Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A Few Hadith on Dhikr

Report bad ads?

Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 12, Number 802:

Narrated Abu Ma’bad:

(the freed slave of Ibn ‘Abbas) Ibn ‘Abbas told me, “In the lifetime of the Prophet it was the custom to celebrate Allah (SWT)’s praises aloud after the compulsory congregational prayers.” Ibn ‘Abbas further said, “When I heard the Dhikr, I would learn that the compulsory congregational prayer had ended.”

Sahih Muslim
    Book 4, Hadith Number 1211:

Ibn ‘Abbas reported: Dhikr (mentioning the name of Allah (SWT)) in a loud voice after obligatory prayers was (a common practice) during the lifetime of the Apostle of Allah (SWT) (may peace be upon him) ; and when I heard that I came to knew that they (the people) had finished the prayer.

Sahih Muslim
    Book 35, Number 6505:

Abu Huraira reported Allah (SWT)’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying Allah (SWT) has mobile (squads) of angels, who have no other work (to attend to but) to follow the assemblies of Dhikr and when they find such assemblies in which there is Dhikr (of Allah (SWT)) they sit in them and some of them surround the others with their wings till the space between them and the sky of the world is fully covered, and when they disperse (after the assembly of Dhikr is adjourned) they go upward to the heaven and Allah (SWT), the Exalted and Glorious, asks them although He is best informed about them: Where have you come from?

They say: We come from Thine servants upon the earth who had been glorifying Thee (reciting Subhan Allah (SWT)), uttering Thine Greatness (saying Allah (SWT) o-Akbar) and uttering Thine Oneness (La ilaha ill Allah (SWT)) and praising Thee (uttering al-Hamdu Lillah) and begging of Thee.

Be would say: What do they beg of Me?

They would say: They beg of Thee the Paradise of Thine.

He (God) would say: Have they seen My Paradise?

They said: No, our Lord.

He would say: (What it would be then) if they were to see Mine Paradise?

They (the angels) said: They seek Thine protection. He (the Lord) would say: Against what do they seek protection of Mine?

They (the angels) would say: Our Lord, from the Hell-Fire.

He (the Lord) would say: Have they seen My Fire?

They would say: No.

He (the Lord) would say: What it would be if they were to see My Fire?

They would say: They beg of Thee forgiveness.

He would say: I grant pardon to them, and confer upon them what they ask for and grant them protection against which they seek protection.

They (the angels) would again say: Our Lord, there is one amongst them such and such simple servant who happened to pass by (that assembly) and sat there along with them (who had been participating in that assembly).

He (the Lord) would say: I also grant him pardon, for they are a people the seat-fellows of whom are in no way unfortunate.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A Few Hadith on Dhikr

There is dhikr, with chant of huhuhuhu or Allah Allah or other singular words.

if I kept repeating your name without adding any meaningful phrase would you give me what I require of you?

were I to say Al hamd lillah, subhan Allah, would that not make sense more than simply shaking my head and going hu hu hu hu?

keyword in dhikr-e-Allah: A meaningful phrase
    Last edited by NoName55; 06-15-2007 at 08:07 PM.

S.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55 View Post

if I kept repeating your name without adding any meaningful phrase would you give me what I require of you?

were I to say Al hamd lillah, subhan Allah, would that not make sense more than simply shaking my head and going hu hu hu hu?

keyword in dhikrillah: A meaningful phrase
    I dint understand wht u meant. Can u please explain a little further.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    I dint understand wht u meant. Can u please explain a little further.

My understanding is that brother is attempting to convey the virtues and methods of a certain sect, to understand him better you will need to read rest of his threads that are still in existence.

In my reply to initial post, I was saying that *No Muslim* has any objection to dhikr as long as it means SOMETHING.

anyhow checkout this thread
    http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-tasawwuf.html

Last edited by NoName55; 06-16-2007 at 01:38 PM.

6. Report bad ads?
    mujahideenryder's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair. Where did you study to derive such rulings from this hadith?

Musalmaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do you think the word "ALLAH" is meaningless?

Are you aware of how many ayah of Quran and Hadith you have spoke against of?
    A Few Hadith on Dhikr

Hadith: "The best of my community are my generation, and then those who follow them, and then those who follow them" [related by Imran ibn al-Husayn in Bukhari].

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My understanding is that brother is attempting to convey the virtues and methods of a certain sect, to understand better you will need to read rest of his threads that are still in existence.

In my reply to initial post, I was saying that No Muslim has any objection to dhikr as long as it means SOMETHING.

anyway checkout this thread
    http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-tasawwuf.html

To be frank, I can understand wht u mean and ur point put forward.

But u see before putting forth such comments u shud be careful enuf and make sure that it is not purely personal opinion and way of thinking.

Wa'allahuA'lam.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan View Post

Bro Musalmaan , according to me Noname hasnt really said in any way that the word 'Allah' is meaningless or insignificant. But what i have understood is that he means to say suppose u r sitting as an audience in an islamic lecture. Now if u really liked any point put forward by the lecturer you wud say Allahu Akbar, or Subhan Allah , or any such phrase, Would u shout 'Allah' alone?

By shouting the word 'Allah' What exactly u r saying?

Also, after finishing our prayers, we usually say subhanAllah, Alhamdulillah or IstaghfirAllah right..but wud u really say the word Allah alone for 30 or 33 times? Atleast I wont. And Allah know best.

I think thats wht he means to say.

Correct me if iam wrong Noname. - Dint mean to change any of ur comments.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan View Post
    It is the name of the Creator

No, but I am waiting for you to show me (which, no doubt, you will) and I, eagerly await!
    Last edited by NoName55; 06-16-2007 at 01:42 PM.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mujahideenryder View Post
    JazakAllah khair. Where did you study to derive such rulings from this hadith?
    Suffice it to say that I did not spend decades sitting at a gravesite spining round and round and round

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is the name of the creator

No,but I am waiting for you to show me

:awesome: :clever:

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This remembrance (dhikr) is not as some people think i.e. to sit in the corner of a dark room constantly repeating “Allaah, Allaah, Allaah…” This is not how we remember Allaah. Yes, such a person is saying Allaah’s name, but if we think about it, if somebody came to you (and for example your name is Muhammad) and kept saying “Muhammad, Muhammad, Muhammad…” you would wonder what is wrong with that person. Does he want something? Is there something that he needs? What is the purpose of repeating my name without further talk?

This is not the way to remember Allaah because this is not how the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah and there is no record of him doing that. Some people say that we should remember Allaah by dancing around or swaying from side to side. This is not the way to remember Allaah, as this too is not how the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah and there is no record of him doing that.
    The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah in his life. His life was a life of remembrance of Allaah, he lived a life in remembrance of Allaah and this is the true remembrance, in our prayers and in our living and our dying.

In summary, the search for inner peace involves recognising the problems that we have in our lives, recognising our obstacles, recognising that inner peace will only come when we identify those obstacles and understand which of them we can change and that we focus on those obstacles we can change, the ones which are related to our self.

If we change our self then Allaah will change the world around us and give us the means to deal with the world around us. Even though the world is in turmoil Allaah gives us inner peace with it.

Whatever happens we know that it is Allaah’s destiny and that it is Allaah’s trials and we know that ultimately it is for our good. and has good in it. Allaah created us in this world and the world as a means to attain Paradise and the trials of this world is our own spiritual growth. If we can accept all this, accepting Allaah in our hearts then we can find inner peace

excerpted from

The Search for Inner Peace

Written by Dr. Bilal Philips
    01 April 2007

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Suffice it to say that I did not spend decades sitting at a gravesite spining round and round and round
    Interesting

No offense to anyone is intended. So pls forgive me for anythign wrong i have said.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This remembrance (dhikr) is not as some people think i.e. to sit in the corner of a dark room constantly repeating “Allaah, Allaah, Allaah…” This is not how we remember Allaah. Yes, such a person is saying Allaah’s name, but if we think about it, if somebody came to you (and for example your name is Muhammad) and kept saying “Muhammad, Muhammad, Muhammad…” you would wonder what is wrong with that person. Does he want something? Is there something that he needs? What is the purpose of repeating my name without further talk?

This is not the way to remember Allaah because this is not how the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah and there is no record of him doing that. Some people say that we should remember Allaah by dancing around or swaying from side to side. This is not the way to remember Allaah, as this too is not how the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah and there is no record of him doing that.
    The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) remembered Allaah in his life. His life was a life of remembrance of Allaah, he lived a life in remembrance of Allaah and this is the true remembrance, in our prayers and in our living and our dying.

In summary, the search for inner peace involves recognising the problems that we have in our lives, recognising our obstacles, recognising that inner peace will only come when we identify those obstacles and understand which of them we can change and that we focus on those obstacles we can change, the ones which are related to our self.

If we change our self then Allaah will change the world around us and give us the means to deal with the world around us. Even though the world is in turmoil Allaah gives us inner peace with it.

Whatever happens we know that it is Allaah’s destiny and that it is Allaah’s trials and we know that ultimately it is for our good. and has good in it. Allaah created us in this world and the world as a means to attain Paradise and the trials of this world is our own spiritual growth. If we can accept all this, accepting Allaah in our hearts then we can find inner peace

excerpted from

01 April 2007
    Thanks for sharing this!

18. Report bad ads?
    adeel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey who ever is saying something here have something to back it up, like a speech from a scholar etc this is because if you say something wrong and people believe that, you'll get the punisment, so say something if you are 100% sure and not something that comes out of the back off your head, and also make sure you have it backed up. (i knw this has nothing to do with this topic but i thought i should warn people about this)

salaam
    Last edited by adeel; 06-16-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    A Few Hadith on Dhikr

Islamsiggy 1 - A Few Hadith on Dhikr

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey who ever is saying something here have something to back it up, like a speech from a scholar
    how does one get a doctorate? from cornflakes packet?
    What is "Dr." in front of Br. Philips' name? a decoration?
    Last edited by NoName55; 06-16-2007 at 08:42 PM.

ozzy249's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

excerpted from

01 April 2007

Whats wrong with sitting on your own and doing Dhikr of Allah. How else are we meant to do Dhikr?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whats wrong with sitting on your own and doing Dhikr of Allah. How else are we meant to do Dhikr?
    Whatever rocks you boat brother! do it, for I have done my part in trying to pass on the Message (as seen by my Brothers in Faith)

Wasalaam alakum to those on siratulmustaqeem
    Last edited by NoName55; 06-17-2007 at 12:05 AM.

ozzy249's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whatever rocks you boat brother! do it, for I have done my part in trying to pass on the Message (as seen by my Brothers in Faith)

Wasalaam alakum to those on siratulmustaqeem
    Why don't you explain how you do Dhikr. If your trying to pass on your message explain it properly.

24. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salamualikum.
    Flex bludz.
    how ever you do dikr is between you and ya lord!
    Ma'assalama

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! A Few Hadith on Dhikr Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A Few Hadith on Dhikr