× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 62 visibility 7262

MisConceptions of the Evil America

Clover's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Hello, I am sure more than one of us, has made generalizations of America. I see many threads on Islam's Mis-Conceptions, but I have seen more on America, then on Islam here. So here are some I can address:

1. Not all of us eat fast food, I don't, cause it makes me sick now, and it's very un-healthy, and is a major cause of obesity.
    2. Not all of us call Muslims terrorists, or think of terrorism when we hear Islam.
    3. Not all of us think a woman with hijab (I think thats right) is beaten at home.
    4. Not all of us think a muslim man has explosives under his clothes.
    5. Not all of us get scared when a muslim is on a plane.
    6. Not all of us want to mass-murder muslims.
    7. Not all of us believe Israel is right and everyone else is wrong.
    8. Not all of us plan on murdering Muslims later on in life.
    9. Not all of us are Christians, or even religious.
    10. Not all of us plan to join the military.
    11. Not all of us enjoy killing people.
    12. Not all of us believe sex before marriage.
    13. Not all of us get wasted every weekend.
    14. Not all of us party daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
    15. Not all of us think about football, sex, and drugs, and that's it.

That is 15, out of hundreds. If you want more, ask. I was inspired by this forum .

taoism2 1 - MisConceptions of the Evil America
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: MisConceptions of the Evil America

this must be for me

this is the dam pest that keeps influencin me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    this is the dam pest that keeps influencin me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

That is disturbing....

Though not all Americans are like this. I know some Americans who came to Britain and were really educated.
    Last edited by GuestFellow; 08-09-2009 at 06:11 PM.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aadil77, always there to generalize people! I am proud of you.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why you think Muslims have MisConceptions of America ?.

Many of us know, not every American has misconception of Islam and not every American hates Muslim.
    I never went to America but I often read or watch news and features from America. I never see American as evil. Insyaallah, one day I will visit America.

Clover, I don't know how far your home from Nashville. But,....do you like country music ?.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post

Many of us know, not every American has misconception of Islam and not every American hates Muslim.
    I never went to America but I often read or watch news and features from America. I never see American as evil. Insyaallah, one day I will visit America.

Clover, I don't know how far your home from Nashville. But,....do you like country music ?.

Used to. Now I don't really care much for it.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think Brother Uthman posted a topic about 58% of American believe Islam is a peaceful religion. I think 38% think the opposite and the rest are undecided or something like that.

In every country we have stupid people. Like a girl in my school did know even know who Tony Blair was and thought he was the President of America. O_o

I worry so much for this generation...

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Although not every American has misconception of Islam, some persons in US govt still in their misconception. Many Indonesian (or maybe many people in other Muslim's countries to) complain. After 9/11, get visa to USA is very difficult. But I hope tomorow those persons in Govt would realize, not every Muslim who want to visit USA want to make a trouble.

Honestly, I cannot understand why US govt refute Yusuf Islam when he was landed in US ?. Everyone know he is not a dangerous person.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

s
    Although not every American has misconception of Islam, some persons in US govt still in their misconception. Many Indonesian (or maybe many people in other Muslim's countries to) complain. After 9/11, get visa to USA is very difficult. But I hope tomorow those persons in Govt would realize, not every Muslim who want to visit USA want to make a trouble.

Honestly, I cannot understand why US govt refute Yusuf Islam when he was landed in US ?. Everyone know he is not a dangerous person.
    The US and the European countries are paranoid. The ''war against terror'' and the media, has created moral panic. They believe they are tackling this problem, but instead all they have made this world a more dangerous place and did not deal with the direct source of this problem.

One major source of the problem is foreign policy and this problem existed before September 11th. Unless if the US and European government begin to act fairly and impartially, then this ''war against terror'' will continue and spiral out of control. If past unresolved issues are not resolved, then people take drastic action, to the extent where some may give up their lives for their voices to be heard.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    index123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well clover thats awesome to hear, but I live in America and am a native citizen I only and have been muslim all my life and no one ever bothers me so really I never thought Americans were evil. Most muslims don't like living in America because, they can't hear the azan at prayer time, the inmodest dress and alot of food is not halaal.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think some people have misconception about "Evil America" due to its mistreatment against Muslims i.e Iraq/afghan war, etc.
    if you want to stop generalizations, then perhaps the best way to tackle it is examine the root of the problem itself.
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 08-09-2009 at 08:28 AM.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think I must honest.
    Although I never see American people as evil, sometime I angry to US govt because they always regard themselves as ruler of the world.
    The lattest case that made me angry, when they urged Indonesian govt gives their medical researcher a diplomatic immunity.

And I was very shocked when I knew one of some 'architects' behind agresion on Iraq was Paul Wolfowitz. When Paul Wolfowitz was in his duty as US ambassador in Indonesia, he had a good relation with Muslim people.
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i hope them soldiers leave my country
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Hello, I am sure more than one of us, has made generalizations of America. I see many threads on Islam's Mis-Conceptions, but I have seen more on America, then on Islam here. So here are some I can address:

1. Not all of us eat fast food, I don't, cause it makes me sick now, and it's very un-healthy, and is a major cause of obesity.
    2. Not all of us call Muslims terrorists, or think of terrorism when we hear Islam.
    3. Not all of us think a woman with hijab (I think thats right) is beaten at home.
    4. Not all of us think a muslim man has explosives under his clothes.
    5. Not all of us get scared when a muslim is on a plane.
    6. Not all of us want to mass-murder muslims.
    7. Not all of us believe Israel is right and everyone else is wrong.
    8. Not all of us plan on murdering Muslims later on in life.
    9. Not all of us are Christians, or even religious.
    10. Not all of us plan to join the military.
    12. Not all of us believe sex before marriage.
    13. Not all of us get wasted every weekend.
    14. Not all of us party daily, weekly, monthly, or annually.
    15. Not all of us think about football, sex, and drugs, and that's it.

That is 15, out of hundreds. If you want more, ask. I was inspired by this forum .
    loool even if they suddenly heard an azan and there's a Muslim nearby, they think he's about to blow himself up..and..wow
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wink Re: MisConceptions of the Evil America

format_quote Originally Posted by Afg View Post
    loool even if they suddenly heard an azan and there's a Muslim nearby, they think he's about to blow himself up..and..wow
    Good generalization. Your the kinda person that inspires me .

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can we please stop generalising and clumping people into categories. :/

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

I like the idea behind the thread.

I'm not sure that one is something you'd want to shout from the rooftops, though!

A good one to add would be: Not all Americans support their government's numerous wars against Muslim-majority nations.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow View Post
    s

The US and the European countries are paranoid. The ''war against terror'' and the media, has created moral panic. They believe they are tackling this problem, but instead all they have made this world a more dangerous place and did not deal with the direct source of this problem.

One major source of the problem is foreign policy and this problem existed before September 11th. Unless if the US and European government begin to act fairly and impartially, then this ''war against terror'' will continue and spiral out of control. If past unresolved issues are not resolved, then people take drastic action, to the extent where some may give up their lives for their voices to be heard.
    Very true...the European and American administrations arn't stupid, they are Zionist and at war with Islam, wars make money and push their agendas and they love to shape the world in their image and Islam is definately not in their image so they are trying to eradicate it.
    chat Quote

Afg's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Good generalization. Your the kinda person that inspires me .
    haha very funny. you're probably that kinda person that gets people thinking..''wow this guy's really good at this stuff and ya he's right.." ah but then you realize that everywhere you have the good, like you mention and the bad also. so you can generalize it all into the good if you want anyway. we wont forget that america gets into other countries business, wanting to show that they can fix whatever the problems, but mostly they just end up ruining people's lifes in the process.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Afg View Post
    haha very funny. you're probably that kinda person that gets people thinking..''wow this guy's really good at this stuff and ya he's right.." ah but then you realize that everywhere you have the good, like you mention and the bad also. so you can generalize it all into the good if you want anyway. we wont forget that america gets into other countries business, wanting to show that they can fix whatever the problems, but mostly they just end up ruining people's lifes in the process.
    You know what. I love you. Good luck in life, hopefully you will learn more through life, as we all will. Good luck .

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! MisConceptions of the Evil America Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. MisConceptions of the Evil America