star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello!

Report bad ads?

I am new and did not want to post until I introduced myself. I will have a lot of questions so I hope everyone is patient with me. My husband is Muslim. I converted before I married him, but am no religion. I cannot accept that God/Allah is not for all people, not just persons of one religion. I find that idea that God/Allah can only be mericful to those of a particular religion unfair. I believe that God/Allah sees all good people the same, regardless of his or her religion.

2. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hello!

salam and welcome

Allah loves all those who believe in his existence and only his , if you believe in that then you ought to believe in muhammed,jesus,moses and the other prophets who transmitted what god revealed to them and the last of the transmissions was the quran and the message of islam

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nicelady View Post
    I am new and did not want to post until I introduced myself. I will have a lot of questions so I hope everyone is patient with me. My husband is Muslim. I converted before I married him, but am no religion. I cannot accept that God/Allah is not for all people, not just persons of one religion. I find that idea that God/Allah can only be mericful to those of a particular religion unfair. I believe that God/Allah sees all good people the same, regardless of his or her religion.
    Welcome to the forum

UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum! The Divine is for all people, and in this life, His Mercy is for all as well. It is just that in His infinate Mercy, He has given us the best way to follow Him, and a teacher to show us the way

6. Report bad ads?
    Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A very warm welcome to you, nicelady!

I loove your username.

Please feel free to ask all your questions, and to ask for clarification on matters that don't seem to add up for you. We're all here to help

If you don't mind my asking, what did you convert to before you married?

Imagine you parents that brought you up with so much trouble, love and care. Then you either don't acknowledge at all what they did for you, or you falsely acknowledge others along with them as having brought you up eg, say someone else's parents. Would you say that was fair and correct? How would they feel?

In the same way we have to acknowledge and believe and worship the ONLY one who created us and gave us everything we need.

Allah sent messengers (peace be upon them all) to guide us, so all people at all times that followed that guidance that God sent the messengers with, without distorting it, eg rejecting messengers, or exaggerating their status to something it wasn't etc, nor associating others in His divinity, would be loved by God.

That's why we believe in ALL the messengers from A-Z, from Adam to Muhammad (peace be upon them all). They all brought the same message which was "Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord, and associate none in His divinity." But people later changed/distorted/altered the teachings of the earlier messengers. The last messenger's (peace be upon him) teachings are unchanged, and confirm the original guidance sent with the earlier prophets.

Peace.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 12-31-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to Li. I am sure you will make many friends and learn lots about Islam as a way of life.

i look forward to your posts.

See you around!
    Hello!

rose4 1 - Hello!

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum, nice lady. I hope you are true to your name!

May I ask how you could marry a Muslim man, without really following a religion yourself?
    As far as I understand that not permissible in Islam.

I agree with you that God is there for all people, and that he loves us all.
    Hello!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Hello!

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Welcome to the forum, nice lady. I hope you are true to your name!

May I ask how you could marry a Muslim man, without really following a religion yourself?
    As far as I understand that not permissible in Islam.

I agree with you that God is there for all people, and that he loves us all.
    Very true, i was just thinking that?

Misz_Muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ☆⌒ღ SuBHaNALlaH ღ⌒☆
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello nicelady and welcome to the forum
    Hello!

There is a blessing in trials...
    ...they are a means of purifying you, so you can go to the most purest place:

Jannah

12. Report bad ads?
    nicelady's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Glo,
    Yes, you are correct. The only religious women allowed to marry an Islamic man are Christian, Jewish or Islamic. I was none of those, thus I converted to Islam before my husband could or would marry me. I do pray in Arabic 5 times a day, give zakat, and fast during Ramadan. I studied Islam for the last 3 years and read and studied the Quran as well as read many of the Hadiths.
    However, I will repeat again, I am no religion. Yes, this puts my husband in a very bad position, making our marriage Haram. However, he says I am Muslim since I follow the 5 pillars. So that is how he rationalizes this.
    As to others who commented, as they must and as I expected, that Islam is the final religion given by God. I refuse to accept this. It does not matter what is first or last or in the middle, at least not to me. I will repeat and repeat: all good people who follow goodness and kindness and generosity and a pure heart are equally loved by God/Allah. No dogma or rules or regilious doctrine can convince me otherwise. Any God/Allah who limited his acceptance and love on good people who happen to be no particular religion is not the kind of God I will believe in. HE/SHE is beyond the petty need to have it only one way. That is one of the most important reasons He or She is divine and superior in all ways.
    To say the most important thing of all, I am here because it causes me great pain that I know in my heart my beautiful, good, moral, Islamic husband is at risk of hell and is living in sin. If he believed this, he would immediately divorce me. So IF and that is a huge if, I could believe that Islam is the final only correct religion, I would certainly do so as my husband is the most important thing on earth to me. Believe me, if I could believe God picked one way to think and believe, I certainly would for my husband.
    Personally, I care nothing about myself; I am riddled with guilt that I am ruining his purity, at least according to Islamic belief. My husband's entire life and prespective and goal and motive is Islam. His greatest desire is to go to Al Janna.
    I have no idea how any of you can help me. My husband tells me to pray to have faith. I cannot even do that as to me it is totally evil to be only one religion. When we begin to judge others according to what religion they happen to be, then we are following the path of Satan-----------------at least those are my feelings. I say we all should look for the similarities in each other, not pick some narrow perspective to judge those who are right or wrong.

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/Peace

... I find that idea that God/Allah can only be mericful to those of a particular religion unfair.
    Welcome to the forum .

God is kind to all in this world. To get rewards from God in hereafter , one needs to worship Him without any partner and obey the messengers He sent to us.

If one does not believe in one God and reject His Prophets pbut then s/he does not deserve the same rewards as believers who worshipped God alone. This is very logical , why u find this unfair ??
    Hello!

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam/Peace

.. he says I am Muslim since I follow the 5 pillars. So that is how he rationalizes this.

to be a Muslim / to remain as a Muslim , one needs to believe in heart and gives the testimonies that there is no god but God and Muhammed pbuh is the final Prophet of God.

If u don't believe in these , then u are not a Muslim . Your husband must face this harsh truth .

May Allah guides us all and keep us away from all kinds of illegal relationships. Ameen.
    Hello!

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aboard nice lady..

I think the only way you can help yourself and your husband is to get a divorce..
    There is no reason for you to live a lie, or to make him bear the sin of deluding himself that you are something which you clearly aren't!

all the best
    Hello!

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Hello!

Rabi Mansur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nice lady.

I appreciate your honesty. Hope you can find some answers here.

18. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nice lady, you sound like a very caring and soul-searching person. You are very welcome here.

I am wondering this: If you don't believe Islam to be the true and final revelation of God, why then do you fear for your husband's afterlife?
    If you are convinced that he is a good man and loved by God, then why should he be living in sin and why should God wish to punish him?

You sound like a wonderful couple. I pray for you and your marriage, and that God may guide you.

Salaam
    Hello!

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Hello!

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam sister .

MashaAllah for making the effort to come here.We really appreciate that.

I have no idea how any of you can help me. My husband tells me to pray to have faith.
    We could help you by clarifying your doubts regarding religion ?.

I cannot even do that as to me it is totally evil to be only one religion. When we begin to judge others according to what religion they happen to be, then we are following the path of Satan-----------------at least those are my feelings. I say we all should look for the similarities in each other, not pick some narrow perspective to judge those who are right or wrong.
    Sister its not for us to judge if one is going to heaven or not. Its totally up to god. A man who looks totally pious and prays 5 times a day could go to hell because he had a bad heart.A man who lives in a forest and never knew what religion is could go to heaven because he was a good man inside. Its all up to the creator (whom we call Allah) to decide. You may call him God or saviour or merciful or what ever. But the fact remains that the source of creation of all these things is only 1.

When we begin to judge others according to what religion they happen to be, then we are following the path of Satan-----------------at least those are my feelings. I say we all should look for the similarities in each other, not pick some narrow perspective to judge those who are right or wrong.
    “Good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with what is better. Then he, between whom and you there was hatred, will become as though he was a bosom friend.” (Quran 41:34)

Sister what you have said is true we should not see each other with hatred and its duty of every muslim to show absolute compassion and kindness to non muslims. Remember our beloved prophet (pbuh) was given refuge by Jews when he was driven away from his hometown of mecca.

But the fact remains is while we should not judge each other there is only one truth. Say two scientists propose a theory about a single entity and they donot go with each other , then only one of them may be right (i.e they both aren't true at the same time ).
    Hence we belive there is only one true religion. It doesn't mean we should look down upon them or what ever. But it is our responsibility to try to show them and explain to them why we think Islam is the right path.

May Allah guide you sister
    Hello!

______

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear Zakiris,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond so thoughtfully. Thank you for reminding me that it is Allah alone who decides who is worthy and will go to heaven. I will take this as the answer to my dilemma. My husband is a truly good man in his actions, in his thoughts, in his soul, to be truthful the finest man I have ever known; and I come from a very fine family with very good men. May Allah be merciful to him as I believe the God of love is.
    Thank you so much,
    nicelady

Raaina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam, welcome to the forum.

You've an interesting story and an interesting first post. I look forward to reading more of them
    Hello!

Fab site for sisters - Based in Midlands, UK
    Pearl Daisy

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear Zakiris,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond so thoughtfully. Thank you for reminding me that it is Allah alone who decides who is worthy and will go to heaven. I will take this as the answer to my dilemma. My husband is a truly good man in his actions, in his thoughts, in his soul, to be truthful the finest man I have ever known; and I come from a very fine family with very good men. May Allah be merciful to him as I believe the God of love is.
    Thank you so much,
    nicelady
    Sister nicelady ,

Its ok to have doubts about religion and god .. never look down upon self.I believe you are just as good as ur husband is. You just need to walk a yard more and make the effort to do self-soul search and think what really are your beliefs about god.

Have a nice day
    Hello!

______

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear Glo,

As I was writing to you, I was thinking the exact thing you stated in your response to me. Thank you for stating the obvious. I do tear myself to shreds in the attempt to find the ultimate truth in all things, and you stated the truth as I, with my philosophy towards God/Allah.
    I will trust in the mercy of God in sincerest hopes that He is all I imagine Him to be in my heart.
    Thank you, too, for your kind words and understanding of me as the kind of person I truly try to be,
    Nicelady

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello!