star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy This Really Bothers Me...

Report bad ads?

Every week, Monday - Friday, I have to go to classes and study for quizzes and tests and also complete homework assignments. For some reason, I'm able to do some of this, but also keep up with my Islamic obligations, such as praying on time, reading Qu'ran, hadiths, going to the masjid for prayer, etc. But when my last class on Friday is over, this big feeling of relief overtakes me and I always feel like doing nothing. Literally nothing. Or wasting time doing pointless things like watching soccer videos on Youtube or playing video games at a friend's house. I become lazy and I end up making my prayers right at the end. I don't think I even touch the Qu'ran on the weekends sometimes. Then when I come back to my college, Monday is usually the getting back into the grind day, and then eventually the whole process repeats. Every week this happens. What is my problem? I don't want to say it, but I really feel that I just use Islam as an excuse to get away from my "dunya worries" if you know what I mean. I feel like my faith only shows up when I have a tough week ahead of me. And when I'm giving some time to relax and get away from dunya (Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sunday Mornings), I also get away from my religion.....please help :/
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Jalal~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: This Really Bothers Me...

Honestly, I'm a little scared of the weekends now. I always feel that on the weekends I deserve some kind of relaxation or pleasure, so I become lazy in all of my duties, whether it be fulling my Islamic obligations or working on my academic career. I know that the pleasures in this world are temporary....Maybe I don't show enough gratitude for what Allah has given me; maybe im just not content with what I have. During the week, I'm absolutely fine, but the weekends are a bit of a mess for me. And i have a one week break coming up and after another week of school, I'm getting a month off...I dont know what to do...

Also, I think i dont know how to enjoy myself anymore. During the week, the only enjoyment i might give myself at most is 30 minutes a day of soccer videos and other youtube stuff. Other than that, I'm either doing homework, studying, watching funny Islamic videos, quran, chilling at the masjid, exercising. Some of these are fun to do, but on the weekends, i dont do anything at all.Maybe I'm extremely burned out or something?
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! This Really Bothers Me... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. This Really Bothers Me...