× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 14 of 14 visibility 2172

Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)

brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I didn't see a thread about this.

http://muslimmatters.org/2009/11/16/...tters+Posts%29

It's a sign of the times.

Inna lillaahi wa innan ilayhi raaji'oon.

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

~ 'Abdullāh bin al-Mubārak (rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)

May Allah forgive him and raise his status in Jannah, and give us all patience for the loss of another icon of ilm and knowledge.
    Ameen.

'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people turn to ignorant as their leaders; then they are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray. (Sahih Muslim)

Muhammad al-Baqir said, "I swear that Iblis rejoices more at the death of 1 scholar than he does for 1000 worshipers"

"I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge."

chat Quote

noorseeker's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Innalillahi wa innalillahi rajioon
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inna lillaahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun

i like darul iftaa...

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

rose4 1 - Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    It's a sign of the times.
    If I may ask, what do you mean with that?
    chat Quote

Ummu Sufyaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    is in need of dua
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ouch people like that are sorely missed...it is so saddening that such beacons are taken away
    May Allah forgive him and raise his status in Jannah, and give us all patience for the loss of another icon of ilm and knowledge.
    ameen
    Last edited by Ummu Sufyaan; 11-19-2009 at 05:09 AM.

...desperate for husnul-khitaam...

please make dua that Allah grants me a good end (to my life). please make dua that Allah guides me.

chat Quote

transition?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To Him I return
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

wwwislamicboardcom - Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)
    chat Quote

The_Prince's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Mars, where they located the ice, it was my freezer where i keep the fish
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

believe it or not some 'orthodox' followers wont be that sad about this because they dont like his brother and his aqeedah!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    LI News Service
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings KAding,

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    If I may ask, what do you mean with that?
    It is from the minor signs of the last hour that knowledge will be taken away from us. See these ahadeeth:
    Anas ibn Malik said, "I shall tell you a hadith which I heard from the Messenger of Allah, and which no-one will tell you after me. I heard him say, 'Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent and the drinking of wine will be common. The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be fifty women to be looked after by one man.' " This hadith was reported in the two Sahihs from the hadith of 'Abd Rabbihi.

'Abdullah said, "The Prophet said, 'Just before the Hour, there will be days in which knowledge will disappear and ignorance will appear, and there will be much killing.' " [Ibn Majah; also narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim, from the hadith of al-A'mash]
    How will this knowledge be taken from us? Through the death of our learned scholars. See this hadeeth:
    'Abdullah b. 'Amr b. al-'As reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah does not take away knowledge by snatching it from the people but He takes away knowledge by taking away the scholars, so that when He leaves no learned person, people turn to ignorant as their leaders; then they are asked to deliver religious verdicts and they deliver them without knowledge, they go astray, and lead others astray. (Sahih Muslim)

chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun!

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

may Allah grant him the highest place in jannah Ameen.

Allah will grant knowledge to those people who want to learn but not to those who are ignorant and not willing to learn.

so therefore i am not worried whether its the sign of the times or not its the fact that there is so much ignorance that is increasing, people believing that they already know everything when they clearly don't. thats what i'm seeing.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and protect us from the ignorant people also Ameen.

ae8iug 1 - Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)

chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān View Post
    Greetings KAding,

It is from the minor signs of the last hour that knowledge will be taken away from us. See these ahadeeth:
    Anas ibn Malik said, "I shall tell you a hadith which I heard from the Messenger of Allah, and which no-one will tell you after me. I heard him say, 'Among the signs of the Hour will be the disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance. Adultery will be prevalent and the drinking of wine will be common. The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be fifty women to be looked after by one man.' " This hadith was reported in the two Sahihs from the hadith of 'Abd Rabbihi.

'Abdullah said, "The Prophet said, 'Just before the Hour, there will be days in which knowledge will disappear and ignorance will appear, and there will be much killing.' " [Ibn Majah; also narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim, from the hadith of al-A'mash]
    How will this knowledge be taken from us? Through the death of our learned scholars. See this hadeeth:
    Still a bit confused though. Surely scholars dying at one point or another isn't anything new ? They are human beings after all?

What makes you think there will not be new scholars to replace him? After all, the number of people studying to become Islamic scholars is still high I suppose? In fact, aren't there more people studying Islam now than ever before?
    chat Quote

Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ The death of scholars at a faster rate while failing to find good students to learn from them. Direct instruction, direction, and correction is crucial in proper tutelage, books are insufficient. Islamic scholars used to have thousands of students attend the lectures in every city. Today the greatest scholars have only a few dozen students, many of which drop out because modern life pressures are too much for them to dedicate all their time to studying Islam anymore.

Additionally the corrupt governments replace heads of universities with puppet ignorants (Egypt's Tantawy sitting on Al-Azhar's leadership as a case in point), allowing for ignorance to spread, and proper scholars having lesser resources to research and teach.

People studying Islam today are increasing yes, but studying basics of Islam, good for their daily lives as you see on this forum. Scholars as in dedicated Islamic academics who memorized the entire Quran and several of the Hadith books, analyzed them extensively, learned the scientific principals of Sunnah and Fiqh and Shariah, and studied thousands of academic papers and therefore can make appropriate guiding studies themselves and can teach newer scholars proper jurisprudence and faith; those are dwindling in numbers.

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

chat Quote

18. Hide
Hey there! Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sh. Mohammad Sulayman Al-Ashqar Passes Away (Rahimahullah)