× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 56 visibility 5552

Demographic time bomb

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Demographic time bomb

Report bad ads?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...continent.html

Britain and the rest of the European Union are ignoring a demographic time bomb: a recent rush into the EU by migrants, including millions of Muslims, will change the continent beyond recognition over the next two decades, and almost no policy-makers are talking about it.

Jerome Vignon, the director for employment and social affairs at the European Commission, said that the focus of those running the EU had been on asylum seekers and the control of migration rather than the integration of those already in the bloc. "It has certainly been underestimated - there is a general rhetoric that social integration of migrants should be given as much importance as monitoring the inflow of migrants." But, he said, the rhetoric had rarely led to policy.

Since the idea of a ‘multicultural society’ was debunked it was only a matter of time before the question of integration came up and it is (IMHO) a question that will pick up speed like a snow ball rolling down a hill. I wonder how long it will be before the debate will start within and without Islam in Europe on the question of how much, if any, Islam allows any form of integration.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Demographic time bomb

I made reference to this article in this post.
    Demographic time bomb

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    I made reference to this article in this post.
    Sorry, I did a search using Europe and demographic and it came up blank.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
    Sorry, I did a search using Europe and demographic and it came up blank.
    No worries - I was just sayin that's all.

Islam does allow integration insofar as Islamic principles are not violated and, in my opinion, that doesn't allow for much integration at all since orthodox Islamic values are clearly at odds with those of mainstream European culture. Orthodox Muslims need to establish a proper Islamic state in the Muslim world and move there - life would be much more easier for everybody.

That's my honest assessment - others may disagree.
    Demographic time bomb

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam does allow integration insofar as Islamic principles are not violated and, in my opinion, that doesn't allow for much integration at all since orthodox Islamic values are clearly at odds with those of mainstream European culture. Orthodox Muslims need to establish a proper Islamic state in the Muslim world and move there - life would be much more easier for everybody.

For example to Burrmingham.
    Demographic time bomb

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Couldn't agree more.

Peace
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that's overly naive though, people stay anywhere they want as land does no belong to any certain religion or even people, rather to individuals, otherwise the Europeans should leave Europe and leave it to the pagans.
    Demographic time bomb

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Geetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad View Post
    that's overly naive though, people stay anywhere they want as land does no belong to any certain religion or even people, rather to individuals, otherwise the Europeans should leave Europe and leave it to the pagans.
    Correct, people should be able to live where they want - as long as they're prepared to respect the laws of the land. If the laws of the land contradict the rules of their religion, then they have to decide which is more important to them.

Peace
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Geetings,

Correct, people should be able to live where they want - as long as they're prepared to respect the laws of the land. If the laws of the land contradict the rules of their religion, then they have to decide which is more important to them.

Peace
    Unless the laws of the land change according to desires of the shifting cultures and peoples within it.

Which, it seems, is the fulcrum upon which this debate rests.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree.
    Demographic time bomb

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    Unless the laws of the land change according to desires of the shifting cultures and peoples within it.

What sort of changes are you thinking of?

I think you're probably making a good point here, but being rather dense I can't quite see it yet. Could you spell it out for me?

Peace
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very true.. that is what 'democracy' is by definition.. the supreme power lies in a body of citizens.. I am very impressed that another prophecy is coming true and I might in fact enjoy it in my life time if Allah swt wills..

Demographic time bomb

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Demographic time bomb

chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont think there will ever be a proper islamic state till near the end of time, but nice to hear islam spreading, the imam at our mosque has encouraged families to have as many children as possible to spread islam and strengthen the ummah

If every family has it arab style 10, 20 children then who knows how fast islam will spread. In france you get morrocans and algerians with huge families doing ok in small houses
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I read an interesting article which has caused me to re-evaluate my views on the issue. I posted it here.
    Demographic time bomb

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think we need better quality Muslims, not just a quantity issue.. given how many nut cases out there, they count against Islam.. we need to cultivate and foster proper Islam in these new generations insha'Allah...

Anyhoiw, I can't source this right now, but the best army that will rise for Islam will be from the west and Allah swt knows best..

also there is no reason that proper Islamic state shouldn't be established now, firstly we really shouldn't wait for Jesus or the mahdi, we should work on it now a days. and secondly the very end of the world will rise upon really evil people, all religion will be lift off the world and the basest of people will be left that the day of recompense will rise upon people copulating like donkeys on the street (not that, that doesn't happen now) but I imagine it won't be a taboo rather a social norm!

my two cents

Demographic time bomb

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Demographic time bomb

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

What sort of changes are you thinking of?

I think you're probably making a good point here, but being rather dense I can't quite see it yet. Could you spell it out for me?

Peace
    Sharia law, or rather the fear of its imposition.

My own density prevents me commenting on others' perceived shortcomings.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    Sharia law, or rather the fear of its imposition.
    Oh. That wasn't what I was expecting. Osman was talking about Muslims living in countries where the culture is contradictory to Islam. Sharia law obviously wouldn't raise any objections from Muslims...

From the other side of the coin, I'm not among those who are afraid that sharia law is about to arrive in Europe - I just can't see it happening.

My own density prevents me commenting on others' perceived shortcomings.

I can't wait till you publish your first book.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Oh. That wasn't what I was expecting. Osman was talking about Muslims living in countries where the culture is contradictory to Islam. Sharia law obviously wouldn't raise any objections from Muslims...
    Well, you mentioned the law of the land which made me think of legal objections etc.

In terms of culture, it seems to be a similar fear - that current British culture will be diluted and degraded (or else simply changed) by the influx of immigrants.

From the other side of the coin, I'm not among those who are afraid that sharia law is about to arrive in Europe - I just can't see it happening.
    Neither can I to be honest. People are still afraid of it.

I can't wait till you publish your first book.

Peace
    I'll consider that a pre-order
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    I dont think there will ever be a proper islamic state till near the end of time, but nice to hear islam spreading, the imam at our mosque has encouraged families to have as many children as possible to spread islam and strengthen the ummah

If every family has it arab style 10, 20 children then who knows how fast islam will spread. In france you get morrocans and algerians with huge families doing ok in small houses
    That’s they way, pump out a dozen kids, bring them up on state benefits, send them to school around the corner where the teachers spend most of their day teaching English as a second language, make sure they spend plenty of time in the mosque meeting up with their brothers to confirm how badly they are treated and how unreasonable it is that the non-muslims have all the wealth and they have none!!

Amazing – you or your parents left a (muslim country) with a culture that brought poverty and insecurity and you came, looking for a better life, to a non-Muslim country, with a culture that had produced prosperity, security and stability and all you want to do is change the country to the same as the one you left!! Please explain that to me?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some of you don’t want to integrate, you want to change the British culture to something similar to what you or your parents had in Pakistan. We can identify aspects of the British culture such as the binge drinking and loose morals which are not what we all might want but all in all those people and that culture developed a way of life that has attracted thousand of Muslim migrants. They came and still go to the UK, not because it better for the Imam or deen but because it is better for their individual prosperity, comfort, security and opportunity; in short they come for better access to worldly benefits. What I struggle to understand is the Muslims that want to change the country into the same thing that they left – what happens then do you move on to the next country and ruin that one? Look around you, most of you are living in squalid ghettos, yes it’s better than what you had in Pakistan but surely you left there for something better. I am starting to wonder if you know what you want.

Is there is any aspect of the quality of life you enjoy in the UK that would be improved by changing the culture to that of your forebears?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Demographic time bomb Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Demographic time bomb