× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 65 visibility 5440

Islam is real threat to church, says Synod member

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

By Martin Beckford, Religious Affairs Correspondent in Jerusalem

Divisions in the Church of England over homosexuality and women bishops are nothing compared with the threat it faces from Islam, a prominent member of its governing body has warned.

More than 1,000 conservative Anglicans have been meeting in Jerusalem this week to develop a new movement within the worldwide Communion, in order to combat liberals who they say are departing from the Bible's teaching by supporting gay clergy.

Next week the General Synod, the Church of England's parliament, gathers in York to discuss the introduction of women bishops without provisions for those who oppose the historic move, which could see dozens of conservative clergy leave the church and claim millions in compensation.

But Alison Ruoff, an evangelical lay member of the Synod and a former magistrate who is at the Gafcon summit in Jerusalem, told The Daily Telegraph that the church needs to get past these divisions and concentrate on fighting the rise of Islam in Britain.

She says that under an Archbishop of Canterbury who said it is inevitable that elements of Sharia will be introduced in the UK, the church has not done enough to put its message across.

And she believes the Government, out of politically correct sensitivity, is not preventing the growth of Muslim communities which do not integrate with those around them.

Mrs Ruoff, who earlier this year called for a halt to mosque building in Britain, said: "The problems of homosexuality and women bishops which face the Church of England are minor compared with the threat to the church and the nation from Islam.

"The church is sleepwalking into an Islamic state. Hopefully we can unite against it.

"The leaders of the church have lost their confidence in the Gospel. We have got an Archbishop of Canterbury who doesn't stand up for Christianity but wants a degree of Sharia law.

"The church should be getting out with the Christian message.

"Our Government is allowing it to happen out of political correctness, but it should be protecting our values and heritage."

She added that many people share her fears but do not like to speak out about it in case they are criticised.

"People are genuinely worried. There's a general concern in the nation about its building blocks being rapidly eroded.

"But we are very afraid of the law and of being persecuted. The police in many respects are standing up for Islam rather than Christianity."

Mrs Ruoff believes the problem with the growth of Islam in Britain is that some communities do not integrate, and that some immigrant imams do not learn English, leading to segregation.

She fears that if these communities introduce Islamic law, all non-Muslims and women will be treated as second-class citizens by them.

Gafcon leaders are still working on a statement which will determine the structure of their new movement, which is more likely to be an organization for traditional Anglicans worldwide rather than an outside rival.

However Mrs Ruoff believes a complete split is justified as liberals, particularly in America, have departed so far from the traditional teaching of the Bible and church rules by consecrating an openly gay bishop.

Yesterday, Gafcon leaders said the conference was itself an ultimatum and a challenge to the Archbishop of Canterbury and the existing structures of the Anglican Communion.

Dr Peter Jensen, the Archbishop of Sydney, said: “Gafcon poses a challenge now. If all we did was meet here it would pose a challenge to others in the Communion and the leadership.

“The fact that Gafcon has now come into existence as a conference and possibly a movement, that has got to be taken into account.

“All around the world, the sleeping giant of orthodox Anglicanism has been awoken.”

He said it was an “act of folly” for the liberal Americans to consecrate a gay bishop without thinking there would be serious consequences.

Archbishop Greg Venables, Primate of the Anglican Province of the Southern Cone, said he was sorry that more conservative church leaders at Gafcon were not also going to the Lambeth Conference, the once-a-decade gathering of Anglican bishops, as he is.

“I personally would have liked us all to be there,” he said.

A final statement is expected to be signed by Gafcon leaders on Sunday.

Source

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Islam is real threat to church, says Synod member

we are a threat, i concur, cause were smashing the falsehood and bringing the truth, and this worries them we should continue on course, rather than call for inter-faith dialog, we dont need inter-faith dialog, Islam is growing and growing, even with all the Islamophobia, interfaith dialog simply wants to make a status quo, which i dont want, i want to keep on exposing the falsehood and letting the truth be known!
    chat Quote

suffiyan007's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Marriages for lesbianism and homosexualism are OK in church actually.Mostly like Sir George Michael & Sir Elton John...they all are Gay...and They can married in church with their boyfriend...Talk about same sex marriage in church, the pope,cardinals,bishop and arcbishop making money cause the people offering money to the priest to make the wedding that so grand and happening,According in bible reading, no one can married each other of same sex, look what's happened to "Sodom and Gomorrah"..is this Good to people practise like the follower of prophet Luth...who's gay? Why Should God created Man And Woman? Simply! A woman has been made from the rib of a man....A man should love their wife!. Why in islam the people prohibited in this issue.Because the Ahzab of Allah is True....we should fear of the lord!.....
    lotsa statement stated in bible...u should fear of the Lord...whY christianity fear not to the Lord..is JESuS powERful than God?
    chat Quote

TrueStranger's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Karin Rika
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims today are truly WEAK, DIVIDED, and FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER, and they still say we pose a threat????

Imagine how dreadful they will be of us once we get our acts together

But on a serious note, this lady is just trying to change the topic and create a bigger threat, and enemy. She probably learned it from Bushy.

70:28 Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Whom to Fear?

" I tell you,my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot afterwards do anything worse. I will show whom to fear; fead God,who,after killing,has the authority to throw into hell.Believe me,he is the one you must fear!"Aren't five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one sparrow is forgotten by God. Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!.
    (Luke 12:4-7)

Jesus speaks about Fear of The lord in bible does christians fear of God? after been sinning to have affair with same sex?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger View Post

Muslims today are truly WEAK, DIVIDED, and FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER, and they still say we pose a threat????

Imagine how dreadful they will be of us once we get our acts together

But on a serious note, this lady is just trying to change the topic and create a bigger threat, and enemy. She probably learned it from Bushy.

Are this you address to me? i am a man...not woman!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007 View Post
    I believe the sister was on about the woman in the article.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think she's actually talking about Mrs. Ruoff, the woman that's coming up with these ideas about Islam being a threat..
    Anyway, I don't understand how Christianity is seen as a culture..I thought it was a religion?..And what's this about Christians losing their way of life...
    I don't see people being blackmailed into becoming muslims..
    But yeah..I agree with sis True Stranger..she definitely is trying to make it seem like Islam is a 'threat'..

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can someone help...how to post my own new thread? i cant find the button?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Truth is truth. we do pose a threat to those who are not following the teachings of Allaah(swt) and those who are spreading falsehoods.

But, we do not pose any physical or coercive threats.

If the truth is a threat than we are a major threat.

Herman 1 - Islam is real threat to church, says Synod member

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

story of prophet luth:

We also sent Luth: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people creation ever committed before you? For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women:" ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds". And his people gave no answer but this: they said,"Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure! But we saved him and his family, except his wife, she was of those who lagged behind.And we rained down on them a shower of brimstone: then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!( Surah Al-A'raf 80-84)...

Allah is angry but he patience who doing homosex and lesbian!
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Truth is truth. we do pose a threat to those who are not following the teachings of Allaah(swt) and those who are spreading falsehoods.

But, we do not pose any physical or coercive threats.

If the truth is a threat than we are a major threat.
    true that, there is no Muslim army invading their lands with a sword shouting convert or die! the threat we pose is a threat to destroy their falsehood and corrupt ways, just like Jesus was a threat to some Jewish authorities.
    chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if they want to stop Islam from rising in England... they must ban the internet....

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

GEORGE BERNARD SHAW said: (Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.)

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion, which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence,
    which can make itself appeal to every age."

"I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the
    dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness"

"I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as
    it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.”

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Osman my friend;

The greater threat to Christianity and probably Islam too is apathy, wealth and intellectuals. There are far too many temptations in this world; and as people become more independent and wealthy, they can sort all their own problems out, they do not need God.

As Muslims integrate into British Society they will be faced with all the temptations of a very secular society.

We thank God in the good times, and in doing so we are reminded that all things come from God.

So I do not see Islam as a threat to Christianity, we can live together side by side in friendship and peace.

In the spirit of praying for a greater faith and trust in God,

Eric
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam certainly poses a demographic threat, not only to Christianity, but also to Europe's secular order.
    chat Quote

MKE Brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What I find striking is that this Mrs Ruoff believes it is the governments job to protect Christianity as well.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince View Post
    we are a threat, i concur, cause were smashing the falsehood and bringing the truth, and this worries them we should continue on course, rather than call for inter-faith dialog, we dont need inter-faith dialog, Islam is growing and growing, even with all the Islamophobia, interfaith dialog simply wants to make a status quo, which i dont want, i want to keep on exposing the falsehood and letting the truth be known!
    What is truth and what is Falsehood? What's wrong with inter-faith dialogue?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MKE Brother View Post
    What I find striking is that this Mrs Ruoff believes it is the governments job to protect Christianity as well.

yes, i believe you thought.ThaT government of either England or America still protect christianity from homosexuality and lesbian.CausE to believe, the church still accept the same sex marriage...
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes, i believe you thought.ThaT government of either England or America still protect christianity from homosexuality and lesbian.CausE to believe, the church still accept the same sex marriage...
    The US government has never protected any religion from anything other than hate crimes.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Islam is real threat to church, says Synod member Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Islam is real threat to church, says Synod member