× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 3241

More hostility between the US and Iran

MTAFFI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan
    Pentagon Wary Of Tehran's Expanding Nuclear Program And Support Of Iraqi Insurgents

WASHINGTON, April 29, 2008

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad tours the uranium enrichment plant at Natanz, April 8, 2008. (ISIS)

U.S. Develops Iran Attack Plan

Concerned over Iran's disputed nuclear weapons program, the Pentagon has ordered military commanders to develop to options for attacking Iran. David Martin reports.

(CBS) A second American aircraft carrier steamed into the Persian Gulf on Tuesday as the Pentagon ordered military commanders to develop new options for attacking Iran. CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the planning is being driven by what one officer called the "increasingly hostile role" Iran is playing in Iraq - smuggling weapons into Iraq for use against American troops.

"What the Iranians are doing is killing American servicemen and -women inside Iraq," said Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

U.S. officials are also concerned by Iranian harassment of U.S. ships in the Persian Gulf as well as Iran's still growing nuclear program. New pictures of Iran's uranium enrichment plant show the country's defense minister in the background, as if deliberately mocking a recent finding by U.S. intelligence that Iran had ceased work on a nuclear weapon.

No attacks are imminent and the last thing the Pentagon wants is another war, but Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen has warned Iran not to assume the U.S. military can't strike.

"I have reserve capability, in particular our Navy and our Air Force so it would be a mistake to think that we are out of combat capability," Mullen said.

Targets would include everything from the plants where weapons are made to the headquarters of the organization known as the Quds Force which directs operations in Iraq. Later this week Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is expected to confront the Iranians with evidence of their meddling and demand a halt.

If that doesn't produce results, the State Department has begun drafting an ultimatum that would tell the Iranians to knock it off - or else.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4056941.shtml

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    - Bertrand Russell

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the
    enemy." - George Washington
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: More hostility between the US and Iran

Approved, sorry for the extreme delay. I wish I could say the delay was due to me doing something exciting like searching for Nessy in a puddle in the park, but really I've just been busy with uni work.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

John Bolton: US should bomb Iranian camps
    By Damien McElroy, Foreign Affairs Correspondent
    Last Updated: 3:35PM BST 06/05/2008
    John Bolton, America’s ex-ambassador to the United Nations, has called for US air strikes on Iranian camps where insurgents are trained for war in Iraq.

John Bolton was an influential member of President Bush's inner circle

Mr Bolton said that striking Iran would represent a major step towards victory in Iraq. While he acknowledged that the risk of a hostile Iranian response harming American’s overseas interests existed, he said the damage inflicted by Tehran would be “far higher” if Washington took no action.

“This is a case where the use of military force against a training camp to show the Iranians we’re not going to tolerate this is really the most prudent thing to do,” he said. “Then the ball would be in Iran’s court to draw the appropriate lesson to stop harming our troops.”

Mr Bolton, an influential former member of President George W Bush’s inner circle, dismissed as “dead wrong” reported British intelligence conclusions that the US military had overstated the support that Iran was providing to Iraqi fighters.

A US military spokesman revealed last week that the elite Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards had drafted in personnel from Lebanon’s Hizbollah to train fighters from Iraq’s Shia militias.

Colonel Donald Bacon, a spokesman for the coalition in Baghdad, said captured fighters had told interrogators that thousands of Iraqi fighters were undergoing training in the Islamic Republic.

The main camp is located near the town of Jalil Azad, near Tehran, according to coalition officials.

The capture of Qais Khazali, a major figure in the Shia insurgency alongside Ali Mussa Daqduq, a senior Lebanese Hizbollah guerilla, last year yielded a treasure trove of information on Hizbollah’s activities in Iraq.

“Ali Mussa Daqduq confirmed Lebanese Hizbollah were providing training to Iraqi Special Group members in Iran and that his role was to assess the quality of training and make recommendations on how the training could be improved,” said Col Bacon. “In this role, he travelled to Iraq on four occasions and was captured on his fourth trip.”

Five Britons kidnapped in Iraq are believed to have been put under the control of Quds Force agents after failed attempts to barter the men for Khazali and Daqduq’s freedom.

The importance of the Quds Force to stability in Iraq was demonstrated last week when a five-member Iraqi delegation was sent to Tehran to meet with its commander, General Ghassem Soleimani. The delegation was despatched by the Iraqi government to plead for an end to Iranian meddling in its enfeebled neighbour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1931...ian-camps.html

- Bertrand Russell

chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bolton has made these statements before, but I don't think Bolton and President Bush see eye to eye at this moment in time. I say that because this issue has been raised on the Sunday morning talk shows and the White House talking heads have stated clearly that they do not agree with Bolton on this issue.

I'm sure the military is clamoring for the green light to attack Iranian assets linked to the Iraq insurgency, but that is probably a complication Bush doesn't want to hand off to the next president. I'm sure there will be a long report handed off to either McCain or Obama detailing the best strategy for that scenario though.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Bolton has made these statements before, but I don't think Bolton and President Bush see eye to eye at this moment in time. I say that because this issue has been raised on the Sunday morning talk shows and the White House talking heads have stated clearly that they do not agree with Bolton on this issue.

I'm sure the military is clamoring for the green light to attack Iranian assets linked to the Iraq insurgency, but that is probably a complication Bush doesn't want to hand off to the next president. I'm sure there will be a long report handed off to either McCain or Obama detailing the best strategy for that scenario though.
    it is getting freakin crazy though, everyday the media perpetuates it further. I used to think that the situation would fizzle out and go away, but as time continues on I am starting to think differently.

- Bertrand Russell

chat Quote

mustafaisb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: More hostility between the US and Iran

It's Shock Doctrine economics really.
    Read the book, shows what is really going on in the world today.

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctrine...0096144&sr=1-2
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI View Post
    it is getting freakin crazy though, everyday the media perpetuates it further. I used to think that the situation would fizzle out and go away, but as time continues on I am starting to think differently.
    The reason the media is picking up on it all the time is because the generals and other high ranking officials at the Pentagon are mumbling about Iran being responsible for American deaths in Iraq, and they want action taken sooner rather than later. The civilian leadership doesn't want complications with Iran while they are trying to make them see reason on the nuclear issue. It is a powder keg, primarily because the U.S. military leadership seems to want to take action before the end of Bush's presidency...for obvious reasons.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

TrueStranger's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It really doesn’t matter who becomes the president, American foreign policy never changes.

sadly, I will take McCain over Obama any day.

70:28 Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger View Post
    It really doesn’t matter who becomes the president, American foreign policy never changes.

sadly, I will take McCain over Obama any day.
    McCain has my vote at this point as well, mainly due to his experience and service. Obama is still a mystery to me.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Ninth_Scribe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Too true. Hillary made her debute commentary suggesting she would obliterate Iran if it messed with her precious Israel and Obama said that, while he's all for bringing troops home from Iraq, he intends to make use of the unmanned drones to target Al Qaeda in Pakistan, if the new government doesn't do it for him. McCain is a warlord too. None of them want peace, not if it means they have to admit that they were... wrong!

wwwislamicboardcom - More hostility between the US and Iran
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe View Post
    Too true. Hillary made her debute commentary suggesting she would obliterate Iran if it messed with her precious Israel and Obama said that, while he's all for bringing troops home from Iraq, he intends to make use of the unmanned drones to target Al Qaeda in Pakistan, if the new government doesn't do it for him. McCain is a warlord too. None of them want peace, not if it means they have to admit that they were... wrong!
    Wrong about what? Targeting Al-Qaeda is not wrong and defending Israel against foreign attack is not wrong. Atleast not to the majority of Americans out there.

chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Iran can't be accused of anything because no one is 100% percent sure they are making nuclear weapons and when israel is not part of the global treaty to curb the spread of the atomic bombs
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

McCain has my vote at this point as well, mainly due to his experience and service. Obama is still a mystery to me.
    I will take McCain over Obama simply because McCain is easily predictable. I already know his philosophy, as for Obama he seems to be running away from everything/everyone who might cost him some votes. McCain is almost like Bush, a little bit more intelligent that is all. But I won’t vote for any candidate, democrat or Republican.

There are thousands of people around the world who have the same experiences as McCain if not more profound experiences, such experiences and services shouldn’t be used to elect a President for a nation which is solely interested in blowing people which they label as “terrorist” using their own rigidly bias definition.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wrong about what? Targeting Al-Qaeda is not wrong and defending Israel against foreign attack is not wrong. Atleast not to the majority of Americans out there.
    The majority of Americans also "elected" Bush twice.

Israel needs to stop oppressing and occupying Palestinian territory. They can't speak about defending themselves when they continuously attack and target innocent Palestinians.

Carpet bombing innocent people from the sky in the middle of the night is a terrorist act, and one that is extremely cowardly. Americans think that everything they do is "right" and all that oppose them are "wrong" :blind:

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The majority of Americans also "elected" Bush twice.

Israel needs to stop oppressing and occupying Palestinian territory. They can't speak about defending themselves when they continuously attack and target innocent Palestinians.

Carpet bombing innocent people from the sky in the middle of the night is a terrorist act, and one that is extremely cowardly. Americans think that everything they do is "right" and all that oppose them are "wrong" :blind:
    I love how on the one hand you dismiss the will of the American majority because they elected Bush, then in the same sentence suggest that Bush stole the elections. Brilliant

Oh, and the U.S. hasn't carpet bombed anything. That requires a large bomber aircraft dropping thousands of pounds of conventional explosives. That hasn't happened since Vietnam.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will take McCain over Obama simply because McCain is easily predictable. I already know his philosophy, as for Obama he seems to be running away from everything/everyone who might cost him some votes. McCain is almost like Bush, a little bit more intelligent that is all. But I won’t vote for any candidate, democrat or Republican.

There are thousands of people around the world who have the same experiences as McCain if not more profound experiences, such experiences and services shouldn’t be used to elect a President for a nation which is solely interested in blowing people which they label as “terrorist” using their own rigidly bias definition.
    It doesn't matter how many people "around the world" supposedly have the same experience as John McCain. McCain spent five years in a Vietnamese prison camp and has experienced war first hand. Add to that 20 plus years of political experience and you have a very decent package.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Americans think that everything they do is "right" and all that oppose them are "wrong" :blind:
    just playing the devils advocate here, but do you know of any other group that does the same?

- Bertrand Russell

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It doesn't matter how many people "around the world" supposedly have the same experience as John McCain. McCain spent five years in a Vietnamese prison camp and has experienced war first hand. Add to that 20 plus years of political experience and you have a very decent package.
    Except for the fact that he wishes to continue a pointless campaign in Iraq... Personally he strikes me as the next figure to further deminish our countries reputation, but what are you going to do ya know? I am not voting for a democrat who 1) I know nothing about 2) has no balls 3) has no foreign policy experience 3) has limited political experience 4) his former preacher (maniac).... I will say thought Keltoi, I believe a while back you were predicting HRC ()for the democratic nominee... do you still think so? Or can I say "I told you so" j/k

- Bertrand Russell

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI View Post
    Except for the fact that he wishes to continue a pointless campaign in Iraq... Personally he strikes me as the next figure to further deminish our countries reputation, but what are you going to do ya know? I am not voting for a democrat who 1) I know nothing about 2) has no balls 3) has no foreign policy experience 3) has limited political experience 4) his former preacher (maniac).... I will say thought Keltoi, I believe a while back you were predicting HRC ()for the democratic nominee... do you still think so? Or can I say "I told you so" j/k
    Hey that could still happen! It would take a major Obama blunder between now and the convention, but I don't write her off just yet. We are dealing with the Clinton's here.

As for McCain, he will continue the campaign in Iraq but I would expect a different approach. Those looking for a complete and total pull out will be disappointed of course.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love how on the one hand you dismiss the will of the American majority because they elected Bush, then in the same sentence suggest that Bush stole the elections. Brilliant

Oh, and the U.S. hasn't carpet bombed anything. That requires a large bomber aircraft dropping thousands of pounds of conventional explosives. That hasn't happened since Vietnam.
    “The majority of Americans also "elected" Bush twice.” I think I recognized the fact that the Americans willingly elected Bush, and I haven’t said anything about Bush stealing any elections.

The U.S hasn’t carpet-bombed anything??? Denying it won’t change the fact that America did in fact carpet-bombed Iraq during the Gulf-war using B-52s, and America does use it in Afghanistan and in some cities in Iraq today.

Iraq: A Criminal Process
    Carpet bombing, cluster bombs and napalm against Iraqi civilians

by Ghali Hassan

November 27, 2005
    GlobalResearch.ca

http://www.pissedoffcombatveterans.com/id589.html

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! More hostility between the US and Iran Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. More hostility between the US and Iran