× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 17 of 17 visibility 2504

drivin lessns

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

drivin lessns

Report bad ads?

i av had many drivin lessns on manual nd i jus cnt get the hang of the flippin clutch what shal i do? iv had 15+ lessons driving i am think of goin automatic? wat yall think
    drivin lessns

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: drivin lessns

If you have had 15+ lessons........i think you better get an automatic.

All joking aside i bought a used Ferrari once and had to learn to drive stick the hard way.....you don't want to know how much a new clutch is for one of those.

Just keep practicing......and praying
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm try praticing in your mum or dads car in an empty car park that's what I did, just takes pratice.
    chat Quote

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

keep at it, you get there in the end
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    papa_smurf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why the anonymous account?
    chat Quote

Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

+15? lol nothing compared to mine.

Patience is the key.
    drivin lessns

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Clutch control is not as hard if you think of the clutch and accelerator pedals like two ends of a see-saw. When you want the car to go forward, you press the accelerator and slowly let the clutch come up - so as one goes down the other comes up. Be slowwww and deliberate. Remember you are controlling the car not vice versa. To bring the car into biting point imagine standing on a see-saw with one leg on each end (ok a mini see-saw :P) and trying to get the right balance. Think of your feet as being very sensitive and the tiniest pressure affecting the controls. Think with your feet! As a beginner don't wear chunky boots or wedges/heels depending whether you're a sis or a bro. You will get there if you focus, inshaAllah.

Also think about changing your driving instructor. I'm serious!

chat Quote

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i hav decided to go 4 automatic lessons
    drivin lessns

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

forget automatic lessons lol, trust me you just need to mix things up abit, try a different car, try a new instructor, try ur dads car taking it round in the car park. don't get out till you get your dad's car to move lol.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would consider practising in a different car, different cars have different clutch's not all are as easy as others to master.
    drivin lessns

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

Automatic is beautiful.
    I tried driving a manual once, cuz its cheaper with the gas and what not and was thinking it'd be nice having one...one lesson and never again. Its like you do ONE THING WRONG and the entire car just stops oh: heck naw.

BUT THEN AGAIN...I'm speaking from US experience. I'm assuming you're from the UK or the rest of the world where they use manuals...so you might wanna just keep trying til you get it since you already did 15 lessons...

fi aman allah
    w'salaam
    drivin lessns

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When I was practicing, I have had more than 10 lessons but I could not get control over the clutch. Then, one day, my friend told me how am I applying clutch, and the surprising thing for him was that I was not apply my feet properly on clutch padel. Hence, car gets OFF.

He tought me to keep the heel suspended in air and push the clutch padel with my toe. Do not take support of the ground. In this way, your leg will be hanging all the way you are apply clutch. And it was my turn to amaze when the car never went OFF after this lesson.

Poor instructor was not telling me as if he would told me that I could have finished my lessons by 15 no. of classes only
    drivin lessns

When there is nothing left but Allah that is when you find out that Allah is all you need.
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

my mum learnt how to drive on an automatic , but we got a car that was manual and she had to learn. i remember it was quite difficult for her, but that was mainly associated with the fact that she learnt how to drive automatic first. she eventually got the hang of it (she is a very determined person, mashaAllah) and obviously there wasn't a problem after. if i remember correctly, there was a trick she learnt that helped her. i'll ask her inshallah...

if you need to drive manual and/or you think it will benefit you in the future, then i would stick with it.
    drivin lessns

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's best to learn in manual as lots of people can figure how to drive an automatic later if they have to, but if you learn in automatic then you won't know how to drive a manual without lessons. It's good to have as many skills as possible in life.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with sister Scents of Jannah. You must learn how to drive manual car.

I cannot remember how many hours and how many kilometers I drove a car, and not only on road. Sometime I go to village areas, drive on mud, sand, grass. Also drive on flooded area or drive on 'extreme road'. From my experience, in places like these we must drive in low gear with high RPM and use clutch for control engine rotation. That's why I don't like automatic transmission.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't give up.
    chat Quote

Lonely Gal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so what if u had more than 15 lessons.. some people take longer than others. I wouldn't worry about it, just keep focused and don't think about it too much, cos the more u think u cant control the clutch, the more u may work urself up about it..
    I know a girl that had 8 practical tests.. u jus have to be determined and carry on, pull urself together and tackle it again.
    Passin on automatic means u wont ever be able to drive a manual unless u take a test again..
    keep tryin! dont give up!
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! drivin lessns Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. drivin lessns