× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 4565

Funding and PhD research

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Funding and PhD research

Report bad ads?

So my application for funding has been denied. I am kind of lost about where to go from there, although perhaps the specific group giving out this funding didn't quite like my research.

What should I do?
    Does anyone know Islamic organizations that are interested in funding research that will benefit Muslim communities through policies? I don't know how to tell my mother about this, she is really going to be flustered as I worked so hard to get to that point.
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Funding and PhD research

format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha View Post
    So my application for funding has been denied. I am kind of lost about where to go from there, although perhaps the specific group giving out this funding didn't quite like my research.

What should I do?
    Does anyone know Islamic organizations that are interested in funding research that will benefit Muslim communities through policies? I don't know how to tell my mother about this, she is really going to be flustered as I worked so hard to get to that point.
    Hun you have a masters lol, is this not enough? xD Is it absolutely essential to get a PhD? I assume you're looking for a research position if you're wanting to do a PhD?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess View Post
    Hun you have a masters lol, is this not enough? xD Is it absolutely essential to get a PhD? I assume you're looking for a research position if you're wanting to do a PhD?
    A masters will not do anything for what I want to do, which is research and teaching at the university level. I am assuming my PhD funding was denied as it will end up criticizing current policies in the UK and France that marginalize Muslim members, since it will use the experiences of converts to emphasize what the policies do.

So I'm looking perhaps into Islamic organizations that wish to fund this kind of research, though I don't know why they wouldn't want to fund it, since it will be geared towards ameliorating community relationships that are currently on the brink of explosion.
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamualykum,

I am sorry to hear your application has been denied.

Have you tried approaching lecturers who teach in this field to see if they have any suggestions?

As well as asking the lecturers in your University feel free to contact lecturers teaching in different Universities.

I hope you find the funding you need insha Allah.

Your research sounds very interesting. Alhamdulilah.

All the best!
    Funding and PhD research

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A masters will not do anything for what I want to do, which is research and teaching at the university level. I am assuming my PhD funding was denied as it will end up criticizing current policies in the UK and France that marginalize Muslim members, since it will use the experiences of converts to emphasize what the policies do.

So I'm looking perhaps into Islamic organizations that wish to fund this kind of research, though I don't know why they wouldn't want to fund it, since it will be geared towards ameliorating community relationships that are currently on the brink of explosion.
    Yeah, a PhD is a must for a research position such as being a lecturer at a university. I'm both excited and nervous for university, I hope I have what it takes.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange View Post
    Asalamualykum,

I am sorry to hear your application has been denied.

Have you tried approaching lecturers who teach in this field to see if they have any suggestions?

As well as asking the lecturers in your University feel free to contact lecturers teaching in different Universities.

I hope you find the funding you need insha Allah.

Your research sounds very interesting. Alhamdulilah.

All the best!
    Thank you, the application for the actual PhD is fine, but the funding to do the research is lacking >_>; right now I'm sending emails to different institutions that say they help fund research on things related to Islam and other Islamic based organizations...
    Let's see what happens with this. The difference between an EU student and an International is crazy!

It was actually my potential PhD supervisor who asked me to apply to that funding, she thought I was going to receive it *sigh*
    | Likes s.ali123 liked this post
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

s.ali123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you, the application for the actual PhD is fine, but the funding to do the research is lacking >_>; right now I'm sending emails to different institutions that say they help fund research on things related to Islam and other Islamic based organizations...
    Let's see what happens with this. The difference between an EU student and an International is crazy!

It was actually my potential PhD supervisor who asked me to apply to that funding, she thought I was going to receive it *sigh*
    Don't worry in shaa Allah you will get something. I don't have any specific suggestion for the funding. But your topic is interesting.
    | Likes Bhabha liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by s.ali123 View Post
    Don't worry in shaa Allah you will get something. I don't have any specific suggestion for the funding. But your topic is interesting.
    Insh'Allah. The woman at admissions told me to apply next year WAY ahead of time to like five different funding places. So, I guess I will see if I can get a research assistant position for 2016 >_>. I just don't want to suffer not having access to journals and academic articles, I will be so stressed out if I can't read.... political journals for an entire year @_______@
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

Freedom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Insh'Allah. The woman at admissions told me to apply next year WAY ahead of time to like five different funding places. So, I guess I will see if I can get a research assistant position for 2016 >_>. I just don't want to suffer not having access to journals and academic articles, I will be so stressed out if I can't read.... political journals for an entire year @_______@
    Funding is very competitive, that is part of why I'm sticking to a masters only. The best thing is to apply to many funding places. I'm not sure if you have a backup plan, but it's always helpful to have one.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Funding is very competitive, that is part of why I'm sticking to a masters only. The best thing is to apply to many funding places. I'm not sure if you have a backup plan, but it's always helpful to have one.
    Well I will admit that I applied late. Funding and PhD research to be honest I just want to continue doing research and writing and teaching. But i will try something else for a year until the next batch of applications come. I guess I'll work the whole summer on perfecting the application. *sigh*

I don't see myself in anything else but teaching Funding and PhD research
    | Likes Freedom, s.ali123 liked this post
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

Freedom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I will admit that I applied late. Funding and PhD research to be honest I just want to continue doing research and writing and teaching. But i will try something else for a year until the next batch of applications come. I guess I'll work the whole summer on perfecting the application. *sigh*

I would love to teach. Wish you luck.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I would love to teach. Wish you luck.
    You like teaching too ^__^ and thank you ^__^
    | Likes s.ali123 liked this post
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Soon I would also be looking for funding as my I am reaching end of my MSc But I guess I am lazy like you Funding and PhD research I haven't applied to places for PhD but I guess in shaa Allah it won't be an issue as Germany gives one extra year to look for job or PhD
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah I think you fit in teaching as you write and talk a lot on IB, and teachers need to have both of these characteristics Funding and PhD research
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Soon I would also be looking for funding as my I am reaching end of my MSc But I guess I am lazy like you Funding and PhD research I haven't applied to places for PhD but I guess in shaa Allah it won't be an issue as Germany gives one extra year to look for job or PhD
    >_> not lazy, but Universities need to have courses that help students doing their Masters for PhD applications... I swear doing applications just for the PhD programs AND for that late funding were as exhausting as an entire course.. it should have been for an entire year -_-, a course designed to help students create and submit their applications the BEST way possible -_-.

What are you doing your PhD in? are you applying in germany? GAH i'm so stressed.
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

>_> not lazy, but Universities need to have courses that help students doing their Masters for PhD applications... I swear doing applications just for the PhD programs AND for that late funding were as exhausting as an entire course.. it should have been for an entire year -_-, a course designed to help students create and submit their applications the BEST way possible -_-.

What are you doing your PhD in? are you applying in germany? GAH i'm so stressed.
    And you are right, the application processes are so heavy that they should also give us credits for application. Lol
    Last edited by s.ali123; 05-22-2016 at 04:05 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Right now I am working on my MSc thesis. Haven't started to look for PhD. But since I am more on engineering side, so in shaa Allah there won't be issue for PhD. There are many places to apply for in Germany.
    And you are right as well, the application processes are so heavy that they should also give us credits for application. Lol
    Do you speak German?

Technically... i'm still working on my thesis >_>; but I didn't want to wait that "in-between" year.. so I guess I rushed into the application process *sigh*

Though, I found a cool research assistant position in Qatar for someone in my field, interested in gulf studies... maybe I'll go there for a bit @_@
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you speak German?

Technically... i'm still working on my thesis >_>; but I didn't want to wait that "in-between" year.. so I guess I rushed into the application process *sigh*

Though, I found a cool research assistant position in Qatar for someone in my field, interested in gulf studies... maybe I'll go there for a bit @_@
    No.
    Qatar is nice place. Besides there are many Islamic centers there as well. You can also join some Islamic course there during you stay. It will be very beneficial.
    Last edited by s.ali123; 05-22-2016 at 04:04 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No. I did A1 in second semester. I will in shaa Allah invest more time on German after thesis. Right now I am not focused on German. Besides since my MSc is in english, so I did not pay much attention to language and many people in Munich understand english, so I became lazy Funding and PhD research
    Qatar is nice place. Besides there are many Islamic centers there as well. You can also join some Islamic course there during you stay. It will be very beneficial.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Do they offer funding to non-Germans? I refuse to pay for tuition >_> i like my scholarships and I had full funding for my masters, but Canadian schools generally fund graduate students.

And yeah Qatar is nice, I want to retire somewhere in the gulf, teaching at a university. I like the sound of the call to prayer waking me up, plus I can eat anywhere since there's no porky and wear niqab, since people won't discriminate... *sigh*
    | Likes s.ali123, noraina liked this post
    Funding and PhD research

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Do they offer funding to non-Germans? I refuse to pay for tuition >_> i like my scholarships and I had full funding for my masters, but Canadian schools generally fund graduate students.

And yeah Qatar is nice, I want to retire somewhere in the gulf, teaching at a university. I like the sound of the call to prayer waking me up, plus I can eat anywhere since there's no porky Funding and PhD research and wear niqab, since people won't discriminate... *sigh*
    I am non German Funding and PhD research

But middle east and their policies are so much worse for non westerners, even other arabs, that I don't want to work there. They simply kick us out as soon as we loose job. Besides they don't give nationality even if you spend entire life there Funding and PhD research and you have to work more or less like a slave. Even other arabs I talked to, say the same about about middle east. I am not talking about the people there, many of them are very nice, but also many of them look down on other non saudi, qatari or emariti. That's a reality.
    Last edited by s.ali123; 05-22-2016 at 04:02 AM.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Funding and PhD research Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Funding and PhD research