Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

UN Troops Raping Sudanese Children

Report bad ads?

IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

NGOs says the rampant child abuse by UN personnel in southern Sudan is becoming "common".

CAIRO — Members of the UN Mission in Southern Sudan (UNMIS) are involved in raping Sudanese children as young as 12,, Britain's Daily Telegraph revealed on Wednesday, January 3, citing a UNICEF report and painful testimonies from the victims.

"Evidence suggests that UNMIS staff may already be involved in sexual exploitation," according to an internal report of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).

UN personnel in the regional capital, Juba, have been having sex with children as young as 12, it added.

"UN cars have been staying into the early hours of the morning, as late as 6am, at a restaurant/disco called Kololo in Juba.

"Adult informants reported seeing a UNMIS car stop along a main road in Juba to pick up three young girls," read the report.

The British daily said abuse began nearly two years ago shortly after UNMIS arrived in March 2005.

It added that the Khartoum government has gathered evidence, including video footage of Bangladeshi UN workers having sex with three young girls.

There are more than 11,000 UN peacekeepers and policeman from some 70 countries in southern Sudan, enforcing a January 2005 peace agreement that ended a 21-year civil war.

Common

The Daily Telegraph gathered accounts from 20 victims in Juba detailing their abuse ordeals.

"I was sitting by the river the first time it happened," said 14-year old Jonas, describing the way he was abused.

Jonas said a UNMIS member abducted him in a car and blindfolded him.

"It was painful and went on for a long time," said the Sudanese child.

"When it was over we went back to the place we had been, and he pushed me out of the car and left."

Other children interviewed described almost identical episodes.

One boy, 13, reported being enticed into a UN car with the offer of cash and then abused before being dumped without any payment.

Similar testimonies have been gathered by NGOs and rights groups in the region who described children abuse by UN troops as "common".

"According to Kennedy Tombe, 23, a shoe shiner in Kony Konyo Market, the issue of young girls being picked up by UNMIS cars during late hours in Juba is common," said a preliminary report for a leading NGO in the region.

"One time, he stated, he was chatting with friends of his own in Kosti area near Konyo Konyo Market – they saw a UNMIS vehicle drop three girls off."

Disturbing

Sudanese Foreign Ministry spokesman Ali Sadek described the accusations as "very disturbing."

The report had a "negative effect on the Sudanese who had the idea that the United Nations is present in their country to help bring peace here," he said.

"We reject such behavior, which seems to accompany UN forces on some of their missions."

UN peacekeepers have been accused of sexual abuse in world hotspots such as Congo, Haiti and Liberia.

The UN admits investigating abuse allegations against 316 of its personnel since January 2004, 179 of whom have been disciplined.

"If these reports are verified, it would be a big letdown by the United Nations," said the Sudanese diplomat.

The UN is pressing Sudan to admit thousands more peacekeepers to its western Darfur region to stop alleged wide spread rape.

Khartoum denies the rape reports, insisting that the people of Darfur are Muslim and, therefore, incapable of rape.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    SUMMAYAH's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: UN Troops Raping Sudanese Children

May Allah free the oppressed.
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May allah place those soldiers in prison where they're gang raped everytime they drop the soap, I hate rapists.
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There was a similar problem with U.N. personel in the Congo. This is just more evidence that the U.N. needs major reform and oversight. Perhaps the new Korean Secretary-General will begin to repair the tarnished image of the U.N. around the world.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    SUMMAYAH's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI View Post

May allah place those soldiers in prison where they're gang raped everytime they drop the soap, I hate rapists.
    chat Quote

skhalid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah will make sure they get what they deserve!!!
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm confused. I was under the impression Sudan did not want any UN troops there. Does any body know what countries besides Bangladesh have sent troops to Sudan?

Herman 1 - UN Troops Raping Sudanese Children

chat Quote

Pure's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

try googling and doing some research.. subhanallah these things do not surprise me anymore.. we must hold our emotions and turn to Allah who is the most Just to provide Justice on the Last Day.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I found my answer.

Here is who is in charge of each sector:

Sector 1: Juba (Bangladesh) The Equatoria Area, which includes the states of West Equatoria, Bahr Al Jabal and East Equatoria. The Sector HQ will be collocated with the JMCO in JUBA. CJMC and JIU HQ will also be located in Juba.
    Sector 2: Wau (Kenya and China) The Bahr el Ghazal Area, which includes the states of West Bahr el Ghazal, North Bahr el Ghazal, Warab and Al Buhairat. The Sector HQ will be located in WAU
    Sector 3: Malakal (India) The Upper Nile Area, which includes the states of Jongley, Unity and Upper Nile. The Sector HQ will be located in MALAKAL.
    Sector 4: Kadugli (Egypt) The Nuba Mountains Area, which shall have the same boundaries of former Southern Kordofan Province when Greater Kordofan was sub-divided into two provinces. The Sector HQ will be located in KADUGLI.
    Sector 5: Damazin (Pakistan) Southern Blue Nile, which is Blue Nile State. The Sector HQ will be located in DAMAZIN.
    Sector 6: Abyei (Zambia) The Abyei area. The Sector HQ will be located in ABYEI

Here are the countries that have contributed UN troops to Sudan:

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brasil, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Uruguay, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNMIS

In my opinion it looks like it should have been a nearly ideal choice to go to the Sudan and not cause any trouble with the Sudanese people. I think the only thing that could have improved on it is if Great Britain, Australia, Austria,Canada, Denmark, Italy, Spain and Sweden had not sent any troops there.

Typicaly Bangladesh and Malayasia contribute the most troops for the UN and in the past both have been very professional and treated everybody fairly.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I. I think the only thing that could have improved on it is if Great Britain, Australia, Austria,Canada, Denmark, Italy, Spain and Sweden had not sent any troops there.
    Why? Exactly what "trouble with the Sudanese people" have troops from those nations caused?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
    Why? Exactly what "trouble with the Sudanese people" have troops from those nations caused?
    None. But in the interest of diplomacy it would be best to keep any western nation UN troops out. The contigency from those nations is quite small and will not make much difference in the overall number. Bangladesh and Malayasia normaly contribute over 3,000 UN troops each. If they are following their normal practice the total contributed by the ones I mentioned will be under 1,000 and it makes more sense to show no Western influence in the Sudan.

chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

None. But in the interest of diplomacy it would be best to keep any western nation UN troops out. The contigency from those nations is quite small and will not make much difference in the overall number. Bangladesh and Malayasia normaly contribute over 3,000 UN troops each. If they are following their normal practice the total contributed by the ones I mentioned will be under 1,000 and it makes more sense to show no Western influence in the Sudan.
    I suspect numbers are far less relevant than specific skills as far as those countries are concerned. Perhaps getting the right people to clear the mines and train local police is more important than worrying about 'Western influence' ? Which maybe the 35% of Sudanese who are not muslim might see as a desirable counter-balance to other 'influences' anyway?
    chat Quote

skhalid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well...people are sayin' its all jst made up...hu r they tryin' 2 kid ere?
    They say that its not rape...children sell themselves 4 the sake of food and all that..hmm thats hard 2 believe...are the UN Troops being protected ere?!
    chat Quote

brenton's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hate when people abuse power and hurt the weak.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Islamicboy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Edit
    chat Quote

AHMED_GUREY's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslim countries really need to get their act together and form an Organisation that can deal with situations like this

practicing muslim peacekeepers should be deployed

ps there are 11 000 UN soldiers in Sudan wich planet was i on when that happend i thought AU troops were the only ones in Sudan
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY View Post
    ps there are 11 000 UN soldiers in Sudan wich planet was i on when that happend i thought AU troops were the only ones in Sudan

Welcome to the club. That is also what I thought.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that means i'm not the only one that's good
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Until I saw this thread everything I read was that Sudan did not want the UN in the Country. I Still don't know when and how they got there.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Until I saw this thread everything I read was that Sudan did not want the UN in the Country. I Still don't know when and how they got there.
    me 2 but Sudan is the largest country in Africa and there talking about a whole different region in Sudan where these cowardly acts were done by ''some'' UN troops and not darfur, these incidents happend in the South

the UN wants to send more troops to darfur to stop the widespread rape done by the cowards called janjaweed but i don't think this report will give the UN the so-called moral highground it needs to question Sudan's oppressive regime

ps the fact that nothing was mentioned in the news about the allready present of thousands of UN troops during the whole send or not send do we have a green light or not UN/George clooney vs Sudan row is very strange
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! UN Troops Raping Sudanese Children Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. UN Troops Raping Sudanese Children