× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 49 visibility 6254

Should I ...

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Should I ...

Report bad ads?

Well i posted a thread abowt homeschooling
    BUT
    its really not working for me..i did try to go school this week but I only went for half a day (half of wednesday) and it was mostly a meeting about things...after that I had the choice on wether to go or not.

Ok, basically, my parents have 0 patience and alot of time. They dont work, because my dad lost his job, and I gave up in the second day and said:
    'Know what, no one in this family will get n e where. Were all gonna fail so lets jus take the shortcut..'
    so i give up, i really dont care about the education bit anymore, but i do care about my social life (may god rest its soul). I MEAN, i used to be a social person. i used to hang out with my friends after school everyday.

My parents are tryna get me into a muslim school, here.
    But that wont be til next yr.

Anyway, my new school was mixed and thing is, even though im strong, you cant really be that strong if theres a really fit boy talkin to you..next tym ur gonna want to talk to him, then touch him...etc.
    So thats why i pulled my self out. Cuz i could see jus where I was gnna go..the first day I started a whole group of boys came up and started asking me questions and tellin me how 'boom' i looked and i felt trapped but then all my new girlfriends came along and told them to go away pretty sharply.

but u see what I mean...me going to school will lead me only to trouble and sin.

So i thought...best to stay here.

but now its horrible and boring and i feel sooo lame and tired of it all and depressed.

Helppppp?! I can jump from the frying pan to the fire, or jus stay in the frying pan for another...3 months, thats if the skl accept me considering my appaling behaviour record!

Salams
    :blind:
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Should I ...

There's an another thread like this,just use the search bar.
    chat Quote

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What should i search?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just key words "homeschooling" if you can't find it look up Sister Jawarahs profile and look for a homeschooling thread for an alternative and inshAllah you will find it and it will help you find the best path for you. Ameen.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

bro theres a like a billion homeschooling threads...and none of them are like mine...well theres one that i made..lol. this is like the second part for my first thread...if that makes sense

linkage, please?

Salams bro
    Last edited by idk; 05-08-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok but in 20 minutes since Im going to school and Ill try to post it from there inshAllah.
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If I've understood this correctly, your options are:
    1. Staying at home and doing nothing
    2. Continuing at your school where there is temptation of sin
    3. Waiting to be accepted at a new Islamic school, but which might not accept you

Have I got this right?

i really dont care about the education bit anymore, but i do care about my social life (may god rest its soul).
    I think you've got this the wrong way round. You need to try to give yourself the best choices in life, and education is much more important than a social life in that respect. And giving up is never a good idea. If you put the effort in and rely on Allaah (swt), you will get somewhere Insha'Allaah.

Regarding temptations - this is why Hijab is important. Hijab is like a message to people that you are a modest person and don't wish to get involved in indecent behaviour. Moreover, it conceals you so as not to attract unwanted attention. You may already wear it but just in case you don't - it would be a good idea to do so Insha'Allaah.

Often we are faced with many difficult choices in life. But Alhamdulillah we have Allaah (swt) to turn to and seek His guidance. Turn to Allaah (swt) and you will never go wrong...

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-guidance.html

Should I ...

chat Quote

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

See, hijab aint the problem, my friend wears hijab and shes known as a ehm, bit of a player. Shes been with loads of people..
    chat Quote

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

obtaining an education alone is not something that could lead to bad deeds.....could your social life be more likely of getting you into fitna..(ie..judging by your friend).
    Should I ...

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well you should advise your friend, does she feel no shame
    but then again, you are the girl. you have the power to say no.
    chat Quote

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I didnt know her long enough...she is a nice person and wears long skirts, etc but i was shocked to hear some of the things shes got up to.

Anyways id rather keep maself out of trouble than risk my repuatation...islamic reputation..but u see im v. social and if i go to school i always get asked to parties nd i cant go n then i end up resenting my parents even though I know its wrong!
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you made the right choice in withdrawing yourself from mixed education, the ulema are pretty much agreed this is not allowed, they just dont tell the masses because they know they wouldnt follow it and would therefore lose credibility.

but you made the wrong choice giving up on education, you are in secondary school, this means you are old enough to do it yourself if you want, look up home schooling info, your folks can fill in the forms and talk to the social workers etc you just get on with learning.

learn maths and english, islamic studies, Quran, and then whatever you find interesting pick it up, read, learn, sign up to home schooling forums and sites and get learning stuff for your age group, make notes.

sure it will be difficult, but who said life is meant to be easy? especially when you are sacrificing something for the deen.

RE social interaction, attend local sisters study groups, talks, get to know sisters online and meet up with good practicing ones (not the non-practicing ones who just gossip 24/7)

Should I ...

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thanks bro thats exactly what i was thinking.

Someone said if u give something up for the sake of Allah, he will give u sumthink better than it...so I hope i get sumthin better...

i jus feel lousy stayin at home n doin nothing tho..

yh there are some youth clubs (muslim sisters) i can go to.
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    thanks bro thats exactly what i was thinking.

Someone said if u give something up for the sake of Allah, he will give u sumthink better than it...so I hope i get sumthin better...

i jus feel lousy stayin at home n doin nothing tho..

yh there are some youth clubs (muslim sisters) i can go to.
    there you go inshallah things will be easier for you soon, after every hardship comes ease.

check out this website, join if you like. it is a home schooling forum, my wife is on there and there are a lot of sisters on this site, ask their advice and take responsibility yourself,

http://www.islamichomeeducation.co.uk/

remember in the deen we are adults from puberty, not because of some age picked out of the air 100 years ago by some old fuddy duddy parliamentarian.

Allah lets us know when we are old enough to make mature decisions, so take your life's choices into your own hands and get on with it.
    Should I ...

Abu Abdillah

Submitting to none but Allah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol bro the link to the forum on the site doesnt work
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's working for me.

learn maths and english, islamic studies, Quran,
    And science! Maths, English and Science are the 3 main ones at school.
    Should I ...

chat Quote

mathematician's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salamu 'alaykum,
    There are a few things to consider. Education is very important. Without education it becomes even more difficult to practice Islam. Ignorance is just not good for anybody. I am surprised at the level of temptation you feel you are facing. I was raised in a christian country and there is temptation around but it is not as bad you put it. As someone else pointed out, the people you talk to are probably the problem and not necessarily the place itself.
    Maybe you just reached puberty and that makes you have some desires you didn't have before and you are over-reacting if I may say. It is not true that if a boy talks to you, then you will talk to him, and it leads to touching.
    There are so many muslims who live in non-muslim countries and yes we are in mixed schools but we don't all touch people of the opposite gender.
    Do you see where I am going?
    What I am trying to get you to think is that with the mentality you have it will be nearly impossible to follow Islam properly. There will be temptation no matter what, there will be temptation even if let's say you get married. It's something we have to learn to live with. Find yourself friends that are not touched by other guys in front of you for example. Find friends that care about the hereafter and not just boys.
    I don't think you should do home schooling. You will miss out on the social interaction part that is essential for personal development. You just need to take a deep breath, find a group of muslims to talk to, and be stronger than this.
    chat Quote

idk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

True...im not over reacting bro, i havent mentioned it all.
    Anyway ive disappeared mysteriously for 4 weeks and if i come back now it will be soo wierd..plus everyone expects u to be hyper all the time..or maybe im jus putting pressure on myself? Maybe i do need to be brave.
    chat Quote

Mujahidah4Allah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Hmmmmmm.............
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

is there a prayer room you can hang in? Thats what i used to do in college when i wanted to keep away from the whole nonsense!

wa/salam
    Should I ...

سلامة الإنسان في حلاوة اللسان

The safety of a human is in the sweetness of his tongue.

بسم الله الذي لا يضرّ مع اسمه شيءٌ في الأرضِ و لا في السّماءِ و هو السّميعُ العليم
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    nebula's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ good advice bro math

Ukthi its a good choice that your parents have made mashallah to send you to a muslim school, but like u said u gotta wait 1 year before you get in and you also said that you might not get in because of ur behaviour records right? So my advice to you would be that don't let these temptations weaken you in anyway know that Allah is testing you and you gotta do your best at all times, the muslims before us had much harder tests compared to the ones we have now and they coped with them, they were physically and mentally tested subhannallah they were strong. Remember ukthi Allah will only give you a test that you can handle he won't give you more then you can handle. So think about that, try being around good influence, do dua to Allah with all your heart to protect you from Shaytaan our biggest enemy who wants to lead us to destruction of our souls.

all the best!
    Last edited by nebula; 05-08-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Should I ...

Ittaqullah haythu ma kount!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Should I ... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Should I ...