× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1469

Why the West needs Ahmadinejad

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exclamation Why the West needs Ahmadinejad

Report bad ads?

By Rageh Omaar in Tehran

A year is a long time in Iranian politics.

Twelve months ago, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, was branded a hardliner by Washington - a religious zealot, and a direct threat to Israel.

Now he is seen as essential to helping George Bush and Tony Blair out of the policy disaster in Iraq.

What is it about him and his government that the American president and British prime minister got so wrong?

Austere Leader

Ahmedinejad lectured at a prestigious university in Tehran, teaching civil engineering.

He is still technically a member of the faculty. His office remains untouched, should he wish to return.

You would know that it was Dr Ahmadinejad's office only by its austerity and religious symbols.

Students and colleagues, even those who do not agree with his politics, say they respect him.

Ahmadinejad represents a crucial break in Iranian politics – he is the first post-revolutionary who is not a cleric, he fought in the Iran-Iraq war, and crucially he is seen as not being corrupt.

If the West has underestimated his government's influence in Iraq and the region, they have also exaggerated his vulnerability here in Iran.

So it is hardly surprising that most ordinary Iranians are not hugely interested in Tony Blair's comments on Iraq, especially as he has said Iran would have to give up its nuclear enrichment programme before any talks – something every Iranian leader has said will not happen.

People here feel that when it comes to Iraq and even Lebanon and Afghanistan, Britain and the US need them, not the other way round.

What they want to know is what benefits does Iran get for such assistance?
    Source

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why the West needs Ahmadinejad

Considers what you mean by "need". The U.S. and the U.K. would like very much for Iran to stop sponsoring attacks on Sunnis and funneling IED devices and other weapons into Iraq. At this point it is widely accepted that Iran is causing alot of trouble in Iraq. So in that sense, I suppose you could say the U.S. and U.K. "need" Iran to stop sponsoring violence.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Considers what you mean by "need". The U.S. and the U.K. would like very much for Iran to stop sponsoring attacks on Sunnis and funneling IED devices and other weapons into Iraq. At this point it is widely accepted that Iran is causing alot of trouble in Iraq. So in that sense, I suppose you could say the U.S. and U.K. "need" Iran to stop sponsoring violence.
    Hmm..

jazakhala bro, AsalamuAlaykum!

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

West needs Ahmadinejad to stop sponsoring terrorism.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I guess everyone's right on this one.

Iran is a Central focus on Mid East politics and to exclude it is like keeping Michael Jordan out of a Final's game.

Iran can put an end to the 'terrorism' it 'sponsers' and it can also end the many feuds with Israel, it can bridge economic ties between the West and the Middle East, it can do SOOOO much and its a shame that the US has such a strict 'us-or-the-highway' mentality towards it...

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir
    chat Quote

cihad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    on a little uninhabited island called my bed
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hey is the dude who wrote this article the presenter on witness?
    on aljazeera english?
    jus askin

READ THE QURAN
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Why the West needs Ahmadinejad Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why the West needs Ahmadinejad