× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 78 visibility 9858

Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage

markislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage

Report bad ads?

Asalam valekum brothers and sisters.

I have been married for almost more than 4 years now. and i have a daughter from our marriage.

I live in a western country and my wife is a strict christian when i say strict she wont waiver in her faith. I recently accepted Islam just a few days back.

I have this problem where i don't have connection with her and also not physically attracted to her, we don't have any intimacy in our marriage, just two people living under a roof. I do love my wife and care for her but i dont have that intimacy as a muslim brother i take care of them. Before i was a muslim i gaze used to fall on so many girls but i never had any relationship as such outside of marriage.

My wife wants to have more kids but i don't want to have any more as i dont know how long our marriage will last. I am so depressed now a days thinking of all this. .

Also i want to raise my family in a islamic way, i never told my wife about islam but i know for sure she wont let me.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    touba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage

format_quote Originally Posted by markislam View Post
    Asalam valekum brothers and sisters.

I have been married for almost more than 4 years now. and i have a daughter from our marriage.

I live in a western country and my wife is a strict christian when i say strict she wont waiver in her faith. I recently accepted Islam just a few days back.

I have this problem where i don't have connection with her and also not physically attracted to her, we don't have any intimacy in our marriage, just two people living under a roof. I do love my wife and care for her but i dont have that intimacy as a muslim brother i take care of them. Before i was a muslim i gaze used to fall on so many girls but i never had any relationship as such outside of marriage.

My wife wants to have more kids but i don't want to have any more as i dont know how long our marriage will last. I am so depressed now a days thinking of all this. .

Also i want to raise my family in a islamic way, i never told my wife about islam but i know for sure she wont let me.
    Wa alaikoum assalam brother

First try to convince her about to become a muslim if she refuse ,you have to divorce her and get marry with a muslim girl because it will be haram for you to live wth a christian wife and i hope this helpyou inshallah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Have you tried talking to her about Islaam, generally?
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by touba View Post
    Wa alaikoum assalam brother

...it will be haram for you to live wth a christian wife

Well , it's allowed in Islam for a Muslim man to marry a Jewish or Christan lady ; but kids must be raised as Muslims.

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I recently accepted Islam just a few days back.
    Welcome to Islam bro , may Allah bless you

we don't have any intimacy in our marriage, just two people living under a roof.
    talk to your wife and take a decision . Don't sit idle like this . If u don't want to continue your marriage with her , tell her . But what's the problem with her ? She is a Christian and she will raise your kid as a Chrisitan ?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

from what i understand the intimacy issues arent because you accepted islam but because of other reasons? IF so and you believe divorcing her would be better for her and you in the long run then...?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes the intimacy issues are because of other reasons, i never told my wife about my conversion to Islam either, there will be a big hell in the house and family if they come to know this, so want to keep this a secret for some time and mean while grow more in Islam

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    from what i understand the intimacy issues arent because you accepted islam but because of other reasons? IF so and you believe divorcing her would be better for her and you in the long run then...?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

she is a christian and will raise her as a christian. the problem is i dont have any intimacy with her or feel connected.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

Welcome to Islam bro , may Allah bless you

talk to your wife and take a decision . Don't sit idle like this . If u don't want to continue your marriage with her , tell her . But what's the problem with her ? She is a Christian and she will raise your kid as a Chrisitan ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why did you marry her?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i believe you lost attraction to your wife when you started gazing at other women.....now that your a muslim lower your gaze and you'll be suprised how beautiful your wife will become

forget the talk about divorce....if you have kids stay with your kids
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Family issues are so complicated i cant just divorce when i have a kid at the same time i have to follow what Islam says don't know what to do. i think some times to run away from all this and go to a mountain and live alone.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you have to show her to islam now and you can't just say she won't accept it without showing her islam only Allah knows.

if you love her, you have to be patient. it takes time! it dosent happen over night.

can i also say that telling everybody on this forum or wherever you might be that your marriage won't last is very hateful in the sight of Allah

it don't matter what religion she is! you are married to her weather you are revert or not.. you have a duty to her. she is the mother of your child

divorce is not good at all.. Allah dislikes it especially when theres kids involved.pray to Allah and have patience

everybody deserves to be happy and i understand your situation but if after showing her islam and she rejects it constantly then i would suggest you seek advice from a qaulified scholar about your situation. people here are not qualified and your only new to islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I never was attracted to my wife in the first place but got married due to family pressure.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    i believe you lost attraction to your wife when you started gazing at other women.....now that your a muslim lower your gaze and you'll be suprised how beautiful your wife will become

forget the talk about divorce....if you have kids stay with your kids
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i never was attracted to my wife in the first place but got married due to family and some personal issues.
    thats tough one brother...im sure you find in her something that is attractive...you've stayed with her this long
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

most of the time people stick in marriage just because of family or a kid, culture but end up having a miserable lives and i don't want that to happen with me.

I know people who try to avoid their wives as much possible and spend all their time at work or work in a far away place. is that what is life is about.

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post
    you have to show her to islam now and you can't just say she won't accept it without showing her islam only Allah knows.

if you love her, you have to be patient. it takes time! it dosent happen over night.

can i also say that telling everybody on this forum or wherever you might be that your marriage won't last is very hateful in the sight of Allah

it don't matter what religion she is! you are married to her weather you are revert or not.. you have a duty to her. she is the mother of your child

divorce is not good at all.. Allah dislikes it especially when theres kids involved.pray to Allah and have patience

everybody deserves to be happy and i understand your situation but if after showing her islam and she rejects it constantly then i would suggest you seek advice from a qaulified scholar about your situation. people here are not qualified and your only new to islam.
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

she is a christian and will raise her as a christian. the problem is i dont have any intimacy with her or feel connected.
    Mark, it sounds to me like you have general marital problems, and possibly have had for some time.

I feel that your conversion to Islam is not the first and foremost issue here.
    Search your heart and be honest with yourself, not to use the fact that you have converted to Islam and your wife won't as an excuse for a separation/divorce.
    Be sure not to use your conversion to Islam as a means to create a greater rift between you and your wife.

Whatever has happened between you two, she is your wife and you made her a promise. Give her respect and talk to her honestly. Please.
    If you want a separation, then tell her how you feel about her. Don't just say 'Now I am a Muslim I cannot be married to you ...'. Tell her the truth!

It won't be easy, but sometimes doing the right thing isn't easy.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes iam going to talk to my wife she is in college now so i will wait till next year till she is finished.

It is not going to be easy i don't think i will ever tell her about my new faith. but i will talk to her.

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Mark, it sounds to me like you have general marital problems, and possibly have had for some time.

I feel that your conversion to Islam is not the first and foremost issue here.
    Search your heart and be honest with yourself, not to use the fact that you have converted to Islam and your wife won't as an excuse for a separation/divorce.
    Be sure not to use your conversion to Islam as a means to create a greater rift between you and your wife.

Whatever has happened between you two, she is your wife and you made her a promise. Give her respect and talk to her honestly. Please.
    If you want a separation, then tell her how you feel about her. Don't just say 'Now I am a Muslim I cannot be married to you ...'. Tell her the truth!

It won't be easy, but sometimes doing the right thing isn't easy.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by markislam; 08-17-2009 at 03:13 PM.
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

most of the time people stick in marriage just because of family or a kid, culture but end up having a miserable lives and i don't want that to happen with me.

I know people who try to avoid their wives as much possible and spend all their time at work or work in a far away place. is that what is life is about.
    a bit of counceling would not do any harm.some people are just selfish and don't want to make the effort. i don't see what the problem is if you love somebody how can you just go distant from each other unless your not actually in love anymore then it would be understandable
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother I think you should tell her about you being muslim, its not something you should be hiding from your wife. Don't make it seem like you're gonna convert her just fill her in on how and why you turned to islam. That way atleast you won't be hiding things and looking suspicious
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother it is easier said than done, all my family is christians no one ever came to islam in our family. They all treat me as a very good christian, my in laws always boast about me being a great christian to others, little do they know of what i am now

i am still learning about islam taking the baby steps.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Needed some advice for this newly converted brother in marriage