star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dublin imam takes on the fanatics

Report bad ads?

Cast out by the majority Islamic community in Dublin for his outspokenness, the 50-year-old preacher says he has received death threats. 'I am standing firm in my beliefs,' Satardien says. 'The truth is more important than being popular or living a quiet life. Extremism has infected Islam in Ireland. It's time to get back to the spiritual aspect of my religion and stop it being used as a political weapon.'

Although his mosque is tiny, Satardien has attracted a loyal following from 20 nationalities of Muslims now living in Ireland. Haris Puskar, 19, fled from Bosnia to Ireland with his family while he was still at primary school. A victim of Serb ethnic cleansing in Banja Luka in the early 1990s, Puskar now speaks English with a Dublin accent and is an ardent Gaelic football fan.

'The imam preaches the same kind of tolerant Islam that my family grew up with back in Bosnia. He is a moderate voice against the extremists. I also like him because he preaches in English, which is the language I have grown up speaking since I came to Ireland at the age of eight,' he says.

Moshin Khan, a 35-year-old shopkeeper, originally from Lahore in Pakistan, agrees. 'I like the message this imam gives us. I don't like extremism - here, in this mosque, there is the teaching of true Islam.
    Read the whole thing.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dublin imam takes on the fanatics

I can see the "W" Sect is used there, I've addressed similar people with this view in this thread please visit

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...tml#post621295

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    chat Quote

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The geezer is talking bush crap.

You will notice all the familiar rethoric, Extremist, fanatic, Osoma bin Laden, Al-qaeda and most of all he comes up with *******.

This article is quite obvious if one looks carefully.

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - Dublin imam takes on the fanatics atomicth4 1 - Dublin imam takes on the fanatics atomicth3 1 - Dublin imam takes on the fanatics
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i wonder how much he cost?

or is he one of the genuine misguided fools who believes this crap and spreads it to please the kuffar?

either way he speaks rubbish and is a clear enemy of Allah and of islam, may Allah swt guide him.

such people should put up or shut up, they should either present their case in debate about whether they represent the true islam or they should shut up because their daleel and views can usually be destroyed as the falsehood it is with ease by genuine scholars of islam.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

true Islam
    Why do people use this term instead of using daleel or is it that they know they have none?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI View Post

Why do people use this term instead of using daleel or is it that they know they have none?
    assalaamu alaykum,

because it is an easy statement to make, i tend to take people how they come to me and not assume they are amongst the munafiq's and worse who have taken the dollar from the CIA.

so everyone believes what they are upon is true islam, and that others are either going to extremes or not doing enough.

the true islam is what the prophet Muhammad saws and the sahabah were upon, as in the haddith about the ummah splitting into many sects etc which i am sure most of us know but whom is really on it?

so people believe they are upon what is true islam, but they dont go deeper into islam for fear of finding themselves wrong and are not concerned with finding the truth or debating it as if they did they might find themselves having to change their views and behaviours and that is a frightening proposition to them,

it is easy to be selective in what haddith to follow or what tafsir to read, yet if we go deeper and read it all we will i am sure all find there are matters we should be doing but do not or are doing which we should not.

however not all are genuine, and yes some of them are munafiq's and worst, having taken bribes from the US to water down in islam in the name of moderate islam or modernist islam, may Allah swt guide the enemies of this ummah and strengthen us all upon the right course of islam, that which can be backed up by daleel and evidence.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    chat Quote

IzakHalevas's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

such people should put up or shut up, they should either present their case in debate about whether they represent the true islam or they should shut up because their daleel and views can usually be destroyed as the falsehood it is with ease by genuine scholars of islam.
    Do you know anything about this man? Yet you judge him like your some kind of authority on anything.

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you know anything about this man? Yet you judge him like your some kind of authority on anything.
    But he's right, it's the usual Rhetoric people give without actually presenting their case with valid points.

chat Quote

MTAFFI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why is it that just because he thinks the violence should end, he has been "paid off". Personally I wish Islam had more people like this guy, he seems smart. The people blowing themselves up accomplish nothing, they take innocent lives and give Islam a bad name. If Muslims just rose up and helped to turn in those who have commited all of these crimes, the world wouldnt be "after" you anymore and you and everyone else could live in peace. Believe what you want, the west is evil, the world wants to get rid of Muslims, blah blah blah, truth is it is getting to be an excuse for murder and violence, the very thing I see so many on this site claim islam is against. I keep hearing it is a war against Islam, I think Islam is waging a war against us. Keep it up and you might just get exterminated, it wouldnt be that hard.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the
    enemy." - George Washington
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow, foul language is quite prevalent in this thread. let it be known that the loser of an argument uses foul language and i heard a narration in which the word "hypocrite" was used.

as for the article, i dont like moderates or liberals, without fundamentals islam will not be islam thats why i dislike any muslim being called an extremist because that word will only be used for the muslims who are sincerely trying hard (some maybe misguided) but nonetheless they are trying hard and its our duty to help them if we see any wrong in their actions not critisize and label them...

im talking from personal experience...

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allahu Alam. The best thing we can do it present Islam the way it really is. Our sitting and just talking wont do anything.

Peace

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The man makes good points about Islam as a peaceful religion.

No doubt I will now be called a hypocrite or my Islamic 'reputation' will otherwise be diminished as certain members who disagree with me (or that guy in the article) cannot simply accept that not everybody thinks alike.
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    The man makes good points about Islam as a peaceful religion.

No doubt I will now be called a hypocrite or my Islamic 'reputation' will otherwise be diminished as certain members who disagree with me (or that guy in the article) cannot simply accept that not everybody thinks alike.

No one is disagreeing with islam being peaceful but if your gonna say u represent islam then u must also mention that it is also a militant religion instead of watewashing everyone who believes in Jihad as an extremist, The problem I have with the guy is that he generalized so much.

chat Quote

Abdul Fattah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a.k.a. steve
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    i wonder how much he cost?

or is he one of the genuine misguided fools who believes this crap and spreads it to please the kuffar?

either way he speaks rubbish and is a clear enemy of Allah and of islam, may Allah swt guide him.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Abu Abdullah
    I don't understand your reaction, are you implying that suicide bombing "is" ok, contrary to what this imam is saying?
    Or was the "this crap" and "rubbish" referring to another point he made?
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. The article only speaks about his stand on terrorism as far as I made out. As for the choice of words "extremists". I don't like it either but we should keep in mind that the precise use of words is usually left to the discretion of the writer of the article. Furthermore the word extreme has different semantic meanings from a western pov as from a muslim pov, so you don't know which pov the imam was talking about. Maybe he uses extreme as a way of expressing his favor for liberal views or maybe he uses the word extreme to refer to acts which go beyond Islam. We don't know. Only Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows. And even if we did know it is still far from us to judge him.
    Last edited by Abdul Fattah; 01-15-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Dublin imam takes on the fanatics

I agree with Muezzin on this one, this guy seems very smart. I think that the majority of the older Muslims in this country also agree with him, I've never met a first-generation Muslim who doesn't think like this.

as for the article, i dont like moderates or liberals, without fundamentals islam will not be islam
    This guy is not going against the fundementals of Islam, he's going against people who support violence. No doubt he largely agrees with creed and fiqh of the people he's condemning, but he does not like their violent political views. We should also remember that the people he condemns have tried to kill him, which is uber haram.

wwwislamicboardcom - Dublin imam takes on the fanatics
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ tru

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

IzakHalevas's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    Allahu Alam. The best thing we can do it present Islam the way it really is. Our sitting and just talking wont do anything.

Peace
    What does that mean?

משה בן מימון
    chat Quote

MTAFFI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

I agree with Muezzin on this one, this guy seems very smart. I think that the majority of the older Muslims in this country also agree with him, I've never met a first-generation Muslim who doesn't think like this.

This guy is not going against the fundementals of Islam, he's going against people who support violence. No doubt he largely agrees with creed and fiqh of the people he's condemning, but he does not like their violent political views. We should also remember that the people he condemns have tried to kill him, which is uber haram.
    it gives non muslims hope for peace as well, thank god for people like you and muezzin who do not simply think violence is the only way and condemn anyone who doesnt take your direction

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the
    enemy." - George Washington
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think this is a step in the right direction as far as rhetoric goes. I don't see why some Muslims on this forum feel the need to attack anyone associated with Islam who denounces violence.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Abdul Fattah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a.k.a. steve
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I Imagen that the reason people reacted like this was not because he denounced violence, but rather because they assumed that he denounced strictness in religion under the guise of denouncing violence.

ps, how's that for putting a lot of info in a single sentence

Check out my website for my conversion story.
    Check out my free e-book if you like reading drama-novels.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Dublin imam takes on the fanatics Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dublin imam takes on the fanatics