star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question marijuanna

Report bad ads?

i wanted to know whether consumin marijuanna was considered as an intoxicant( 40 days during which the consumer's namaz won't have any value) or is it the same as smoking cigarette(just haraam)
    marijuanna

"Each riyal, dirham …etc. used to buy their goods eventually becomes bullets to be fired at the hearts of brothers and children in Palestine.. To buy their goods is to support tyranny, oppression and aggression." -Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: marijuanna

format_quote Originally Posted by noorahmad View Post

i wanted to know whether consumin marijuanna was considered as an intoxicant( 40 days during which the consumer's namaz won't have any value) or is it the same as smoking cigarette(just haraam)
    Salamualikum.

Trust me you will regret it lata man!.. Anywho there was once upon a time about this.. use search engine...

Unless me got mistaken...

Anywho May Allaah guide us all Amin

Ma'assalama Man
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Would you be willing to drink a beer? Your attitude toward marijuana should be the same. they are both done for the same reason, the intoxicating effect.
    marijuanna

Herman 1 - marijuanna

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Marijuana is certainly an intoxicant, and I think it should be clear to anyone that it is forbidden in Islam.

Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does.
    I can see what the author is saying here, but his phrasing is ambiguous. Marijuana and alcohol rather obviously have different effects on the brain and body.

Peace
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

Marijuana is certainly an intoxicant, and I think it should be clear to anyone that it is forbidden in Islam.

I can see what the author is saying here, but his phrasing is ambiguous. Marijuana and alcohol rather obviously have different effects on the brain and body.

Peace
    Maybe the idea is that it effects you in a similar way,

as in they both have serious issues connected to them,

Allah knows best,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.
    marijuanna

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

noorahmad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yea i agree to all that but wats bothering me is that the first cigarette u smoke make u a bit highway and its the same for marijuanna, wen u've gotten used to it, it doznt have the same effect as b4!
    marijuanna

"Each riyal, dirham …etc. used to buy their goods eventually becomes bullets to be fired at the hearts of brothers and children in Palestine.. To buy their goods is to support tyranny, oppression and aggression." -Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yea i agree to all that but wats bothering me is that the first cigarette u smoke make u a bit highway and its the same for marijuanna, wen u've gotten used to it, it doznt have the same effect as b4!

Well don't take it init, You will gag for it but trust me man u'll regret it lata!
    Ma'assalama
    chat Quote

BlackMamba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dude, its haram. Im sorry. Hes the verse that talks about intoxicants.

5:90 O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.
    chat Quote

noorahmad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im not touching it, just something that has been troubling me for some time!
    ifs its considered as an intoxicant and put on the same level as alcohol, i think that the same shud be done for cigarette
    marijuanna

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im not touching it, just something that has been troubling me for some time!
    ifs its considered as an intoxicant and put on the same level as alcohol, i think that the same shud be done for cigarette

I believe most of us agree with you there. The problem is there has been a long time economy built upon tobacco. It is a hideous trap. Millions of people have their lives built into the production of tobacco and even if they hate tobacco, they can do little to change their income methods.

My home state of Connecticut used to be a major togacco producing region. It no longer is, but it took 40 years to turn the economy around so the tobacco farmers could change their farms to other uses. For that reason, you will find many people keeping tobacco legal. It became legal at a time it was not thought to be harmful and only after a whole system of production was established, did the harm become known. It would be like if suddenly some body just discovered that tomatoes were harmful. they would be many problems to stop the growing and sale of them.

Actually tomatoes are in the tobacco family and the leaves are smoked like tobacco, only much higher nicotine levels. Tomatoes have a very high level of nicotine and are deadly if any part except the fruit is consumed. Perhaps someday they too will be considered to be an intoxicant.
    marijuanna

Herman 1 - marijuanna

chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! marijuanna Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. marijuanna