× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 7057

Make Me A Muslim . . . .

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Report bad ads?

salaam ma alaykum

did anyone watch that show on ch4?

its goooood, i like

i dont like the white woman who is datin that muslim guy and the imam called muhammad they annoy me

its gona come on next week again ...

any views peoples
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

2. Report bad ads?
    Re.TiReD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Wa'alaykum salam

The net decided to go bonk round that time so i watched some of it...its kinda funny...good idea methinks...but there were parts in it where i thought...'Hmmm, that part of islam needs explaining a little better'...but other than that...Its going to be interesting, that I can tell *grin*
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

s a b r

Nyomi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Waalaikumassalaamu!

Yep i watched this, was quite good and so funny too.

Just to let you know sis, it's on tv again tomorrow night and the night after and not next week as you have stated

'Abd al-Baari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That 'guy' was annoying me, but i only watched about 10 minutes of it- i hope you understand who i mean
    Last edited by 'Abd al-Baari; 12-16-2007 at 09:41 PM.
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yaa i was sayin that, they need to explain a bit more

lol you know that sheikh sulayman he gangsta lol, he comes on islam channel bless him. he wicked, he the bestest out of all of them
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah> View Post

That 'guy' was annoying me, but i only watched about 10 minutes of it- i hope you understand who i mean
    no i dont can you be more specific bro
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol you know that sheikh sulayman he gangsta lol, he comes on islam channel bless him. he wicked, he the bestest out of all of them
    yeh he was cool, btw do you know where this was set bro?

no i dont can you be more specific bro
    You serious lol, did you watch it all?
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ i think yorkshire, that some where near the top of england
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought it was, not far from here Jazaka'Allah Khayr
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol are you talkin about the muhammad imam guy? the one i talked about lol . ..

bless them all they doin good but i think they should try to explain more
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah> View Post

I thought it was, not far from here Jazaka'Allah Khayr
    AssalamuAlaykum

yeah its quite near *grin*

and tell Brother Chacha that you're talking about the Yag, he'll totally get you then. *grin*
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

s a b r

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

are you talkin about the lady boy

i actually thought he was kool man, i hope all of them are guided to the truth
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    In need of Dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam-o-Allikum
    i too just watched the show on channel 4+1 hour...
    i thought it was a good episode and im looking forward to seeing the next ones,

i think yorkshire, that some where near the top of england
    Lol... to me Yorkshire especially bradford is WAYYYYYYY down south lol... i consider myself as livng near the top of england.. close to the Scotish border :P
    Last edited by ☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆; 12-18-2007 at 09:14 PM.
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Mysterious Uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was hoping someone would post something about the show...so thanx for this. The show really really annoyed me because there were so many points in the show where things could have been explained properly, for example why girls wear the headscarf. I'm still going to watch it though cos i think it is funny. Especially the gay guy, how hilarious.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AssalamuAlaykum

One point I forgot to mention is the Imaam Muhammad going to search for a wife for the Gay bloke...Now as a Muslim (Alhamdulillah) I'd be freaked out to see an Imaam doing that on the streets...I wonder what the Non-Muslims must have thought?
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

s a b r

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think the tasks are a bit silly. They should concentrate on the explanations of the rulings as opposed to just saying: 'oh you look like a female' in addition to 'you are inviting yourself to be raped with these clothing' (words to that effect). No wonder that english girl went psycho on him.

There is one imaam on the show who can explain it well - not suleiman or muhammad or the revert/convert sis (don't know much about her as the show hardly gives her much air time) but that other other guy (I forgot his name) - he's just like me: the man. That can. From pakistan.

Also, they should have had another sister or at the very least have the revert sis explaining with the non-muslim females. It seemed a little random with which imam is being sent where and it got to an extent they had to use 2 imaams on one guy (they had to go back to him and send another Imam). Bah, they should have set it in leicester At-taqwa mosque. Would have been much better.

Still, at least the show is being aired. I just hope it doesn't end in tears, like most of C4's recent Islamic/muslim related shows (well, anything after 'dispatches: what muslims want' - which I must admit was actually quite good. The rest, however, were a load of tosh)
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

I think the tasks are a bit silly. They should concentrate on the explanations of the rulings as opposed to just saying: 'oh you look like a female' in addition to 'you are inviting yourself to be raped with these clothing' (words to that effect). No wonder that english girl went psycho on him.

There is one imaam on the show who can explain it well - not suleiman or muhammad or the revert/convert sis (don't know much about her as the show hardly gives her much air time) but that other other guy (I forgot his name) - he's just like me: the man. That can. From pakistan.

Also, they should have had another sister or at the very least have the revert sis explaining with the non-muslim females. It seemed a little random with which imam is being sent where and it got to an extent they had to use 2 imaams on one guy (they had to go back to him and send another Imam). Bah, they should have set it in leicester At-taqwa mosque. Would have been much better.

Still, at least the show is being aired. I just hope it doesn't end in tears, like most of C4's recent Islamic/muslim related shows (well, anything after 'dispatches: what muslims want' - which I must admit was actually quite good. The rest, however, were a load of tosh)
    AssalamuAlaykum

I think you mean Ajmal Masroor right? I think thats his name anyway...the one that went into the pub...
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

s a b r

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs View Post
    AssalamuAlaykum

I think you mean Ajmal Masroor right? I think thats his name anyway...the one that went into the pub...
    Yeah, Ajmal him. To be fair, he did leave the pub and only went in to get that bloke OUT of it. He then explained the Sharia law bit, which I was really pleased with. Best of all, that explanation is all that was needed.
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    LI Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post
    Yeah, Ajmal him. To be fair, he did leave the pub and only went in to get that bloke OUT of it. He then explained the Sharia law bit, which I was really pleased with. Best of all, that explanation is all that was needed.
    He seems to be the voice of reason in the whole thing...yeah i understand, i was rather shocked when he walked into it...But I liked the way he got the bloke out of there...he speaks in such a way that the other cannot refuse. Masha'Allah
    Make Me A Muslim . . . .

s a b r

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The show is set in Harrogate (to the person who asked )

And I agree Imam Ajmal Masroor was also my favourite.

It annoyed me how the Muhammad guy was unable to defend his point of view due to his limited range of vocab (no offence to him of course it wasn't his fault!). He should have asked them to explain to him exactly what they perceived Shariah law to be and then work from there. Quite often, people assume that they know what Shariah is all about when that is just not the case at all.

And also Sheikh Sulaiman (who I have always liked) failed to explain that it was homosexual practices and acts that are forbidden and not the actual sexual orientation itself. It was ridiculous to suggest that the guy 'chose' to be gay. I don't believe that for one moment.

I do appreciate though that it isn't easy to get the right words out when you're being attacked from all corners. I would probably just panic and have a nervous breakdown haha.

I think I should go on it Haha!

So yeah, Ajmal Masroor - my fave. The best communicator and the most understanding of all the mentors. He knows when to laugh and when to be serious.

Make Me A Muslim . . . .

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Make Me A Muslim . . . . Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Make Me A Muslim . . . .