star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LDR

Report bad ads?

Hello, I am rather young and a recent revert (JAN 2020). Many people say it is haraam to date. However, I have been involved long distance with a Muslim woman since January. When I retook shahadah (after taking it in October then going back to Christianity), she was there to hear it for me over the phone. She also is a very knowledgeable woman and we talk about Allah often, we sometimes even read the Qur'an with each other. I wholeheartedly plan to marry her, however at this time I am too young (can't marry her by US law I believe, I am 17 she is 20), don't have a source of income, and we want to meet each other in person before we marry. Would it be appropriate for me to wait until we meet to marry her?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Suhayb's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: LDR

I don't how to answer this question. But goto Assem Al hakem, he will answer your question.
    chat Quote

taha_'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: LDR

format_quote Originally Posted by dawudtheyouth View Post
    Hello, I am rather young and a recent revert (JAN 2020). Many people say it is haraam to date. However, I have been involved long distance with a Muslim woman since January. When I retook shahadah (after taking it in October then going back to Christianity), she was there to hear it for me over the phone. She also is a very knowledgeable woman and we talk about Allah often, we sometimes even read the Qur'an with each other. I wholeheartedly plan to marry her, however at this time I am too young (can't marry her by US law I believe, I am 17 she is 20), don't have a source of income, and we want to meet each other in person before we marry. Would it be appropriate for me to wait until we meet to marry her?
    Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Isnt marriage under 18 allowed in US with parent or judge consent?

Otherwise stay away from her. And be patient. Marriage is difficult you need to be responsible and mature. Allah will give you something better in sha Allah.

JazakAllah khair
    | Likes dawudtheyouth liked this post
    LDR

chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! LDR Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. LDR