star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

With respect to Abraham's (AS) descendants

Report bad ads?

It is related in the Old Testament of the Bible that God spoke to Abraham (AS) and said:

“I promise that I will give you as many descendants as there are stars in the sky or grains of sand along the seashore.” Genesis 22:16

Is it not obvious that the descendants of Abraham (AS) through Ismail (AS) (the Arabs) are much more numerous than his descendants through Isaac (AS) (the Jews)?

"Great Love for Jesus led me to Islam"

www.lulu.com/content/267651
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    GreatLoveJesus's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sending blessings on Abraham (AS)

It is stated in the Old Testament:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: Genesis 12:2-3

While I do not say that the Jews and Christians “curse” Abraham (AS), which they do not do, yet when was the last time the Jews and Christians sent salutations and blessing upon Abraham (AS), as we Muslims do in our obligatory prayers, or as we say (AS)- Alayhi Salam- Upon Him be Peace- whenever we mention the name of this Prophet?

"Great Love for Jesus led me to Islam"

www.lulu.com/content/267651
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: With respect to Abraham's (AS) descendants

format_quote Originally Posted by GreatLoveJesus View Post
    It is related in the Old Testament of the Bible that God spoke to Abraham (AS) and said:

“I promise that I will give you as many descendants as there are stars in the sky or grains of sand along the seashore.” Genesis 22:16

Is it not obvious that the descendants of Abraham (AS) through Ismail (AS) (the Arabs) are much more numerous than his descendants through Isaac (AS) (the Jews)?
    yup... even though I don't believe that All Jews are descendants of Issac.. not all Jews are of eastern origin rather most are Ashkenazic.. further, many have converted to Christianity and later to Islam so we can't really tell who has descended from whom since at the end the majority are Muslim... a little quick note about this written here..my 2 cents,

the land of Palestine was "supposedly" promised to the seed of
    Abraham. If one researches the Ancient Hebrew laws, the right of decent or
    inheritance is based on the eldest son, no matter whom the mother is. If
    this is the case, then the land was promised to Ishamel (for he was the
    eldest of Abraham's sons) and the Father of Palestinian Arabs. In addition,
    modern day Jews from Russia, Poland and most parts of Eastern Europe have NO genetic link to the ancient Hebrews - they for the most part are decendents of Khazars, who converted to Judaism in the 7th century (this has been documented by Jewish scholars, not Arabs). The modern day Palestinians can claim a more direct link to the Hebrew tribes than the founders of modern day "Israel.".
    So all around indeed Allah has made the descendants of Abraham abundant whether through Issac or Ishmael, Islam is the end result..
    great post by the way...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - With respect to Abraham's (AS) descendants

chat Quote

Amadeus85's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why do you quote the Bible, while for you it is corrupted and changed?

This country is dying because of a lack of men, not a lack of programs.

- Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    siFilam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85 View Post
    Why do you quote the Bible, while for you it is corrupted and changed?

Muslims quote the bible to expose its misguided and altered teachings. We quote it in order to compare its distortion to the unaltered Truth found in our Qur'an. Also, there are things in the bible that we agree with. For example Moses (peace be upon him) said to Pharaoh "so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God." (Exodus 8:10). Keep in mind that the modern day bible is not the original Injil that was revealed to our Messenger Jesus (peace be upon him).
    And Allah knows best.

Wasalam
    -SI-
    chat Quote

Grace Seeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam View Post
    Muslims quote the bible to expose its misguided and altered teachings. We quote it in order to compare its distortion to the unaltered Truth found in our Qur'an. Also, there are things in the bible that we agree with. For example Moses (peace be upon him) said to Pharaoh "so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our God." (Exodus 8:10). Keep in mind that the modern day bible is not the original Injil that was revealed to our Messenger Jesus (peace be upon him).
    And Allah knows best.

Wasalam
    -SI-

Ah, but that is NOT what GreatLoveJesus did in his post.

Rather, he used it as if it were authoritative to make a point -- that the descendants of Abraham through Isamail (not Isaac) might be those of the promise Allah made to Abraham. At least, I took it that this was his point. I don't mind that he chooses to use it that way and would happily discuss the idea with him if that is what he desires to do, but it does naturally lead to Aaron85's question.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! With respect to Abraham's (AS) descendants Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. With respect to Abraham's (AS) descendants