with five or six other peers, claiming that Wadud and the congregants had gone against the teachings of Islam.

"She is violating Islamic law…This woman here, is just changing that whole concept. She says its time to reform Islam; that's the name of the group, they're called progressive Muslims," he ranted. "As Muslims, we are followers of God, we hear and we obey. Whatever the Qur'an says, we take it with no questions, we have no opinions here; we have no comments; we have no suggestions. We just hear and we obey. And we know for sure in Islam, women cannot lead men in prayer. And what's she doing here today, she's violated a law which has been going on for more than 1400 years. Now, she can repent or she'll definitely burn in hell."
    Last edited by Humbler_359; 11-18-2009 at 06:49 PM.

chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aaah i should have known its in america the country of to much freedom

ae8iug 1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

chat Quote

catalzzy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

this is totally wrong... not seriously according to the sharia!!!! ((

Allah Akbar

"I strive in reality, the better i do in the righteous path, the better the outcome will be, is in Allah's will"

chat Quote

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've actually seen this on news and my mouth was like open wide, I couldn't believe my eyes, this is just totally...totally wrong. This is not islam at all.

They are pure feminists.

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A'udzubillaahi minassyaitonnirrojiim

That woman Amina Wadud clearly has surrendered completely to the whisperings of syaitan.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    Wait didn't Ume Warqa lead mixed prayers? I'm confused.
    That was a special case.
    Prophet Muhammad (saw) allowed Ummu Waraqah lead mixed prayer with one old man and one slave man in her house once.
    That was the first time and the last time Prophet Muhammad (saw) allowed a woman lead mixed prayer.
    And this permission is not valid for other women, and cannot becomes a reason for women to lead mixed prayer.
    Last edited by ardianto; 11-19-2009 at 05:36 AM.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

is this some stupid attempt by some Muslims to say "oh look we aren't backwards see? " ridiculous.

if she really cared about women and their prayer, then she would care that their awrahs aren't properly covered for prayer, and hence their prayer is rendered invalid. and would educate them about that

In fact, women cannot lead prayer in the front.
    for men, no. but for other women, yes.
    2 – A woman leading women in prayer. It is mustahabb for women to pray together (in jamaa’ah) when they get together in a place. One of them should lead the others, but she should stand with them in the middle of the row. It is permissible and correct for a woman to lead other women in prayer.
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14247/wome...ading%20prayer

Women when praying should cover her body fully at least.
    not her full body.
    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1046/awrah...%20for%20women
    http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=25

You cannot wear boots when praying.
    why? daleel? what about shoes?

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Muslimlearner's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah!

pls somebody to send this lady some Islamic Guides Books!!!Hurry!

it makes me so angry
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I must say I found one particular picture here (which will go un quoted) particularly hilarious.. I chuckled and chuckled and chuckled some more..

is this whole thing some kinda of a joke? Who are they doing this for?

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^is that the picture with a woman wearing tank top praying in a jamaah?
    I found it ridiculous. Is she even muslim?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. It is NOTT MUSLIMS WAY....