Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Girlfriend really haram?

Report bad ads?

Salaam brothers and sisters,

I know this question has been asked numerous times but I have yet to get a straight answer. I am in high school now and there is this really beautiful girl in my class. I really like her. IDK what religion she is but i think she is a non practicing Christian. I would never commit adultery and neither would she because of her moral and character. I really would like to ask her out, but i will not if it opposes Allah's rules. I pray 5 times a day, and I fast, so I consider myself a good Muslim. My cousins who live in France and Spain all have girlfriends but we all make our own decisions. So will I be commiting a haram act by asking this girl out. Believe me, there is no way any of us would commit adultery.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Girlfriend really haram?

Salaam. Just by looking at this girl you are commiting sin and disobeying Allah SWT

In a hadith narrated by Imam Bukhari (RA), Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) has said, "a Lustful glance is the fornication/adultery of the eyes." (Bukhari vol. 2 pg. 923)

In another hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) is reported to have said, "May the curse of Allah be on the one who looks lustfully and on the one who is looked at with lust." (Mishkaat, Book of Nikah, Chapter on looking at a woman for proposal)

In the Quran. Allah says, "Say (O Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) to the believers that they should lover their gazes." This verse refers to looking at non-mahrams (a person with whom one is permitted to marry)

Allah says, "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gazes" (Surah An-Noor)
    chat Quote

ahmed_indian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Ya Allah...martyrdom
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “whenever two strangers of the opposite gender are alone with each other, Satan becomes the third one between them.” (At-Tirmidhi)”

brother, we dont know when death can come. will we like to pass to Allah while with a girl alone who is not his wife?

wht if u start developing love for her or she for u? will it not complicate life? i know many heart breaks in this situation.....first just simple friendship and then pain!

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545452
    chat Quote

GreyKode's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by samyize View Post

I would never commit adultery and neither would she because of her moral and character.
    Brother, I wouldn't count on that,trust me, the only way to defend yourself is to follow the prophetic teaching, I sincerely advise you to think about it, remember, a lot of people a lot stronger than you have fallen.
    Youre still clean now, think it out before it's too late.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Najm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know this question has been asked numerous timesbut I have yet to get a straight answer. I am in high school now and there is this really beautiful girl in my class. I really like her. IDK what religion she is but i think she is a non practicing Christian. I would never commit adultery and neither would she because of her moral and character. I really would like to ask her out, but i will not if it opposes Allah's rules. I pray 5 times a day, and I fast, so I consider myself a good Muslim. My cousins who live in France and Spain all have girlfriends but we all make our own decisions. So will I be commiting a haram act by asking this girl out. Believe me, there is no way any of us would commit adultery.
    AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well the answer is NO.

Also, we do not follow what muslims do, but we follow the pure teachings of Islam and the Sunnah of Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam).

FiAmaaniAllah
    Girlfriend really haram?

LI Member
    chat Quote

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The answer is no bro.. i know its hard but you have to be brave and control your desires

edit: just to clarify no refers to having a gf.it is indeed haram
    Last edited by zakirs; 09-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Girlfriend really haram?

______

chat Quote

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Have u ever read the story of Burseerah?

Shoulda woulda coulda are the last words of a fool, don't become one & tell urself nothing can go wrong, between a girl that u are so attracted to n have become fond of! Obviously the fact that ur in the same class wasn't enuff for u...ur persuing more?...have u truly deeply asked urself why? Smell the coffee... already?
    Girlfriend really haram?

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

chat Quote

true believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes...yes it is
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salams...

this make me remember akhee al-habeshi post

I remind you to be careful, whom so ever you are, of mixing too much with the opposite gender. No matter how much a person who does not hold Islamic values tells you it is ok. Do not think so. I recall a brother whom I knew from before my days as a Muslim. He never felt the need for building such a barrier, yet one day he informed us of his despair, due to fornication which had befallen him. Allah’s help is sought, be careful!
    Girlfriend really haram?

heart 1 - Girlfriend really haram?

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    samyize's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I guess I'll have to listen to you guys and forget about her. Its gonna be hard though, she sits next to me in all of our classes. And like I said she is stunning. May Allah be with me, and with you as well for helping me get a straight answer. Thank You. Salaam.
    chat Quote

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I guess I'll have to listen to you guys and forget about her. Its gonna be hard though, she sits next to me in all of our classes. And like I said she is stunning. May Allah be with me, and with you as well for helping me get a straight answer. Thank You. Salaam.
    May allah help your will stay strong
    Girlfriend really haram?

______

chat Quote

ژاله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^Thats great mashAllah. may Allah reward you amply for that. but cant you avoid sitting next to her everyday? why make your life difficult?
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

whoah whoah whoah !!!!

that is DEFINITLY gnna b hard!

you gotta STOP sitting next to her

Allah will be with you but even the most pious God fearing people kept DISTANCE from the seductive ones! YOU DO THE SAME TOO!!!

gaze down all the time - mind on the class not the lass

OK !
    Girlfriend really haram?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that was so cute and innocent when you said its going to be hard 2 forget about her but gave me the giggles when you said you have to sit beside her haha poor guy. It will not be possible. It wont be easy how you think! Sit somewhere else little bro and inshallaah it will be easier then.
    Girlfriend really haram?

ae8iug 1 - Girlfriend really haram?

wwwislamicboardcom - Girlfriend really haram?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Beautiful girls are nothing but trouble bro. Unless you're married.

It's tough - but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Believe me..if you start hanging out with her..you're resolve will start to weaken. Prevention is easier than a cure.

Time will help with the forgetting part. It does that.

Be a man and stay away - prove to yourself that you're strong enough to control your emotions and show your Lord that you're worthy of the reward of Paradise.

May Allaah make it easy on you and us.
    Girlfriend really haram?

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik View Post

HTML Code:
    Beautiful girls are nothing but trouble bro
    All girls are, not just the beautiful ones

HTML Code:
    prove to yourself that you're strong enough to control your emotions and show your Lord that you're worthy of the reward of Paradise.
    This is in essence the road to Jannah but in practical terms the most difficult thing to do. Those who can control their emotions, a welcome from their Lord awaits them at the time of their death. Surah Wakaih will testify to that.

HTML Code:
    May Allaah make it easy on you and us.
    Aameen

Girlfriend really haram?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:statisfie
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode View Post
    Brother, I wouldn't count on that,trust me, the only way to defend yourself is to follow the prophetic teaching, I sincerely advise you to think about it, remember, a lot of people a lot stronger than you have fallen.
    Youre still clean now, think it out before it's too late.
    Brother

Very well said. No one, not even the pious ones, should be so sure about themselves when it comes to committing adultery. Given all the circumstances of ease and freedom and willingness on the part of each partner this sin is bound to take place. And I fully endorse your view. Only by following and implementing the word of Quran and teaching of Rasul Allah s.a.w we can avoid this sin.
    May Allah's peace and blessings be upon Hafizoona Farujahum Wa Hafeezaat.Aameen
    Girlfriend really haram?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:statisfie
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

. Believe me, there is no way any of us would commit adultery.
    How do u know ? Don't give Satan any chance to provoke u .
    Allah warned us in Quran that : Don't come near to adultery .

If u 2 start going out regularly , chances are high that that will lead u 2 to commit the major sin.

Why on earth , u need to spend time with opposite sex closely ? Try to make friendship with pious persons of same sex . Try to use the blessed month in pleasing Allah .

May Allah bless you.
    Girlfriend really haram?

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is how I look at it:
    Girlfriend > Lust > Sin

What is your purpose for a girlfriend? Why do people marry? To satisfy their internal desires. Really, that's the main reason, right? And it's a given and known fact that pre-marital relations is not halaal. Thus, girlfriend is really Haraam.

Hope that made sense! May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you, and us all.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know this question has been asked numerous times but I have yet to get a straight answer. I am in high school now and there is this really beautiful girl in my class. I really like her. IDK what religion she is but i think she is a non practicing Christian. I would never commit adultery and neither would she because of her moral and character. I really would like to ask her out, but i will not if it opposes Allah's rules. I pray 5 times a day, and I fast, so I consider myself a good Muslim. My cousins who live in France and Spain all have girlfriends but we all make our own decisions. So will I be commiting a haram act by asking this girl out. Believe me, there is no way any of us would commit adultery.
    You want a straight,honest answer,I'll give it to you.

You're in high school and you have time to think about hanging out with a kufi girl. And you call your self a good Muslim. Do you know a definition of a Muslim?
    Well, let me inform you. A Muslim is someone who submits himself to the will of God.You do whatever God wants of you. Try your best to. You are thinking with your gutts rather than your brain.

Sorry, have you even read the Qur'an?
    Do you know that you're not permitted to take kufis as friends?

Allah has given you sight, hearing so you watch to what you say and act and not to wonder of into space about some Christian girl. You think that just because you pray you're saved. We're not Christians. Do you even know if your prayers are accepted?

How old are you kid?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Girlfriend really haram? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Girlfriend really haram?