star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Shall I land him Money???

Report bad ads?

Dear brothers and sisters one of my work collegue(muslim) is asking me for landing him some money which he is going to use either to buy a house(in UK) or use it for a loan which is not Halal.

my qustion is what I should do now? Land him money or say No I cant.jazakallahu khairan
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Shall I land him Money???

Say no you can't. It is not your responsibility if he uses the money for non-halal purposes (since he didn't say and you don't know for sure, otherwise if you do, you MUST deny him), but if you don't know what he's using it for and suspect he doesn't care about non-halal loan, then you don't know him that well. I don't think you should lend an amount so large to someone you don't know that well. He might either reneg on the debt and leave you in disappointment and frustration, or will be a burden on him to repay to you and be under pressure for a long time till he does. Debts need to manageable, and that seems too much money for someone you're not that close to and/or you don't know that well.

Personal opinion only of course.

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

wwwislamicboardcom - Shall I land him Money???
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If he's buying a house and you do loan him any money, make sure you both sign a contract otherwise he has no legal or islamic obligation to pay you back nor any legal reason to use that money on purchasing of said house. And if he doesn't, you can't do jack (islamically or legally) as there is no contract.

Alternatively, you could give him the money as a gift (which is allowed Islamically).

If, however, you think this money will go to haram cause, then you are under no obligation to loan him any money at all (In such case, I'd recommend you don't loan him the money due to moral hazzard). Simple as.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 11-04-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

zakirs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Servant of god
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam ,

If you know he is using for halal purposes and you are sure he can give it back to you .. lend him.

or else you can gently reject.Remember helping those in need is also a good cause

______

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    tresbien's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

before u lend him money, u should make sure he does not spend them on haram.moreover he give u a signed writing paper along with two witnesses , that he she takes from such an amount.All of u sisters should do it.Do not be attracted by nice words and appearance
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Shall I land him Money??? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Shall I land him Money???