× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 7306

Trouble sleeping

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Trouble sleeping

Report bad ads?

What advice can you give to someone who has trouble sleeping?
    Trouble sleeping

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Trouble sleeping

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammad View Post

What advice can you give to someone who has trouble sleeping?
    sleeping tablets, cut down on anything that contains caffeine, recite long surahs, you'll be alright, try to think about something else, it may be that you're awake longer because something is on your mind, divert your mind to something else if this is the case. Don't be sad.
    Trouble sleeping

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I wouldnt go on sleeping tablets so fast dang.

Just try identify what keeps you awake first and then tackle it.
    Trouble sleeping

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

erm erm ermmm

set a alarm early in the mornin like 8/9 and wake up, then do your day to daay thins, and dont fall sleep, and then by the times its the evenin, you should be tireed, and you can tuck yourself in bed and have a good nights sleep and have a fun filled life
    Trouble sleeping

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    .: Jannati :.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

try not to think too much, seriously, ur probs awake/cant sleep coz ur putting strain on ur brain, stess related, or coz ur minds occupied with stuff that are happening. might be hard not to think about the things ur thinking about but clear ur mind from thoughts that make you think a way u could maybe do that is thru engaging in dhikr,reciting Qur'aan etc

what better way to lessen the strain u have on ur mind than to result in the purification and nuitrients for ur soul. remember Allah

sleeping probs may also be health related, maybe go see ur docter as well.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

many times, like right now for example, i'm feeling tired and my eyes lids are feeling heavy and it happens so very often that i would lay down and my eyes are glued shut but i'm wide awake...i tried sleeping pills once, didn't really work until i took more then the amount recommended.

hhmm..
    Trouble sleeping

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

many times, like right now for example, i'm feeling tired and my eyes lids are feeling heavy and it happens so very often that i would lay down and my eyes are glued shut but i'm wide awake...i tried sleeping pills once, didn't really work until i took more then the amount recommended.

hhmm..
    sleeping pills are nonsense that can have long term detrimental side affects which wont be detectable now but later it'll hurt ya when u could have easily prevented taking them

another thing you can help ur self sleep by is going for ghusl/bath, it usually does tire u out. if u can't have a bath now go and perform wudu, relax ur body this way so u feel like sleeping

umm maybe getting off the comp is also a good idea, make good use of ur time
    chat Quote

Mikayeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Noo sleeping pills! Try warm milk before you sleep, avoid having naps during day time.
    Trouble sleeping

wwwislamicboardcom - Trouble sleeping
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its been a long term problem. i've tried ghusl, wudhu, playing games (which actually keeps me awake for longer seeing as i get into it - not to mention i like strategic games - ), reading books, listening to talks, eating and drinking, contemplating, work...errmm i can't think of anything else at the mo.

nothing helps.......*sigh*
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 05-04-2008 at 12:36 AM.
    Trouble sleeping

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its just a long term problem. i've tried ghusl, wudhu, playing games (which actually keeps me awake for longer seeing as i get into it - not to mention i like strategic games - ), reading books, listening to talks, staying up 24 hrs so i can sleep the following night, slept late and forced myself to get up early to sleep early the following night, eating an drinking, contemplating, work...errmm i can't think of anything else at the mo.

nothing helps..*sigh*
    have u had any medical advice? maybe a good idea to go in for check up , coz it just aint normal. our bodies have been given to us as amanah from Allah, do itd our duty to take care of it. u've gotto keep trying nd get all the help u can get iA.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LuvAlSunnah View Post
    have u had any medical advice? maybe a good idea to go in for check up , coz it just aint normal. our bodies have been given to us as amanah from Allah, do itd our duty to take care of it. u've gotto keep trying nd get all the help u can get iA.
    s *

see i'm sleep deprived atm

chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm....
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 04-27-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Trouble sleeping

chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i find it helpful to listen to lectures. in fact, sometimes it's so helpful that i never get to hear the lecture at all.
    Trouble sleeping

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Trouble sleeping
    chat Quote

Farhan1's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalmu Alaikum Brother,
    For sleeping disorders my suggestion is take a cup of milk and when you lye down in your bed just watch your breathing in and out its a good practice for sleeping.May ALLAH help you out

Salaam
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yeh milk's good, with honey! can't sleep without it also not sure bout what u may feel, but hot chocolate makes me sleepy try that also
    Trouble sleeping

~*~
    Yahyâ ibn Mu‘âdh (rahimahullâh) said:

“Renew your hearts with the remembrance of Allâh because it rushes into forgetfulness.”
    chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maybe it is your worries/stress/thoughts that are bothering you? Don't think about anything before going to sleep, really relax.
    It is not good to play video games or watch TV or surf the Net before going to sleep. Rather take 15-30 minutes time-out and just relax, clear your mind and then go to sleep. Avoid coffeine during the day, and rather eat yourself full at least 2 or more hrs before you go to sleep, 'cause it's not good to eat right before going to sleep. Drink a lot of water. Sometimes to take some fresh air before going to sleep helps. Keep it quite. The ideal room to sleep in is sligthly cool..

If nothing helps and you are sure about it, go see a doctor. Seriously, it might be something else, Allah knows best, but checking is never a bad move. Also it is not preferable to use sleeping pills without consulating a doctor first so, inshaAllah, do go see a doctor ASAP.

Selam aleykum.
    Trouble sleeping

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its been a long term problem. i've tried ghusl, wudhu, playing games (which actually keeps me awake for longer seeing as i get into it - not to mention i like strategic games - ), reading books, listening to talks, staying up 24 hrs so i can sleep the following night, slept late and forced myself to get up early to sleep early the following night, eating and drinking, contemplating, work...errmm i can't think of anything else at the mo.

nothing helps.......*sigh*

hmmm.. it could be due to a deficiency of folic acid in the body [Found in fresh fruit, Green veggies, especially beet greens]

Also low levels of vitamin B12, which can happen as a result of stress/tension/ worry etc.

vitamin B12 can be found in yeast extract, soya milk, cereals n I think potatoe and chappati also.

I pray Allaah gives you health and eases all your affairs, Aameen.
    Trouble sleeping

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmm....jazakAllah khair for the help.
    Trouble sleeping

chat Quote

Wmin_ISoc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Trouble sleeping

bismillah...

There were all kind of solutions posted except Du`aa.

Khalid bin Waleed [radiallahu `anh] also had trouble sleeping and thus he went to the prophet [salallahu `alayhe wassallam ] who advised him to make the following du`aa:

Allahu rabbus samaawaatis sab’I wa maa adh-dhal-lat, wa rabbul ardaynin wa maa aqallat wa rabbush shayaateeni wa maa adallat kulli jaarun min sharri khalqika jamee’un ay yafrata alayya ahadun minhum aw yabghayiii alayya azza jaarukan wa jalla thanaa ooka wa laa ilaaha ghayruka* 1

O Allah you are the Lord of the Seven Heavens and what they shelter, and the two earths and the lives they support. Your power can surely control and restrain the devils who mislead the faithful. Lord, be you my Protector and neighbour. Shelter me from any evil that may spur from Your creation, so that none of them may assail me in my rest, or infringe upon my privacy. Indeed your neighbours are strong and safe in Your Protection. What You command is unassailable. Indeed you alone are God.
    * I do not have a arabic keyboard and thus could not type up the du`aa in arabic. Apologies.
    1]: Medicine of the Prophet [Chapter on Insomnia] by Ibn al-Qayyim rahimahullah
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have trouble sleeping quite frequently.
    Today I was reading about the potential benefits of listening to 'white noise'.
    Sounds like this: http://whitenoise.talior.cnchost.com/1-minute-fan.wav
    For some people with insomnia, any sound at all during sleep—or rather, during those times when one is trying to get to sleep—drives them crazy. But for others, “white noise” is the cure. “White noise” ranges from the steady sound of a fan blowing to the soft hum of an air filter or even a computer that doesn’t get shut off at night. The noise can be used to mask or over-ride other noises that may be disturbing to sleep—outside traffic, sounds and voices from a street below—or it can be used to create a gentle, constant, soothing—some say hypnotic—ambiance of sound. But if you haven’t tried it, you won’t know which type of person you are.
    Source: http://www.dreamdoctor.com/better/insomnia/3.shtml

My hubby copied 30 minutes worth onto a CD, and I will try it tonight!
    (I'll let you know)

Free download here.

Peacezzzzz zzzz zzz
    Trouble sleeping

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Trouble sleeping

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Trouble sleeping Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Trouble sleeping