× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 3244

Distant from deen

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Distant from deen

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaykum

My mind is inclined towards Deen but the heart is distant. I simply cannot force myself to to the basics, like reading salah and reciting the Quran. I feel flat, I struggle daily with meeting new people, I had a social status but it's disappeared and I know its because of my lack of connection to Allah but I can't turn back? And I do not know why

I constantly fight the nafs for true peace..I over think leading to a negative mental state...Idont know what is going on. I have had a strong feling for many months someone has cast their 'evil eye' on me. But I dont want to believe it. I'm at a loss..
    Distant from deen

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Distant from deen

"Allah never changes the condition of a people unless they strive to change themselves" (13:11)

So we really have to put in the work and cannot hope to have it happen for us without effort. This could be further reinforced by the Hadith Qudsi where it is said that 'If you take one step towards Allah He will take 10 steps towards you, and if you walk towards Allah, He will run towards you' . . . .

What you are going through is not much different than being awaken from slumber in the early hours of the morning (in time for dawn prayers) but decide to pull up the blanket and resume sleep. It is with real determination only that you can defeat the 'whisperings' of syaitan...

Fight it and pull yourself closer to the path of Allah.

Nothing comes easy, especially the road to Jannah. The road to hell is just too easy!

Distant from deen

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

Abu Milk's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-Salamau alaykum,

I agree with greenhill, it's important to continue struggling against your nafs in such times. Of the most important reminder for yourself is the Salah.
    Hold unto it for it is your connection to Allah in the most trying of times. It's like a boat tied to the pillar of a port during a storm, it anchors you, and keeps you connected to dry land, but once removed it drifts further and further away into the darkness of the sea.

However, you should examine if there are needs present in your life that aren't being fulfilled. If so, try to address them. Sometimes changes in our lives weaken our Iman, and by addressing them it helps to fulfill a void. Perhaps something has changed in your life, such as your family life, wealth, friends, academics, job, or in your health? Or some other goals that aren't being met?

Try to isolate those issues and continue to work on them, or if they are unattainable with a or b, than consider trying to attain them with c and d. Continue to work on making a change that will help you fulfill your goals and never give up. There are often more than one way to attain a goal, so don't become fixated on only one way. Just insure your methods are Islamicially sound and Allah will assist you.
    chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Walaikumasalaam,

Am sure you already know this but the change can only come from YOU.

Even if we ask someone to pray for us it won't be accepted. You need to motivate yourself and take some responsibility now before your time is up.

Shaytaan is way too experienced in making us think we are going to live foreever and we'll make a positive change tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.

Start with one salaah and be consistent in that salaah and then build it up. I would strongly urge you to focus your attention and energy on the faraz first before doing the sunnah and extras.

Spend time with Islamic individuals and you'll automatically pick up excellent habits in sha Allah and this in turn will change your mindset.

If you can't find any islamic people listen to islamic lectures.

Visit http://www.kalamullah.com/ and download free islamic lectures.

Don't let shaytaan win.

You need to put the work in and i suppose that goes for this dunya too. For example, if you want good grades at college/uni/school etc you need to revise. In the same way you need to work for your akhira. Work extra hard and trust me you won't want to live your old life every again.

May Allah swt make it easy for you Ameen.
    | Likes greenhill liked this post
    Distant from deen

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Gaining knowledge is the key to motivating yourself - read books on Jannah/Jahannam - and on death. these will motivate you.
    Distant from deen

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What HELPED me to get started praying, was I constantly listened to lectures about Jannah and Jahannam, etc. Good lectures etc.

What PUSHED me towards reading the Quran was actually a nasheed. And when I LISTENED To the Quran, my heart started to search. I cried to Allah asking Him SWT to guide me. I kept listening to the Nasheed, turned to the Quran etc.
    | Likes Souljette liked this post
    chat Quote

~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post
    What HELPED me to get started praying, was I constantly listened to lectures about Jannah and Jahannam
    Snap.
    Distant from deen

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Distant from deen Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Distant from deen