× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 23 visibility 4440

Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I heard about this on my drive to work this morning. Given that this tends to be a Muslim vs Jew issue and that some of you are from the middle east I'm surprised nobody here has started a thread on this. I'd like to get your views on it. I am in no way an expert on this so I'll hold mine until I hear more.

2. Report bad ads?
    GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

I doubt this will work. :/

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    I heard about this on my drive to work this morning. Given that this tends to be a Muslim vs Jew issue and that some of you are from the middle east I'm surprised nobody here has started a thread on this. I'd like to get your views on it. I am in no way an expert on this so I'll hold mine until I hear more.
    Muslim Vs. Israeli Policy/Zionism
    | Likes Zafran, Abz2000 liked this post

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

we find it absurd that a sovereign nation is asking to be recognized in part by those who've colonized it or helped colonize it.. however it is a step in the right direction. Not because the U.N has any sort of power or legitimacy, but for when the time come to breech any contract or agreement with those Zionist pigs the laundry list of who breached what and why can be there for all to see.
    | Likes Zafran, GuestFellow liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

6. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if it's for sovereignty and independence - great - but i don't see how a country becomes independent by subjecting itself to the u.n which is totally manipulated by the ones they seek to differentiate themselves from or any other international body - yes - make agreements etc, but some of the ever-increasing gay laws and banker arm twisting are disturbing.................
    Muslims are different from UNbelievers in terms of belief and submission, and unless we acknowledge that - we can kiss goodbye to the Lord's help.
    i am concerned - especially with all the deceptions we've seen recently in which the u.n played a part.
    do people not have human rights if they're not part of the u.n and does that mean they have to be a nation of homos?
    If we were all striving for the right - we would not only have the approval of God - but also the approval of the world's people - maybe not the corrupt leaders but the people.
    i feel like we're doing injustice to our brothers and sisters over there and if they have to seek the approval of murderous deceitful criminals before being recognized in their own land - we too will suffer the consequences.
    Many tribes offered the Prophet (pbuh) and his followers leadership - but with conditions of passing over leadership after his death, or protection from one side only, he turned them down despite the persecution and abuse he and his followers suffered at the hands of Quraish.
    he continued striving until Almighty God prepared and sent to him a people who would submit to none but Almighty God - and cared for the approval of none but God.
    the only thing he offered them in return was Paradise - and they said "what a profitable transaction" : ) ...............and they became the successful in this world too.
    we are living in a difficult time - and decisions require a lot of thought - it won't be easy - know that beforehand, but the ultimate victory is with Almighty God, and it's around the corner.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 09-20-2011 at 02:54 AM.

2dvls74 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

2vw9341 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000 View Post
    do people not have human rights if they're not part of the u.n and does that mean they have to be a nation of homos?
    You really don't get the irony of that sentence at all, do you?

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There's only irony if you're a kafir,
    There's no irony whatsoever if you're a muslim,
    | Likes جوري liked this post

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Thought we will start it...Once it happens... We are about to win the race...We are optimistic on that ..only hurdle to cross is USA... which is blocking the whole race area and at the same time telling the world it supports us and asking us to win... As expected.. The Fox of the world is behaving as usual.

Hope we will start it soon insha'Allah.

Novice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been posted much earlier.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos View Post
    I doubt this will work. :/
    It won't work because the US will most likely veto any such proposal. However, the Palestinians can apply for a 'non-member state' status in the General Assembly, where there is no veto, and will most likely pass.

IS "NON-MEMBER STATE" STATUS AN OPTION?

In addition to applying to become a full U.N. member state, which requires approval by the U.N. Security Council, the Palestinians could also seek upgraded observer status as a non-member state.

That is what the Vatican has and what Switzerland had before it joined the United Nations in 2002. Such status, U.N. envoys say, could be interpreted as implicit U.N. recognition of Palestinian statehood because the assembly would be acknowledging that the Palestinians control an actual state.

The advantage of this option is that it would require only a simple majority of the 193-nation General Assembly, not a two-thirds majority as in the case of full membership. Since around 120 countries have already recognized the state of Palestine to date, it would most likely win such a vote.

Although the United States, Israel and a handful of other states would likely vote against any Palestinian U.N. move, there are no vetoes in General Assembly votes. Dozens of nations, including many EU members, would likely abstain.

If the Palestinians were to be recognized as a non-member state, they would be able to sign certain international treaties, such as the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC), which they cannot currently sign, the chief Palestinian delegate to the United Nations has said.
    | Likes Dagless, GuestFellow, Abz2000 liked this post

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf View Post
    Thought we will start it...Once it happens... We are about to win the race...We are optimistic on that ..only hurdle to cross is USA... which is blocking the whole race area and at the same time telling the world it supports us and asking us to win... As expected.. The Fox of the world is behaving as usual.

Hope we will start it soon insha'Allah.
    The u.s doesn't matter .. They vetoed against china before for 20 years because they were opposed to 'communism' they'll do the same probably leave the room when Abbas speaks, they've already scheduled him on Friday last on their 'to do' list when Obama leaves on Wednesday .. But no matter .. The u.s & the colonial settler cockroach state are but two flies in the sea...

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

Al-Mufarridun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you look at the political climate of the middle east right now, this couldn't have come at a worst time for the u.s. and those who oppose this. Had this happened when Mubarak was in power, i doubt if it would have any effect. But having an Egyptian population that are gaining their voices who have tasted the delights of self-expression, this could be far more problematic. The situation with Turkey is also another interesting angle. I think this is an important political advantage/leverage for Palestine. The most crucial steps are not this, they are the steps taken the day after. For the U.S. to veto this, in front of the World, that alone would be worth it.

"We are a people of the dunes, we write history in our memories!"

"We still long for the vanished gardens of Cordoba"
    Last edited by Al-Mufarridun; 09-20-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Novice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun View Post

If you look at the political climate of the middle east right now, this couldn't have come at a worst time for the u.s. and those who oppose this. Had this happened when Mubarak was in power, i doubt if it would have any effect. But having an Egyptian population that are gaining their voices who have tested the delights of self-expression, this could be far more problematic. The situation with Turkey is also another interesting angle. I think this is an important political advantage/leverage for Palestine. The most crucial steps are not this, they are the steps taken the day after. For the U.S. to veto this, in front of the World, that alone would be worth it.

"We are a people of the dunes, we write history in our memories!"

"We still long for the vanished gardens of Cordoba"
    Indeed. Saudi Arabia has also spoken up, although I hope it isn't just hot air.

A FORMER head of Saudi Arabian intelligence and ex-ambassador to Washington, Turki al-Faisal, has warned that an American veto of Palestinian membership of the United Nations would end the ''special relationship'' between the two countries, and make the US ''toxic'' in the Arab world.

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ That does sound confrontational...never expected this sort of response from Saudi Arabia.
    | Likes Dagless liked this post

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i don't think they understood what confrontational meant from the day they were installed by the british government with the help of lawrence.
    i do however know what appeasement of the people they govern is.
    what does "ending this special relationship" mean?

this??????????????.........................

bushabdullah2jpgt1 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country bush and abdullah - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country 6a00d8341c62f553ef01156fc37a6a970b800wi 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

i'm sure many would agree that that kind of "special relationship" is unhealthy anyway,
    Last edited by Abz2000; 09-21-2011 at 02:36 AM.

18. Report bad ads?
    Al-Mufarridun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"The First Jewish President"

2011922173925931734 20 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country

Obama is the "the first Jewish President". That's the title of New York magazine's lead article,
    written by John Heilemann and quoting a major Obama fundraiser.

Listening to Obama speak at the United Nations on Wednesday many would nod in agreement,
    not less in Palestine and the Arab world. Full Article

2011922174232654580 8 1 - Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country
    | Likes 'Aleena liked this post

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You want a seat on that throne you've to prostrate before your Zionist Gods and do their bidding.. it is really that simple!

Dagless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Getting a Wimpy...
    in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

1. وَلاَ تَهِنُوا وَلاَ تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنتُمُ الأَعْلَوْنَ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ.

la 7wla wla qiwta illah billaah
    | Likes Abz2000, Al-Mufarridun liked this post

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

who are the savages now oh two dollar common street prostitute Pamella Geller?
    | Likes 'Aleena, Abz2000 liked this post

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Palestine applies to UN to become soverign country