× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22 visibility 3252

Heart stops beating....

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Heart stops beating....

Report bad ads?

Bismillah!

I am not sure if this has been my nature since a kid or not, but i think I like that which i cannot get.

This time its not simple.
    A girl whom i have known to excist for one and half year know. We have never spoken other than her once asking me about a trip which was organized by the college. I have never made eye contact with her, I can't even look at her when shes around. I know shes around because i can feel that my heart has missed a few beats, then i have to hit it for it beat normally agian...... yes i think i am in love .

I try my best to fight that butterfly effect feeling! The harder i try, the deeper i sink. Since I knew of this girls existence, I had seen her in my dream not less than 30 times. Even in my dreams I do not have the courage to say Salam, or to introduce my self in a suitable way.

I feel this is controlling me! Since she is a pakistani sister, from what i know they tend to marry only to pakistani brothers. I am far of from being a pakistani. So now i am clueless of what to do! I do not want to get her attention because that is bad, even if i did its not going anywhere! I can't forget it because It is not within my control. My last option is waiting to go to university in a different city and then that way i will have to forget.

If u have no advice for this situation then i can fully understand, because i don't know anyone who has however i just felt like telling this to u, in the hope of feeling slightly relieved.

Heart stops beating....

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Heart stops beating....

wa alaykum us-Salaam
    omg, this is so cute

subhanallah...firstly, i commend you for avoiding her!!! keep it up and dont try to approach her unless it is done through the proper channels (i.e her mahrams)
    but i do think you should take it further, for sure...you never know. even if you get rejected, just try it! ask around about her. dont put yourself through this, when other legitimate options are available...i think its worth chasing up and seeing if you guys are suitable, maybe her family is different. you just don't know unless you try!
    dont do anything without the knowledge of her mahrams. be serious, and fear allah in regards to yourself and her.

either way, keep it halaal and give it a go
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 02-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Heart stops beating....

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^second
    Heart stops beating....

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

sevgi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ Third.

You really must try. But I assume you are too young now anyway. So just wait. Keep avoiding until you are ready to tell your parents etc.
    Heart stops beating....

"'Cause I hear the whispered words
    In your masterpiece beautiful
    You speak the unspeakable through
    I love you too"
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with everyone else.

Just to add, don't wait for too long, though, you may lose her to someone else if you do!
    Heart stops beating....

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon View Post
    I agree with everyone else.

Just to add, don't wait for too long, though, you may lose her to someone else if you do!
    Yes indeed.

Just the same, brother, don't wait too long for this girl or be blinded by her as you might be missing out on someone better or someone whose heart skips beats for you.
    Heart stops beating....

I love you too"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    subhanAllah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi View Post
    Yes indeed.

Just the same, brother, don't wait too long for this girl or be blinded by her as you might be missing out on someone better or someone whose heart skips beats for you.
    Oooh yes, that too!
    Heart stops beating....

alhamdullilah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi View Post
    Yes indeed.

lool, thanks for the replies everyone

I am in fact 20, some say to young others say its perfect. I think its about a good age.

Heart stops beating....

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    lool, thanks for the replies everyone

I am in fact 20, some say to young others say its perfect. I think its about a good age.

Well you aren't too young then. I don't know what you are like, but if suitable age was the only requirement to get married, then I'd suggest you get on up and speak to your parents about this pakistani sister.

If she rejects you, atleast the reality of it will allow you to move on.
    Heart stops beating....

I love you too"
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^yep, agreed

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    if you feel that your're ready, etc then don't worry too much what others have to say.

as i said, dont put yourself through this, you clearly have feelings for her...so just take the available options, inshallah.
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 02-13-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Heart stops beating....

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

Al Qalam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Feelings are physical reactions to thoughts that we have. When we control our thoughts, we control what we feel. Keep in mind that the feelings you are having for this young woman are really of your own making, because she does not have any "power" over you whatsoever. Only Allah has that kind of power over you. You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you. If a future marriage is impossible, then you are stressing yourself and your heart in the wrong direction. Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us. Ask Allah to help guide you through this. If you walk to Him, He will run to you.
    chat Quote

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if you dont ask and find out , you will never know, Someone else might beat you to it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qalam View Post
    Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us.
    not always...as long as you do what you can do to avoid it, then how is it a choice? the hearts are in the hands of Allah, the choice is up to us and whether or not we act upon those feelings

You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you.
    how so?
    We have never spoken other than her once asking me about a trip which was organized by the college. I have never made eye contact with her, I can't even look at her when shes around. I know shes around because i can feel that my heart has missed a few beats, then i have to hit it for it beat normally agian...... yes i think i am in love .

I try my best to fight that butterfly effect feeling! The harder i try, the deeper i sink.
    Heart stops beating....

chat Quote

AnonyMouse~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa'alaikumasalam

I am also paki so i knw what its like..my parents wudnt allow it for sure but actually nowadays a lot of paki families tend to be a little more lenient with that. I have some paki friends that are allowed to marry arabs or whatever they want. So you should try, even if u get rejected, at least you won't regret not trying later. :P
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

BarakAllahu feekum for All those who provided their support

Heart stops beating....

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Qalam View Post
    Feelings are physical reactions to thoughts that we have. When we control our thoughts, we control what we feel. Keep in mind that the feelings you are having for this young woman are really of your own making, because she does not have any "power" over you whatsoever. Only Allah has that kind of power over you. You have made a clear, conscious choice to feel this way about her, and it is within your capacity to change this feeling to something more manageable for you. If a future marriage is impossible, then you are stressing yourself and your heart in the wrong direction. Remember that love is choice we make, not a force that overcomes us. Ask Allah to help guide you through this. If you walk to Him, He will run to you.
    Sorry, I don't think love is something we consciously make ourselves do.
    I thought it was in a hadith, where the Prophet (SAW) was making duah of how he was trying to treat all his wives equally, but requesting the forgiveness of Allah for the matter out of his hands (i.e. his love for Aisha (RA)) Correct me if I'm wrong, I'll try and find the hadith insha'allah, bu seriously, one cannot control love. You can control your actions etc, but not always your emotions....
    To the original poster, i hope all goes well for you insha'allah!
    Heart stops beating....

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

alcurad's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^true, at least try and talk to her, her parents and so on..
    Heart stops beating....

” إن الأمة التي تحسن صناعة الموت توهب لها الحياة”

正直・・・微妙
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ no not her.

her wali's

btw bro, is she pious (covered/decent good islamic character etc)? if not forget her imho, think of it as a great fitnah.

do the right thing. THE RIGHT THING!!

assalamu alaikum
    Heart stops beating....

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with everyone else. Don't worry about her ethnicity. I'm pakistani and my mum wanted me to marry an arab bro she knew of. Bismillah go for it... : )
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    nazam786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother did you heart really skip some beats

Look around maybe there is some out there whose heart skips a beat for you.

Firstly you should find out what type of girl she is? You have found the beauty from the outside now try to find the beauty from the inside

If i were the same situation. first thing that would matter to me is the beauty from the inside. And a girl that is covered up not reveiling her seld example she wears a scarfs. I would prefer a girls hair covered up rather that being lose.

I have this thing for girls in scarfs
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Heart stops beating.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Heart stops beating....