star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Needing to get back on Track

Report bad ads?

brothers and sisters. I started my quest on becoming a good Muslim in January 08. Everything was going well in the first couple months. But then i began to slip and started going farther away from the right path. I started committing small sins and now its beginning to irritate me. I prayed 5 Times a day and would go to the mosque of Fajr and Isha almost everyday. I loved the feeling of it. But now i have slipped. For the past 2/3 weeks i have been missing Fajr and too tired to even get up to pray at home. I dont attend Isha prayer as often as i would like to. I want to get back on the right track because when i was there it was so sweet and it felt o so good. That was probaly the time of when my emaan was at its highest peak. I wanna get back on track and was looking for some advice. I am open and ready to do what needs to be done.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Needing to get back on Track

*bump

Someone advise inshaAllaah.

(moved to the advice/support section?)
    chat Quote

Intisar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    ''By night it conceals the light, by day as it appears in Glory..'' -092.002-003
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The same thing's happened to me. I'm on the right track, praying my five daily prayers on time, reading Quraan afterwards and making du'a but then for some reason subhanAllaah I start getting off track. To make matters easy, I always remember how good I feel whenever my eeman is on track and how lazy and bored I feel whenever it is low. InshaaAllaah, try to read some surah's, ponder upon their meanings and how Allaah warns us of his painful torment and his mercy that he gives upon his servants that follow his commands. When you're reciting the Quraan during salah, think about what exactly they mean. At the end of Al-Fatihah (lots of people don't realize this) you're asking Allaah to make us (not just you, but the entire Ummah) those of whom have earned his grace and not his anger! Ponder upon what the Quraan actually means, read the story of how Islaam started and the perseverance of Muhammad (salAllaahu 3alayhi wasalam) and his companions (radiAllaahu 3anhum).

*Acausal synchronicity*

Please make du'a for my mom and Dad.
    chat Quote

Yasmeena's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamualaikum,

Well no one is perfect we all make mistakes and i'm sure many of muslims have been in your position. i'm not that good at advice but make sure you pray to allah for forgiveness sincerely and really try not to make the same mistake again. Try to stay around positivity like muslims who are trying to stay on the right path. The shaitan likes to pick at our weaknesses, also everytime you think about going to do something haram just say aoudo billahe minal shaitaneerajeem( I seek refuge in allah from the shaitan) and go do something halal! hope this helps, i'll pray for you
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Güven's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I Notice That A lot of People Begin To Practise And Had An huge Amount of Emaan On The JAnuari 08 , Including Me SubhanAllah ,
    I feel Very DOWN , LIke Dead, If I miss A Salat , It feels Like I Betray Allah S.W.T May Allah Forgive Us , Anyway The Advices Above Me Are Realy Good especialy That From Sister-AMeena

And as for the one who fears standing in front of His Lord and restrains the soul from impure evil desires and lusts, verily, Paradise will be his abode [79:40-41]
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think it would be the same as any other practice. once you start slipping up, you continue to slip more and more until it seems easier and you forget how good you felt when you were doing it.
    the only think i know of is to make yourself do it and adhere to it very strictly. at first it will be hard, but it you just do it, it becomes easier and eventually, just a natural part of your daily life.
    good luck.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Needing to get back on Track
    chat Quote

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam ,,brother , you should read the flames of imaan i had once are now dyin post, i think it is in this section, it is a great read
    chat Quote

M..x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh my gosh, Like I just made a thread proper similar to this. I know tha feeling ='(
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Needing to get back on Track Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Needing to get back on Track