Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
    I found this funny enjoy

Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa

By IOL(islamonline.net) Staff

"What I said was not a fatwa to kill Mickey Mouse nor would any reasonable minded person say such a thing," sheikh Munajid said.

CAIRO — A Saudi scholar has refuted media propaganda that he had issued a death fatwa against Mickey Mouse, the famous cartoon character, blaming the fuss on misleading media outlets.
    "Of course I have known for more than 40 years now - as every one does - that Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character," Sheikh Mohammed Salah Al-Munajid said in a video he posted on YouTube.

"Thus, what I said was not a fatwa to kill Mickey Mouse nor would any reasonable minded person say such a thing."

In the video, titled "Response to media propaganda about killing Mickey Mouse", Munajid refuted media reports that he had ordered the killing of Mickey in a weekly program he presents on an Arab television network.

Does Islam Encourage Kindness to Animals?

A video clip from last month's program was posted on the video-sharing website and circulated among Western media.

Munajid, a prominent lecturer and author, affirmed that the discussion in the program was about the treatment of animals.

"What was mentioned in the video clip was one of the rulings in dealing with harmful animals, such as rodents and scorpions under a broader discussion of the effect of media and characters on the family and children," he explained.

"So, the real issue discussed was harmful rodents and mice, not Mickey."

Verify First

Sheikh Munajid said he was stunned by the fuss the false propaganda on his TV comments generated in the West.

"I find the response it generated surprising and almost amusing due to the way it was presented and ridiculed, as if Mickey Mouse is a living creature," he said in English in the nearly 5-minute clip.

Several Western media outlets had quoted Munajid as saying that the carton character was "an agent of Satan and is steered by him."

The news of his alleged Mickey Mouse death fatwa made headlines in many newspapers around the world.

It also became an issue for debate among TV commentators in many leading American networks like ABC and Fox News.

In the NBC's long-running American Late-Night Show, host Jay Leno mocked and derided what he called an Islamic ruling against Mickey Mouse.

Munajid blamed such controversies on cultural misunderstandings and misinformation.

"People who honestly search for the truth will utilize authentic sources," he stressed.

"Our advice to people and media outlets who rely on translations is to ensure they are using objective sources and ovoid translations that are misleading at best."
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    The Khan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa

I found it funny too! How these westerners love to interpret anything we say as barbaric and stupid.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

when I saw it @
    http://www.dailystaregypt.com/articl...rticleID=16773
    and here
    http://www.alarabiya.tv/views/2008/09/29/57439.html
    I believed it and I have the original broadcast on tape
    Last edited by doorster; 11-02-2008 at 03:25 AM.
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"What I said was not a fatwa to kill Mickey Mouse nor would any reasonable minded person say such a thing," sheikh Munajid said.
    It was

Last August it was that he did originally say it.

first he was telling about evils of real mice then said cartoon characters of mice likes of jerry and mickey were beloved of our children which is unislamic then went on to utter his "decree"

I have the original broadcast on tape
    Last edited by doorster; 11-02-2008 at 03:24 AM.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Scholar Denies Mickey Mouse Death Fatwa