× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 36 visibility 5599

i dont get it about music

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

why is music haram?
    everything haram is usually bad for us but i never got why music is shaitans handiwork.

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sarajulldin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: i dont get it about music

Have a quick read here and it will explain all.....

http://www.geocities.com/kkhaan/musicharam.html
    chat Quote

Hayaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    I ♥ الله‎
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    why is music haram?
    everything haram is usually bad for us but i never got why music is shaitans handiwork.

Read Slippery Stone by Khalid Baig. It's a really wonderful, informative, and thorough book and it cleared up alot of things for me regarding music, and hopefully it will answer your questions, too.

لا اله الا الــلـــه

chat Quote

Muslimlearner's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is hadhees ,which prohibit the musical instruments,but so many ppl neglect it..

The popularity of the musik is one of the sins of the Last Days.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    BlackMamba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can never fully accept that music is haram until you have experienced the sweetness of the Quran. (I think thats a quote from someone). That is such a true statement though. Like up until I was about 14, I used to listen to music and I was not really familiar with the Quran. I had no real love for the Quran at that time.

But when I started reading the Quran a lot and became very familiar with it, I started to love the Quran and would listen to it all the time. At that time, music became annoying for my ear to listen to. I was totally disinterested in music, whenever someone next to me was listening to it I felt like shutting it off right away.

So my advice would be to become obsessed with the Quran, find a reciter that you really like and listen as much as you can. Inshallah music will not interest you once experience Quran more.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka' View Post
    The popularity of the musik is one of the sins of the Last Days.
    How do you square this with the fact that music has been popular for thousands of years?

Peace
    chat Quote

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is so true, Once you get deep into Quraan u just cant love music, n its the same with Music, when u keep loving it Quraan will keep drifting away.

Ive been there both ways, its true.

Anonymous account
    chat Quote

paradise88's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So true once u get in to islam and the Quran and listening to it, it drifts u away from music. If i here music and it gets stuck in my head it annoys me i do much to get it out. Imagine trying to pray with a song stuck in ur head? whereas if u listen to quran recitation and not music etc u just feel peacefull praying. Im not saying it applies to everyone but i noticed recitations of surahs stick to my head. We can learn song lyrics easily but not memorise the holy book!

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT
    chat Quote

Xiaus's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson View Post
    Greetings,

How do you square this with the fact that music has been popular for thousands of years?

Peace
    Well, shoot me if I'm wrong but I hazard that the popularity of music that we're talking about is one that outstrips that of the Qur'an. And before you pragmatically suggest that it IS more popular due to the amount of Muslims in comparison to the amount of music enthusiasts in this world, I meant that it's when the lyrics of Lady Gaga -ugh - invoke more joy, happiness and contentment than the glorious words of the Qur'an. And that's when we have a problem.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15 View Post
    You can never fully accept that music is haram until you have experienced the sweetness of the Quran. (I think thats a quote from someone).
    The quote might be from Sheikh Yasir Qadhi?
    It is impossible to expect someone to understand why music is haram when s/he has not experienced the sweetness of the Quran. ~ Yasir Qadhi
    I think we ought to get our terminology right in discussions like this, though. Perhaps music as a term is too vague. Musical instruments is more specific and that is what we really mean.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

M..x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

okay let me tell you my own eprsonal story... I LOVED musik, when I mean love, its lie sumet I have always faut to leave and after watching this...

www.arrivals.technocrazed.com

Alhamdiullah I'm free from tha crap it encourages and tha sin i got ery single day.. =) I hope it has tha same effect on you. P.S Spread tha knowledge and reccomend this to eryone!!!!!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Xiaus View Post
    Well, shoot me if I'm wrong
    I don't propose to shoot anybody. Especially not newcomers to the forum.

but I hazard that the popularity of music that we're talking about is one that outstrips that of the Qur'an. And before you pragmatically suggest that it IS more popular due to the amount of Muslims in comparison to the amount of music enthusiasts in this world, I meant that it's when the lyrics of Lady Gaga -ugh - invoke more joy, happiness and contentment than the glorious words of the Qur'an. And that's when we have a problem.
    Wrong. The hadith in question, as I have been led to understand it, forbids musical instruments full stop. That means not just the outpourings of Lady Gaga (who I have had the good fortune to avoid hearing so far), but the works of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Stravinsky, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Fela Kuti, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Ali Farka Toure and just about every other major musician in history.

You mention lyrics, and while they may be forbidden for other reasons in Islam (immorality etc.), the Islamic prohibition on music is more concerned with instruments. After several years of discussing this question with Muslims, I've come to the conclusion that nobody really knows why.

Peace
    chat Quote

Tony's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Music was my hardest thing to give up when I embraced Islam, I lived for it and felt I could never do without it, even now I only have to think of a song and my mood changes, I get cravings for stuff thats haraam and its so hard at times. Took me a long time to fully let go but Alhamdulillah I feel my life is clearer without constant influence of music, images and lyrics. Still miss it like you would not believe but its not so much of a sacrifice when theres so much worse in the world. Subhan Allah

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've come to the conclusion that nobody really knows why.
    I'd say that's accurate. We can only really speculate as to what the reason for the prohibition is but the reason is not mentioned in the Qur'an or in the authentic ahadith that I know of.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    why is music haram?
    Sometimes, for something to be forbidden, it doesn't have to be pure evil. It is sufficient reason that the resulting harm will be greater than any benefit. Take alcohol for example - in the Qur'an, Allaah (swt) says (interpretation of the meaning):

They ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." [2:219]

After several years of discussing this question with Muslims, I've come to the conclusion that nobody really knows why.
    I don't think that's true. First and foremost, we avoid music as an act of obedience to what Allaah (swt) and His Final Messenger (peace be upon him) have commanded. This is the bottom line, and it's very simple. Beyond this, there are many wisdoms that have been suggested as reasons for why musical instruments are forbidden. If someone doesn't agree or understand them, it doesn't detract from the fact that wisdom exists behind the prohibition, and thus one is simply to trust the wisdom of Allaah (swt) and obey Him in whatever He has decreed.

Peace.

chat Quote

Muslimlearner's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Peace
    And the Satan is created even before men.
    Music is the voice of Shaitaan:it makes you forget Allah SUT and the purpose of life...
    Touches your heart and then Shaitaan manipulates you...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post

Sometimes, for something to be forbidden, it doesn't have to be pure evil. It is sufficient reason that the resulting harm will be greater than any benefit.
    What about the fact that many studies have found that kids who study music do better at school?

See here, here or here.

Or is education less important than uninterrupted devotion to Allah?

I don't think that's true. First and foremost, we avoid music as an act of obedience to what Allaah (swt) and His Final Messenger (peace be upon him) have commanded. This is the bottom line, and it's very simple. Beyond this, there are many wisdoms that have been suggested as reasons for why musical instruments are forbidden. If someone doesn't agree or understand them, it doesn't detract from the fact that wisdom exists behind the prohibition, and thus one is simply to trust the wisdom of Allaah (swt) and obey Him in whatever He has decreed.
    You're telling me it's forbidden because it's forbidden. I'm talking about why Allah would have forbidden it - I don't think anybody knows.

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka' View Post
    And the Satan is created even before men.
    Music is the voice of Shaitaan:it makes you forget Allah SUT and the purpose of life...
    Touches your heart and then Shaitaan manipulates you...
    Umm, what?

What does that have to do with the Last Days?

Peace
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For me its about it leading to haraam stuff, and this is pretty much why its frowned upon, you still get music on things, Islam channel for instance, but its more to do with sexual misconduct, drugs etc and that it detracts from focusing on Allah, it also alters mood and therefore causes harm to the soul. I feel personally that hard as it was to give up, it was right for me. Even writing this I feel tempted to run off into groups/singers I loved, so it really is a destraction from Islam. Hope this gives an idea ofwhy its not good for muslims. Peace

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Islamic belief
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Umm, what?

What does that have to do with the Last Days?

Peace
    Muhammad(pbuh) said that a sign of the end of times will be the rising popularity in female singers and musicians, maybe this is what is being referred to but Im not sure.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! i dont get it about music Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. i dont get it about music