× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 2125

Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

On judgment day before the God you believe in (Jews and Christians can answer this too), when God asks somebody if they heard the word/truth/etc are these answers equivalent or different? Will they be judged the same or differently?

"I did not hear it."

"I heard it. I did not believe it."

"I heard it. I refused to follow it."

2. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey

From a Christian perspective, "I heard it. I refused to follow it" is the worst scenario. It is also called blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Knowing the truth and rejecting it by free will is one of the worst sins.

"I heard it. I did not believe it." is similar, but perhaps not as bad as the former. Depending upon individual circumstances of course.

We had a long discussion of "I did not hear it", but it was erased during the technical mess.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd go with..."Huh? You mean all that stuff about you wiping out people, sending plagues and slaughtering firstborn is TRUE!!!, Oh Good Greif. And all this time we were concerned about the brutality of man "

My God wouldnt say any of those , he would say, "Phew! Thank me that you diddnt follow all that stuff in books."

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The latter two would be judged the same, from my knowledge..

The first is a special case where it depends on the specific circumstance, I guess, and there's a test on the day of judgment for those who did not hear of islam.

alhamdullilah.

6. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think we should all be grateful that we won't be judged on the following statement:

"I smelled it. I dealt it."

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"I did not hear it."
    this is for a very special case (like someone live in the desert or in the Mountains and dont conact with others in any means) its somehow rare these days

those two are the same but the the last one is the worse becuase it is insuring the refusion of it

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    On judgment day before the God you believe in (Jews and Christians can answer this too), when God asks somebody if they heard the word/truth/etc are these answers equivalent or different? Will they be judged the same or differently?

"I did not hear it."

Like people before have said, the first case is much more different than the other two. Like, if someone didn't get any revelation of Islam or the Quran whatsoever, then clearly they will judged way differently than someone who didn't but chose not to obey. Someone who chose not to obey Allaah, but still believes in Allaah and tawheed will be in hell for quite some time, but will eventually end up in heaven later on (I remember an article posted on this; hopefully I can find it so it can shed some light on this topic). As for someone who heard and did not believe, then this person will be condemned the worst because: one; they knew about Islam and were aware of it's teachings, principles, and overall religious doctrine and two; they did not believe in it. Allaah states in the Quran that even if you were to have an atom's weight or mustard's seed weight of imaan (faith), then Allaah will open the gates of heaven for you (but other factors also obviously weigh in such as fulfilling the five pillars of Islam).

Hopefully I was clear enough, and if I made any mistakes then please don't hesitate to correct me (and may Allaah forgive me too inshaa Allaah).

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ameena, did I read that correctly? The person who believes it but refuses it is better off than the person who doesn't believe it?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ Yup.

12. Report bad ads?
    barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are you sure?
    That seems a bit outside what Ive heard and read of Islam , and in contradiction with a lot of hadeeth and surah.

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Are you sure?
    That seems a bit outside what Ive heard and read of Islam , and in contradiction with a lot of hadeeth and surah.
    Could you perhaps put the relevant sura and hadeeth in your next post so that we may analyse it and discuss further?

Thanks.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ouch! keltoi (post 2) and barney(post 10) are closer to being correct than many others, perhaps some Arabic lessons are needed in order to understad what word "kafar" stands for

is it a person who does not believe what you tell him?
    or is it a rebel like Iblis who knowing full well the truth decides to go his own way?

Has Iblis got more chance of going to Paradise than any present day Jew who has heard of Islam through likes of Messrs. Sharon, Arafat, Netenyahu, Bliar and hamas etc. and does not believe it?
    Last edited by NoName55; 04-02-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55 View Post
    ouch! keltoi (post 2) and barney(post 10) are closer to being correct than many others, perhaps some Arabic lessons are needed in order to understad what word "kafar" stands for

is it a person who does not believe what you tell him?
    or is it a rebel like Iblis who knowing full well the truth decides to go his own way?

Has Iblis got more chance of going to Paradise than any present day Jew who has heard of Islam through likes of Messrs. Sharon, Arafat, Netenyahu, Bliar and hamas etc. and does not believe it?
    I agree with Bro. NoName. Also, this can easily turn into a discussion that most of us are not qualified to answer. Some things are best left to an Imam or Scholar. Before any misleading information gets presented it is best if we:

:

Herman 1 - Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey

17. Hide
Hey there! Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey