× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 4777

Irritated and disgusted

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Irritated and disgusted

Report bad ads?

All the time that the Wilders film was coming out, I was hoping that Muslims would react peacefully. I hoped that by being sensible and moderate, Muslims could disprove the false charges that Wilders brought up against them. I hoped this would happen with the other incidents as well, like the cartoon crisis. I hoped that peace would douse the flames of hatred that western right-wing politicians have recently been setting off.

And you know what, peace did happen. There was little Muslim violence or flag burning or embassy torching. Most people were calm and peaceful. There is no boycott of the Netherlands. In fact, the UN even ruled against Wilders.

But did it help? Nope. As mentioned in another thread, something more disgusting than any other previous right-wing piece is now being brewed up by a Dutch apostate. Something that is not made to trigger debate, but to hurt, offend and shock. And what makes it particularly shocking to me? The fact that peace made things worse! Now that Wilders got away pretty much scott-free, they all want to take advantage of this and make whatever filthy, perverted trash that they can think up! When Muslims are violent, they complain and call us monsters. But when Muslims are generally hospitable, what do they do? Take advantage of them and insult them further, that's what!!!

So much for moderation. So much for tolerance. So much for 'showing them how we really are'. There is nothing we can do now to stop them. I feel like crying.
    Irritated and disgusted

wwwislamicboardcom - Irritated and disgusted
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Irritated and disgusted

So true dude.

It's sadly the case of NO win situation. - Best not be disheartened. Allah is the most powerful, and has the will to crush all like insects in a second. He'll deal with things his own way.

Gur Fateh!
    Irritated and disgusted

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

jzcasejz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    When Muslims are violent, they complain and call us monsters. But when Muslims are generally hospitable, what do they do? Take advantage of them and insult them further, that's what!!!
    With us Muslims, it's: ****ed if you do... ****ed if you don't!

^ EDIT: They blocked out the word D-A-M-N???
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

they were disappointed that muslims didn't go beserk and cause more people to hate and fear them and support their right wing agenda.
    so they are pushing harder. they will push and push and push, feeling sure that if they only push enough, they will get the reaction they seek.
    i agree, it is disgusting and depressing.
    Irritated and disgusted

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Irritated and disgusted
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't lose heart too much, fishman. It is a very frustrating time but do remember that every attempt to bash Islam leads people to convert to the religion - it acts as advertising .

Heck, one of the families affected by 9/11 converted to Islam with many more converting as a result to the negative media associated with islam from there on.

I do admit that we are in a catch 22 and as such it can get really annoying cus no matter what we do we get crap thrown at us, but we just have to hold on for a little longer. Heck, if you want, create some movies showing true Islam in your country or city. Just always remember that there are people in this world that no matter what you do, you just won't be able to convince them. And that's exactly what Sura Kafiroon is all about
    Irritated and disgusted

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart." (17:81)
    Irritated and disgusted

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

'Abd al-Baari's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    al-Taalib
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

To add to what akhee Osman just posted this is a small snippet from the Khutbah of Shaykh Abdul Rahmaan As Sudays

Its actually about the cartoons incident before, but the message is very good i think

Oh Muslim Ummah, with the recent events that have befallen the Ummah with exaggerated increase in prices of basic necessities, we also have people who are seeking to destroy the image of our beloved Prophet (SAW) in the form of cartoons. Allah says "Allâh mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong-doings to wander blindly." [Surah Baqarah:*Ayah 15] These slanders are in the form of a new language that aims to insult Prophethood. These lies and slanders are a form of terrorism that is being carried out under the name of freedom of speech and democracy. However, these are nothing but slanders and lies. Insulting our honourable Prophet (SAW) is to insult 'Esa and Musa and all the Prophets and Messengers of Allah (AS).

Let the whole world know that these people who are writing have not been able to and nor will they ever be able to harm our Prophet (SAW). Allah says "Truly! We will suffice you against the scoffers." [Surah Hijr:*Ayah 95] All these actions of theirs is nothing but jealousy and envy that is burning in their hearts. Allah will extinguish their flame and weaken them, because no matter how much falsehood spreads it will only strengthen the truth. "Nay, We fling (send down) the truth (this Qur'ân) against the falsehood, so it destroys it, and behold, it (falsehood) is vanished. And woe to you for that (lie) which you ascribe." [Surah Anbiya:*Ayah 18]

Oh nation of our beloved Prophet (SAW), know that true defence of the Prophet (SAW) is to follow his footsteps, adhere to his teachings, and learn about him. Befriending the Prophet (SAW) is not rioting or destroying properties oppressively. Beware of such reactions which are not rightly guided, or actions which are not well thought out. May Allah make us amongst those who defend the honour of the Prophet (SAW) and follow his guidance. Allah says "Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me, Allâh will love you and forgive your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah Ale 'Imraan:*Ayah 31]
    WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh
    Last edited by 'Abd al-Baari; 03-30-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Irritated and disgusted

chat Quote

Ali.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    they were disappointed that muslims didn't go beserk and cause more people to hate and fear them and support their right wing agenda.
    so they are pushing harder. they will push and push and push, feeling sure that if they only push enough, they will get the reaction they seek.
    i agree, it is disgusting and depressing.
    Exactly.

Don't feel like that, Fishman. You might aswell start getting used to it as I think it will start happening a lot more often.
    Irritated and disgusted

Should I seek a source of law other than God, when it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (Qur'an) fully explained? And those whom We have given them the Book know that it has been sent down from the Lord with truth, so be not of those in doubt.
    {6:114}

الصبر
    و
    العلم
    chat Quote

TheAtheist's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is nothing we can do now to stop them. I feel like crying.
    Signed up just to tell you that - You brought it on yourselves.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Souljette's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Souljette Of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TheAtheist View Post
    And what do you exactly mean by that?????
    Irritated and disgusted

“The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs is afflicted, the whole body responds to it with sleeplessness and fever”.

www.souljette.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by TheAtheist View Post
    When you say 'you', who exactly are you referring to?
    Irritated and disgusted

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio
    But did it help? Nope. As mentioned in another thread, something more disgusting than any other previous right-wing piece is now being brewed up by a Dutch apostate. Something that is not made to trigger debate, but to hurt, offend and shock. And what makes it particularly shocking to me? The fact that peace made things worse! Now that Wilders got away pretty much scott-free, they all want to take advantage of this and make whatever filthy, perverted trash that they can think up! When Muslims are violent, they complain and call us monsters. But when Muslims are generally hospitable, what do they do? Take advantage of them and insult them further, that's what!!!

So much for moderation. So much for tolerance. So much for 'showing them how we really are'. There is nothing we can do now to stop them. I feel like crying.
    I believe the apostate you are refering to had planned to make the cartoon long before Wilders even started talking about his film. Fitna brought his story back to the surface, I think that's it. the cartoon is not a direct response to the muslim response to Geert's movie, but an independent work which I believe [content removed]...or it could be cartoon the sole purpose of which is to insult.

There has been discussion about boycotting dutch goods, there has been burning of Geert's likeness, there have even been some diplomatic notes coming from muslim countries... the muslim world did react and the overall reaction could hardly be described as generally hospitable.. Muslims living in the west did react peacefully, but such reactions don't make the news and are harder to remember.

Anyway, the damage has been done, the cartoon violence, the pope's speech violence, honour killings, the shutting down of art exhibitions across Europe, quotes of radical muslim clerics etc etc... the reputation of being a intolerant, embassy burning hate monger doesn't go away overnight. It takes more than just ingoring one movie.

Hug a pillow!
    Last edited by Muhammad; 03-31-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I felt this description was inappropriate.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Greetings,

When you say 'you', who exactly are you referring to?
    I believe he is refering to muslims.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Whatsthepoint,

Thanks for your post.

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    I believe he is refering to muslims.
    I was expecting that answer from himself. And I was going to take it from there by asking him whether he means all Muslims, the majority of Muslims, just the people on this board or just a minority of Muslims. And then I was going to take it further from there.

I don't mean to be patronising towards him, but I believe people who say things like that need educating slowly.

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.
    ~ Qur'an (16:125)

Regards
    Irritated and disgusted

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro I know what you're refferiring to and yes it sad that this 'ex-muslim' would dare to release such a video
    Irritated and disgusted

33 43 1 - Irritated and disgusted
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry, it's just that the purpose of your post and the reply you expect is quite obvious so I thought of dropping my 2 cents, I believe that's the expression
    I can edit my post if you want me to.
    chat Quote

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm assuming that you think the film has had no firm response by muslims to it.
    They have threatened to kill Geet and indeed employees of liveleak.

OK, so the "Kill them till they accept we are peaceful" route might not be exactly sane, and simply adds evidence to the films claims, but it's certainly a "response".
    Personally, I cant see the Producer celebrating his birthday after next.
    Irritated and disgusted

Occupation: The term of control of a territory by foreign military forces: Iraq 2003-2005
    Liberation:when something or someone is freed: Operation Telic 2003
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint View Post
    Sorry, it's just that the purpose of your post and the reply you expect is quite obvious so I thought of dropping my 2 cents, I believe that's the expression
    I can edit my post if you want me to.
    That won't be necessary.

And yes that is the correct expression; here is an appropriate smiley:

2centsfinalci9 - Irritated and disgusted

Regards
    Irritated and disgusted

chat Quote

Ninth_Scribe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, those people were not looking for a respectful debate in the first place, so I'm not the least bit surprized. You can't respect a disrespect, which is why I don't approve of moderates in most issues, and tend to side with those who are willing to defend their religion.

The last time there were cartoons published, I did not support their Freedom of Speech because it degraded humanity as a whole. The Muslims could, of course, make derrogatory statements about Denmark's mothers... but then the blame would be shared between them both. And while I dislike fighting, I do believe that any man, who is a man, should not tolerate this type of BS - I don't care who it comes from. My son once drew a swastika on my driveway, and I smacked him from one end of the house to the other - and I'm not even Jewish!

It seems to me that we have a great many brats running loose in this world, and no one has stepped up to the plate to discipline them!

The Ninth Scribe
    Irritated and disgusted

wwwislamicboardcom - Irritated and disgusted
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interesting post Ninth Scribe.
    Irritated and disgusted

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Irritated and disgusted Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Irritated and disgusted