star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Any sisters housewives?

Report bad ads?

Ramzan Mubarak to all, hope your all well by the grace of Almighty Allah SWT and enjoying Ramzan, im posting the above cuz @ da moment im off from work for ramzan, n i feel as tho i could be a full time housewife, but at the same time i have my reservations as to whetehr i would be able too stick @ it, i live with my inlaws and have no kids at the moment, Inshaallah i will in the near future. Im jst wondering if any sisters are houcewives and how is it for them, i truly beleve that it will be Allah SWT who will give barkat in my husbands earnings and feel that if i was to become a housewife Allah SWT will be pleased and bestow us with many blessings Inshaallah. Look forward to your replies.

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Any sisters housewives?

maybe you could study part time so you dont get bored or something.
    i dont know how it would be living with inlaws and being with them all day but many people do do it and seem ok with it. it depends on the person i guess
    Any sisters housewives?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It depends on what you are like. Not what other sisters feel or think.

Do you get on well with your family in law? Are you able to spend all day with them?

Do like cooking, cleaning etc during the day? Is there other stuff to do in your local area?

Sister can come and tell you how they are getting on as housewives. But ultimately their circumstances are a lot different to yours. I think you need to discuss this with your hubby and find out what he expects from you.
    Any sisters housewives?

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106 View Post

Do you get on well with your family in law? Are you able to spend all day with them?

Do like cooking, cleaning etc during the day? Is there other stuff to do in your local area?

Sister can come and tell you how they are getting on as housewives. But ultimately their circumstances are a lot different to yours. I think you need to discuss this with your hubby and find out what he expects from you.
    Good post masha'Allah
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Abdul Wahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of the One
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Best possible advice.

Everyone is different so everyone will have different situations. Many of my relatives who have degrees haven't worked a single day in their lifes cos once they got married, they devoted their life to their families and are full time housewives. Nothing wrong with that. Their husband's work and earn money for the family. Others who are married part time and are housewives who get help from their in-laws.

Like the sister mentioned, speak to your husband.
    Any sisters housewives?

Brothers & sister don't forget the 6 fasts of Shawwal
    Abu Ayyub al-Ansari(ra) narrated, the Prophet(SAW) said, "Whoever fasted Ramadan with the then connect with the (fasting) six days in Shawwal, the (reward) as he was fasting for a year." (Muslim,Abu Dawood,al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaai & Ibn Maajah).
    chat Quote

innocent's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salamalaikum.
    I have been a housewife on and off and I have been working now for a few years. When you are working the idea of staying at home is very attractive but when you are a housewife you would get bored after a while once the novelty wears off. I would go for part time instead.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam Sis

I am a housewife . I worked for 5/6 years and find job very tough & tiring .

I am a freelance translator and work as a volunteer for 4 Islamic sites online. I am enjoying staying at home. I can't think of going back to job .

U can learn Arabic or any other language or do any volunteer service if don't need any full time job.
    Last edited by Muslim Woman; 08-23-2010 at 05:28 PM.
    Any sisters housewives?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ you are exactly like my older sister.

mashAllah.
    Any sisters housewives?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

piXie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Earning is mans job.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by piXie View Post
    Earning is mans job.
    Its been a long wait but someone says it finally

Alhamdulilah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In ideal Islamic world, women would have to work anyway. So technically no earning is not just a man job.
    Any sisters housewives?

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

ابن آل مرة's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Earning is mans job.
    I agree with ya 100%
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Earning is mans job.
    Agreed. If Allah SWT has made it easy for us gals, why try to prove/say otherwise?

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not saying it's wrong for a woman to work, as long as her Deen is not compromised.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^if all women were to have your attitude then you would have to deal with male nurses, lawyers, teachers, doctors etc which some people would not want to. Nothing wrong with staying at home as there also nothing wrong with working. Like I said, if islamic world were to be perfect then we would need some women to work.
    Any sisters housewives?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm sweet106.

i just realised what you mean, in an ideal islamic world where segregation is everywhere, no one would object to women working
    Any sisters housewives?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    hmm sweet106.

i just realised what you mean, in an ideal islamic world where segregation is everywhere, no one would object to women working

Yes that is what I meant. Even in mixed world, I rather have muslimah as my midwife, nurse or doctor (she is most likely to know about dignity from islamic perspective) than a non muslim woman. Unfortunately we dont get to choose. But if there were more muslimah we wouldn't need to feel to choose. And the NHS as a service would probably improve and understand where muslims are coming from. I am seeing this happen, which is great!
    Any sisters housewives?

chat Quote

Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Having been unemployed for 18 months, I've come to the conclusion that I NEVER want to be a house wife. I would be unbelievably bored!!

But some people love that life, it all depends on you sis
    Any sisters housewives?

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

piXie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes that is what I meant. Even in mixed world, I rather have muslimah as my midwife, nurse or doctor (she is most likely to know about dignity from islamic perspective) than a non muslim woman. Unfortunately we dont get to choose. But if there were more muslimah we wouldn't need to feel to choose. And the NHS as a service would probably improve and understand where muslims are coming from. I am seeing this happen, which is great!

If a sister wants to be a doctor due to a requirement or need in the Muslim community for female doctors, and her family support her in that, I think this is praiseworthy and there is a lot of reward. This is a big sacrifice to make, and an honorable position. In this situation and an Ideal Muslim world, if the sister has children and wants to become a doctor or teacher, her relatives such as her mother or sister, and the Muslim community should take care of her children and give them full support - for they are the future, and their stability, tarbiya and upbringing is a priority and should not be compromised or put at risk. This should be TEAM WORK. The sister should not do this on her own or have to send her children to the non Muslim nurseries in order to achieve this. If this is the case, or her children will be deprived or neglected or their tarbiya effected, then I am personally against that sister becoming a doctor and I think she should wait until her children grow up or let the other sisters who are in a position or who don't have children do it. and Allaah knows best
    chat Quote

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is great advice.

I have never understood how someone could be bored being a housewife. The times when I was, I always found plenty of things to occupy my time, and I was never bored. Of course, I also do quite a bit. With gardening, cleaning, kids, cooking, sewing, beading, crochet, home maintenance, etc. I just never had time for boredom-- and that was even before I had ever discovered the internet to occupy myself with. LOL I'd love to be a full time SAHM, but unfortunately life has not afforded me that privilege. If I had that time, I could get so much more things done!!!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

id like to work if i ever get married and have kids inshallah. i think its nice for a woman to have a little part time job.. its nice for her to have a social life outside of the home too.

Any sisters housewives?

ae8iug 1 - Any sisters housewives?

wwwislamicboardcom - Any sisters housewives?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Any sisters housewives? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Any sisters housewives?