× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1539

Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Updated: 15:10, Monday May 21, 2007

The latest weapon in the war against crime has been unveiled - a remote controlled "spy in the sky".
    Merseyside Police are the first in the UK to test the device, which has evolved from military reconnaissance work.

1538319 - Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled

The mini helicopter, fitted with CCTV and night vision cameras, will be used by officers to track criminals and record anti-social behaviour.

It is only one metre wide, weighs less than a bag of sugar, is virtually silent, can be scrambled in three minutes and is able to record images from a height of 500m.

Assistant Merseyside chief constable Simon Byrne rejected concerns about privacy.

He said: "People clamour for the feeling of safety which cameras give.

"Obviously there is a point of view that has been expressed but our feedback from the public is anything we can do to fight crime is a good thing.

"There are safeguards in place legally covering the use of CCTV and the higher the level of intrusion, the higher the level of authority needed within the police force to use it. So there is that balance there."

The drone will be initially used for monitoring public disorder, large crowds and traffic disruption while possible use in firearms operations is being studied.

It can beam back images to control rooms or support vehicles and can be flown by remote control or be pre-programmed using GPS navigation systems.

It is expected to be operational by June and will be given a three-month trial.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...266714,00.html
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled

Come on. What do you think of it? Is Big Brother watching us? I personally like this. Everything people deem as Big Brother I tend to agree with. Such as banning smoking in public places. spy helicopters, banning fatty foods in schools, teachers checking childrens' packed lunches to see if they contain fatty foods etc.
    chat Quote

00:00's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Come on. What do you think of it? Is Big Brother watching us? I personally like this. Everything people deem as Big Brother I tend to agree with. Such as banning smoking in public places. spy helicopters, banning fatty foods in schools, teachers checking childrens' packed lunches to see if they contain fatty foods etc.
    yeah BB is watching us,i don't like this. if its to fight crime than yh its a gd thing, but if its to spy on us than no, like the ID cards they planning on bringing out.
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cool Re: Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    Banning smoking...AGREE

Banning fatty foods....AGREE (but then i'd die 'cause that's all i eat)

Erm they should ban chocolate ...what you think?

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maliha Misam View Post
    Banning smoking...AGREE

Banning fatty foods....AGREE (but then i'd die 'cause that's all i eat)

Erm they should ban chocolate ...what you think?

I don't eat chocolate anyway. It's disgusting.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Chopper Copper: Spy In The Sky Unveiled