star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Should I stay in America?

Report bad ads?

I came to Usa over 5 years ago and thinking of applying for citizenship soon, but I am having some questions about that now. What are some benefits of muslims living in america other than doing dawah? Also what can we do to help americans understand Islam and deal with Islamophobia? Also, any tips on how to practice Islam in america?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Should I stay in America?

format_quote Originally Posted by tahmid001 View Post
    I came to Usa over 5 years ago and thinking of applying for citizenship soon, but I am having some questions about that now. What are some benefits of muslims living in america other than doing dawah? Also what can we do to help americans understand Islam and deal with Islamophobia? Also, any tips on how to practice Islam in america?

Much of this will depend on which state you are in. Each state is as different from each other as countries are different from each other. Even within a state there will be differences in each county and often differences within the cities in the county.

I found Texas to be the most receptive to Muslims and the University of Texas has an excellent Islamic Department for those who desire to learn more about Islam. The North Central States have the least contact with Muslims and there is a need not only for Dawah, but for knowledgeable Muslims to take an active role in the few Mosques.

What State are you currently in?

Herman 1 - Should I stay in America?

chat Quote

tahmid001's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am in new york city brother.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have the opportunity there to be in contact with a fairly large Muslim community. the draw back is the cost of living in NYC is quite expensive. If possible look into relocating up to the Boston, Massachusets area in particular around Cambridge. You may want to see about possible employment at the Islamic School.

Check out this link and try to contact some of the Brothers and speak to them about the good and bad about staying in America.

http://islamicsocietyofboston.org/

Herman 1 - Should I stay in America?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    tahmid001's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair brother, I agree new york city can be expensive but I have almost all my family here so I have no plans of relocating, but I will try to contact the brothers inshaAllah.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Should I stay in America? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Should I stay in America?