× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 69 visibility 6972

so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Al-Qaeda unveils burka brigadeSubmitted by Anonymous on Tue Jul 13 2010 00:13:00 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time) - Source: thesun.co.uk
    WOMEN in burkas line up with AK47 assault rifles - as a shocking new terror threat linked to al-Qaeda is unveiled.

The female fanatics hid under traditional Muslim dress to be paraded for the first time at an extremist rally in Somalia.

They displayed their gun skills to a baying mob in the capital Mogadishu, demanding the withdrawal of foreign peace-keepers in the shattered African state.

The women have been drafted in to one of the most hardline terror networks, al-Shabaab, or Youth of the Mujahideen. It is linked to suicide bombings and murders of dozens of aid workers.

A British intelligence source said: "The recruitment of these women shows how ruthless the terrorists are prepared to be."

burqa    female fanatics 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women
    terrifying     woman with ak47 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

2dvls74 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

2vw9341 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

Glorious fighters, May Allah (SWT) bless them. Ameen
    | Likes Haya emaan, Abz2000, True-blue liked this post

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women
    chat Quote

Darth Ultor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Execute Order 66
    | Likes GuestFellow, KnockKnock liked this post
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The title is a misnomer .. No unveiling took place.. Love the British spin on what it is!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They might be men in Burkas. Just a thought....
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    so much for the &quot;oppressed&quot; Muslim women

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Sun is probably to most notoriously sensationalist and factually unreliable tabloid paper in the UK!

I do not read it and I would not quote anything from it.
    (Having said that it might be worth reading occasionally, just to know what kind of information a large proportion of the nation expose themselves to ...)
    | Likes Snowflake, Scimitar, sofiap liked this post

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Pagan
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh lord! Guns niqab and GLASSES!
    That sure is my type of woman! . I would ask her out on a date if only her Kalashnikov wasnt pointing at my face!

Getting on topic though, i seriously think westerners fail to realize that in countries were it isnt a total theocracy like Iraq women choose to wear the veil and I applaud them for it. Look at Kurdistan! None of those girls wear a hijab nor niqab and they are Muslims! But then again one must realize Kurds in general arent very devout Muslims. But regardless a lot of women choose to be veiled; just look at the ones in America and the west in general. I was in a grocery store and walked past a Muslim lady in her abaya and hijab. Nobody was with her and she was on her cellphone shopping. People arent putting guns to their backs and making them do this (although sometimes they do).
    Congrats to the scary lady with he glasses, niqab and Kalashnikov . Perhaps after Omar Hammami died they changed the rules in Al-Shabaab
    Last edited by BadOlPuttyTat; 06-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    | Likes Periwinkle18, ~ Sabr ~ liked this post

chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol

They look awesum!!! Me gotta get one of those
    Last edited by Periwinkle18; 06-20-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women

chat Quote

jameelash's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam,may Allah forgive them or can they be men in parda?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    TrueStranger's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Glorious fighters? Awesome? May Allah forgive them? I see nothing bu blind support on this thread.

These people are savages and a bunch of killing machines. They are not fighting for anyone else other than their own twisted views of Islam.

Someone needs to tell these women to put down the bloody gun and pick up a feeding spoon. 21 years of war is not what the starving children of Somalia need.
    | Likes Eric H, glo, Roasted Cashew, ~ Sabr ~ liked this post

70:28 Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Pagan
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger View Post
    Glorious fighters? Awesome? May Allah forgive them? I see nothing bu blind support on this thread.

These people are savages and a bunch of killing machines. They are not fighting for anyone else other than their own twisted views of Islam.

Someone needs to tell these women to put down the bloody gun and pick up a feeding spoon. 21 years of war is not what the starving children of Somalia need.

Im no Muslim but the Somalia acts like Al-Shabaab are actually right on this case. Uganda is a Christian theocracy in reality trying to pass laws to kill homosexuals and enforce Christianity more. Somalia's actual government is strictly Christian and once used a Christian cross as a logo for a while. But a good majority of Somalians are Muslim and dont want a Christian theocracy that would shut off their rights. When the short moment of peace came about Somalian Muslim had peace but the US backed Somalian government up again and broke the peace. The US interferes with Somalia simply because even if they have a peaceful country that lets Muslims and Christian's mind their own business they cant stand letting it become a Muslim territory.
    In short terms the US doesnt want Somalia to acknowledge Muslim rights. These Muslims arent asking for pure Shariah often but just asking for their rights to not be bothered and permit polygamy, halal stuff etc. I admit that there are quite a few Muslims pushing this and trying to just kill all Christians though. And the Somalia government just wants Muslims to adopt a government which makes false social morals like the US.
    Also your right about people on this forum blindly supporting all acts of Islam and Muslims. If a Muslim does wrong you cannot support him just because he is a Muslim. You must have a line and not blindly follow because a blind follower is just a worthless one.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

they're starving because of the sellout corrupt governments,
    otherwise these movements wouldn't have risen
    people don't just decide to risk their lives for no reason unless they feel something's wrong.

yeah, there are some stupid acts some members commit out of ignorance,
    i know a well educated brother from somalia who answered all my questions about them,
    he said that there are some ignorants who do silly things - but this is out of their lack of knowledge,
    i personally wouldn't tell them to put down their guns,
    i'd tell them to throw some books in their backpacks on their way.

there are rules of engagement in Islam which everyone should try to learn,
    but to tell them to put down their arms in a legitimate struggle i believe is a bit ott
    Last edited by Abz2000; 06-19-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    | Likes Jedi_Mindset, N/A liked this post

chat Quote

Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger View Post

Please dont say your blind views, i know very well why somalia is starving, and thats because of the somalia puppet government who cant do anything because they are raped by interest from the bankers. Most of the money from the aid organisations come into the hands of the government and its warlords.

When somalia was at the risk of getting shariah law, USA and its african puppets like ethiophia, uganda and kenya decided to attack somalia and till this day there is still fighting. What we are seeing here is clean jihad. Get that propaganda out of your mind please. Many somalians support as-shabaab. They're not evil minded extremists presented by the western media u obviously watch.

As i said Glorious fighters and indeed, May Allah make them victorious and destroy their enemies. Ameen

Its people like you who are letting down the believers of this ummah, and you are still judging behind your PC screen about them? I see that as slandering. WAKE UP. There are ignorants yes like bro abz2000 mentioned, but they're very few.

Excuse me for my harsh tone but sometimes its needed especially in these cases.
    Last edited by Jedi_Mindset; 06-19-2012 at 08:05 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/user/robinb4life?feature=mhee
    I will not calm down until I will put one cheek of a tyrant on the ground and the other under my feet, and for the poor and weak, I will put my cheek on the ground.
    - Umar ibn khattab(Ra)
    wwwislamicboardcom - so much for the "oppressed" Muslim women
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

I wouldn't fight those. They're scary.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Galaxy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If the Western news outlets got it all wrong then where do you get your information about Somalia? (I'm not challenging you, I'm asking you a question )
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Pagan
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    people don't just decide to risk their lives for no reason unless they feel something's wrong.

i know a well educated brother from somalia who answered all my questions about them,
    he said that there are some ignorants who do silly things - but this is out of their lack of knowledge,
    i personally wouldn't tell them to put down their guns,
    i'd tell them to throw some books in their backpacks on their way.

but to tell them to put down their arms in a legitimate struggle i believe is a bit ott
    I couldnt have said it better. Just like India. We give them aid and not half of that money reaches the people. Somalia is filled with politicians taking money from the people like pastors take money from the offering plates. All wars and evils in this world are mostly caused by dirty money, blood money, stolen money, lack of money, need of money, to much money, to little money, looted money, laundered money, bribe money, silence money, or unrightful gain of money. I seriously do not blame anyone for fighting the government because politicians, lawyers and judges are all in the same category...........they are paid to lie. A lot of wars would not exist without politicians but yet people think we need them for peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    If the Western news outlets got it all wrong then where do you get your information about Somalia? (I'm not challenging you, I'm asking you a question )
    ukhti, if you took the time to join some forums where the brothers and sisters are active and post their own views, you would see that the only reports you see in the western lamestream media are those obscure few which are most of the time not even sanctioned by the group leadership,
    all of the photos and videos i have seen them post are of them engaging occupying kenyan soldiers and vehicles.

and they're not as irrational as portrayed in the western lamestream meadia:

in the areas it controls, Al-Shabaab has reduced over-sized cheap food imports. This has allowed Somalia's own grain production, which normally has high potential, to flourish. This had the effect of shifting income from urban to rural areas, from mid-income groups to low-income groups, and from overseas farmers to local farmers. The policy worked remarkably well until drought began to hamper local food production in 2010.
    In response, Al-Shabaab announced in July 2011 that it had withdrawn its restrictions on international humanitarian workers.
    | Likes Jedi_Mindset, cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post

First of all, Somalia is a Failed State. That means there isn't any functioning government. The famine hit the Al-Shabaab held areas of Somalia the worst. They refused to accept foreign aid/food, and they constantly create an environment of violence for the inhabitants of Southern Somalia. Certain regions of Northern Somalia are functioning properly fine without the need of foreign aid and that is mainly due to the stability and peace they have. "Al-Shataan" are corrupt, violent, and power-hungry warlords, hiding behind Islam. As you could see those women in the picture are probably from Al-Shataan held regions and they seem well fed and ready to kill, while the children are dying of starvation. These people are not risking their lives only, they are directly and indirectly killing innocent Somalis.

Stupid acts? That is a stupid comment you just made. Does killing innocent people come close to being called stupid act? Does implementing gang-like initiations, where they force young boys to kill their parents, their uncles, and their neighbors what you would refer to as a "stupid act". Does forcing children to fight their wars a "Stupid Act". Does shooting from behind my grandmother's house a "STUPID ACT". These people are criminal savages. Does shooting anyone that speaks out against their criminal acts and Stupid Act? How about standing infront of the mosque, waiting for a person to come out of the Mosque, and then shoot them while refering to them as a Kafir!

You know nothing about the rules of engagement or the rules in which Al-Shaatan, or what my family members have to go through because of these criminals you support!

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset View Post
    When somalia was at the risk of getting shariah law, USA and its african puppets like ethiophia, uganda and kenya decided to attack somalia and till this day there is still fighting. What we are seeing here is clean jihad. Get that propaganda out of your mind please. Many somalians support as-shabaab. They're not evil minded extremists presented by the western media u obviously watch.
    Listen, Somalia was never close to getting "Shariah Law". They just dissolved some WARLORDS, and ACCEPTED some WARLORDS who started to wear a "Kufi and Khamis". And second of all, Somalis have been fighting each other LONG before the Ethiopia, the Kenya, or the Uganda sent troops to Mogadishu. What exactly did the Arab League did for Somalia for the past 21 years? Uganda, Kenya, and Ethiopia are part of the African Union. And Al-Shataan was stupid enough to threaten Ethiopia and Kenya. And for your information, the current TFG president was the leader of the ICC, which Al-Shataan was once part of.

I don't need the "western media" to know what is happening in Somalia. I've PLENTY of family members there, and ignorant individuals such as yourself who think they are doing the Somalis a favor by blindly advocating for a group that is tribalistic, violent, and un-Islamic, are actually blindly and ignorantly giving support to Muslim-Killers.

You think you are helping, but all you are doing is imposing your "Muslims vs, the West" mentality on an issue far more complicated than you current can comprehend.

P.S. Does the words Afghanistanian? of Americanian? Exist? There is no such thing as "Somalian". It's Somali/Somalis!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash View Post

I seriously do not blame anyone for fighting the government because politicians, lawyers and judges are all in the same category...........they are paid to lie. A lot of wars would not exist without politicians but yet people think we need them for peace.
    Of course you won't mind them fighting the government, instead of negotiating. You don't have any family members or loved ones there. And you are speaking of a Civil War that is OLDER than you!
    | Likes N/A liked this post

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh, if only the Prophet pbuh hadn't bothered the Quraish despite their humiliating treatment of him and the believers, if only he had agreed to worship their gods for a day while they worshipped Allah (Almighty God) for the rest of the month, if only he hadn't come out with all those believers (many of whom died and whose families suffered badly as a result) to take on the world............if only he had just accepted the corrupt kafir rule, and the decadent debauched conditioning of the Quraysh, along with their lewd practices and live abortions of innocent children, and their meddling in everything that didn't concern them, maybe you wouldn't be Muslim now.

they lie about everything, from 9/11 to afghanistan to iraq to libya to egypt and now syria.
    and then we just say, oh, these rebels are the reason we suffer.
    that's what the cowardly Americans would have said during the war of independence when the British savages torched whole localities just because a few American "militants" opposed them.

i'm not going to pretend there aren't agents of influence operating amongst Islamic resistance movements who try to bring a bad name to Islam, nor will i pretend there aren't an uneducated few, but what i will not do is pretend it's all good for believers to have their necks stepped on and beg that their heads are left alone.

and how on earth can you blame the humanitarian situation on them when they are striving to fight a government that is corrupt and controlled by the white house, the reason for the bad situation is not the rebels, but those who are trying to remove the idea of Islamic rule for Muslims, i didn't notice you saying: why doesn't the puppet government or kenya or ethiopia leave those places alone, haven't they caused enough turmoil and suffering?

here's a funny example of the blatantly fake propaganda directed at Islamic resistance groups:

Al-Shabab goes to war with Kenyan army on Twitter

With the Kenyan military bogged down in a slow-moving invasion of Somalia, its fiercest clashes with the enemy are now erupting in a new battlefield: the Twitterverse.

And in the Twitter wars between the Kenyan army and its Islamist foes, it was a senior Kenyan spokesman who suffered an embarrassingly self-inflicted wound this week.

The Kenyan army spokesman, Maj. Emmanuel Chirchir, admitted today that he made "an error" by posting old photos from Somalia and claiming they were new evidence of a barbaric stoning by the Islamist radicals of al-Shabab.

Maj. Chirchir, who was ridiculed last year for using Twitter to threaten a Kenyan attack on “loaded donkeys” at the Somali border, said the photos showed a Kenyan man from Nairobi who had been “recruited” by al-Shabab and then was stoned to death on Tuesday because he had a different “opinion” from them.
    He said the stoning took place in the southern Somali city of Kismayo, a key target of the Kenyan offensive.

A few hours later, a young Somali-American journalist dug up the truth. The photos were not taken in Kismayo this week. They were taken in 2009 in an entirely different place, near Mogadishu, and the circumstances were completely different from Maj. Chirchir’s version. Al-Shabab was not even involved in the stoning.

The photos were famous because they had won a prize in the respected World Press Photo contest in 2010. They showed a 48-year-old Somali man, Mohamed Abukar Ibrahim, being stoned to death by another militant group, Hizb Al-Islam, for alleged adultery.

The journalist who uncovered the story, Minnesota-based freelancer Mukhtar Ibrahim, said the tweets by Maj. Chirchir were “naked propaganda.”

On Twitter, many Kenyans were angered by the spokesman’s actions. One Kenyan blogger, Robert Alai, tweeted that it was “pathetic” that the military spokesman had “lied to us.”

On Wednesday, Maj. Chirchir did not respond to a flood of questions about his use of the 2009 photos. But today he finally acknowledged the mistake. “I take responsibility for posting an old photo,” he tweeted today.

He insisted, however, that a Kenyan man was stoned to death in Kismayo on Tuesday by al-Shabab militants on accusations that he was spying for Kenya, and he said two more men are likely to be executed on Friday. He has not provided evidence for these statements so far.

Al-Shabab, meanwhile, used the Kenyan blunder as an opportunity for its own Twitter offensive against the Kenyan army. “They seem unsophisticated, even in their propaganda campaign,” said the Twitter account of al-Shabab.
    “A simple Google search would have saved them such an embarrassment.”

The Twitter account, which has more than 8,300 followers, is officially called HSMPress, but it is known to be controlled by al-Shabab. For weeks, it has dueled aggressively with Maj. Chirchir on Twitter, taunting him repeatedly about the Kenyan invasion.

“It’s a mission failed, Major,” al-Shabab said in a tweet to Maj. Chirchir on Jan. 1. “Forget the gory details of war & try ballet instead for more suitable career. War is for Men!”

notice how shabab didn't first deny it despite them being innocent, it had to be a reporter who recognized the picz,
    imagine how many other scores of videos and pictures there are which have been blamed on them with no-one to verify.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 06-19-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    | Likes Scimitar, cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn liked this post

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! so much for the &quot;oppressed&quot; Muslim women Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. so much for the &quot;oppressed&quot; Muslim women