× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 98 visibility 9918

Meet the Taliban!

Chechnya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Meet the Taliban!

Report bad ads?

NOTE: all of the following post has been copied and pasted form another forum. I have seen the video though and i reccomed it to everyone

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H_F29PxYTck

Please watch the above video.

this is a well known independent french TV news channel that went with the taliban.

Here are some of the highlights of this interview:

1. The Taliban are pro-education. They show a full-fledged school for boys and are currently working on one for the girls. Right now, they have established a religious School for the girls and they are taught by a Shaykh.

2. The Taliban have nothing to do with Iran. In fact, when they were asked about where they get their large supplies of IED’s, they hinted that it was China.

3. The Taliban are expecting the US to attack Iran.

4. The weapons of the Taliban also come from ‘Iraaq.

5. Many Mujaahideen from ‘Iraaq come to train and fight in Afghanistan.

6. The Taliban have a stronghold which is vast.

7. The population is supporting the Taliban and without their help, the Taliban would have nowhere to go.

8. This French journalist (who is a female) was treated kindly and the Taliban took all precautions to protect her as well as to feed her.

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Meet the Taliban!

thread Approved
    Meet the Taliban!

Herman 1 - Meet the Taliban!

Muslim Knight's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hate to ask this question but somehow I must confront it and come out clean or forever I will be plagued by uncomfortable notion that an Islamic organization is doing unIslamic things.

I have heard stories about Taliban officials pulling men out of their homes by their beards to force them to masjids and penalize those who don't grow beards. Inviting people to the mosque is certainly a great idea but forcing them falls short of the idea of having no compulsion in religion.

Am I wrong or am I listening too much to exaggerated reports?
    Meet the Taliban!

--------------------------------------------------

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely;
    A Legend

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight View Post
    I hate to ask this question but somehow I must confront it and come out clean or forever I will be plagued by uncomfortable notion that an Islamic organization is doing unIslamic things.

I have heard stories about Taliban officials pulling men out of their homes by their beards to force them to masjids and penalize those who don't grow beards. Inviting people to the mosque is certainly a great idea but forcing them falls short of the idea of having no compulsion in religion.

Am I wrong or am I listening too much to exaggerated reports?
    watch the video - even this western female reporter found it hard to say a bad word about them

6. Report bad ads?
    Suomipoika's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Another propaganda piece from the westophobic middle east controlled media.

Bae Hyeong-guy and Shim Seong-min met Taleban too.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have seen many conflicting reports about the Taliban. I suspect that not everybody who wears the name of Taliban belong to the same thing. I suspect there is considerable difference as to who calls themselves Taliban in different parts of the world.

I doubt if you will find much similarities between Taliban in:

Canada--Chechnya---Iran---Saudi Arabia---Afghanistan---etc

It seems only the name is the common denominator.
    Meet the Taliban!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika View Post
    Another propaganda piece from the westophobic middle east controlled media.

Bae Hyeong-guy and Shim Seong-min met Taleban too.
    may I say:

this could be "another rant from a Muslim hater" to diminish the thread!

edit: before starting to act all innocent and reporting this, consider your past posts and generalizing and stereotyping of Muslims every where
    Last edited by NoName55; 11-24-2007 at 02:40 PM.

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya View Post
    8. This French journalist (who is a female) was treated kindly and the Taliban took all precautions to protect her as well as to feed her.
    Yvonne Ridley too...
    Meet the Taliban!

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why would I want to meet the Taliban?

Not to much in the mood to be treated like they did the Koreans.
    Or the truck drivers they beheaded the other day because they belonged to the other sect.

But then that just me.

12. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Knight's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I have seen many conflicting reports about the Taliban. I suspect that not everybody who wears the name of Taliban belong to the same thing. I suspect there is considerable difference as to who calls themselves Taliban in different parts of the world.

I doubt if you will find much similarities between Taliban in:

Canada--Chechnya---Iran---Saudi Arabia---Afghanistan---etc

It seems only the name is the common denominator.
    Are you saying there are probably several types of Taliban in the world?
    Meet the Taliban!

--------------------------------------------------

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely;
    A Legend

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55 View Post
    may I say:

this could be "another rant from a Muslim hater" to diminish the thread!
    Only Taleban and the middle east controlled media hater that displays all sorts of propaganda to make Europeans and Americans look bad.

Just recently Taleban kidnapped and beheaded unarmed aid workers, conviniently forgotten in this propaganda piece.

edit: before starting to act all innocent and reporting this, consider your past posts and generalizing and stereotyping of Muslims every where
    Are you confusing me with someone else? When have I streotyped and generalized muslims? To be honest I just wanted to test how it feels to argue like some people here who blame everything on western media conspiracy and all the negative news or news they dont like are just blatand propaganda and lie. Apparently all you need to do is replace West with Middle East and you become muslim hater.
    Last edited by Suomipoika; 11-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will speak up since his meaning is obvious.

Within large groups there will be a mix of people. Some of the good and some of them bad.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am saying that not everybody who calls themselves Taliban are Taliban. To be honest I really do not know who would be the true Taliban. Some groups I hear about seem to be truly following Islam and others seem to be using the name Taliban but not acting as Muslims.
    Meet the Taliban!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

since most people of the world are not familiar with our language, someone should invent a new word for student

Talib-e-ilm or talib meant something else in my day now it is used to describe different gangs and groups.

when any students in America or any other country go berserk and kill teachers/ classmates, no one links it to the last incident at all but when Pakistani or Afghan students commit a crime or go on marches it is All Taleban/students that dun it!!!!

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

since most people of the world are not familiar with our language, someone should invent a new word for student

Talib-e-ilm or talib meant something else in my day now it is used to describe different gangs and groups.

when any students in America or any other country go berserk and kill teachers/ classmates, no one links it to the last incident at all but when Pakistani or Afghan students commit a crime or go on marches it is All Taleban/students that dun it!!!!
    Thanks for the reminder. Talib is simply the word for student. all Students are Taliban. It would even be a valid translation to say that all American University students are Taliban.

Now, for a particular Organization called Taliban, I suspect there may be many such groups and some may be good and some may be bad. The name is too General and a large number of groups can be translated as being Taliban.
    Meet the Taliban!

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika View Post
    Only Taleban and the middle east controlled media hater that displays all sorts of propaganda to make Europeans and Americans look bad.

Just recently Taleban kidnapped and beheaded unarmed aid workers, conviniently forgotten in this propaganda piece.

Are you confusing me with someone else? When have I streotyped and generalized muslims? To be honest I just wanted to test how it feels to argue like some people here who blame everything on western media conspiracy and all the negative news or news they dont like are just blatand propaganda and lie. Apparently all you need to do is replace West with Middle East and you become muslim hater.
    most definitely not! each and every time all argumentative posts between you and me get deleted (but I make notes of my posts/arguments as reminders)
    Last edited by NoName55; 11-24-2007 at 03:26 PM.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

most definitely not! each and every time all posts between you and me got deleted (but I make notes of my posts/arguments as reminders)
    Now Im pretty sure you are confusing me with someone else or just making stuff up. Im quite certain I havent had any of my posts deleted.

Actually now I think your earlier claims are just false and its my time to start ignoring you.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL you had to seach forums to see if there was any still remaining before posting this.

I just love "who is online" feature! (you can make yourself invisible in profile then I would be disabled from seeing when you report a post or are searching)

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.

Sarcasm ended....
    Meet the Taliban!

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Wow, I thought the Taliban were an extreme fundamentalist group who liked to beat women and behead those that don't accept their version of Islam. This video has really set me straight. They are good and wonderful guys who only want to build petting zoos and a wonderful learning environment for children. I feel so dumb for buying in to all the lies about these heroic people.

Sarcasm ended....
    which taliban beat women? how many? when did it happen? *expecting the same few pictures used by every anti-taliban person on the net*

please expand

as for killing those traitors who joined the invader armies - i believe even western countries have laws where traitors can be given the death penalty

and for someone who advocates torture, its odd to find him so against a beating

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Meet the Taliban! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Meet the Taliban!