star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I humble request from the UK

Report bad ads?

Hello to all, My real name is Steve, it is my intention to revert to Islam on the 15th of july 2010, which I know is a long time away but this is a decision that I am taking very seriously.
    I am a Catholic via birth and given the amount of bad press muslims get in my country my decision will upset a few people close to me, I came to my decision some months ago and ive decided to give it a year to get my folks used to the idea and to seek knowledge to reaffirm my decision.

I have read much but know very little, most of my reading has been of the Holy Quran and the Hadiths (English translations), I know very little of the social graces.

What I am hoping to find on this site is a few close new friends who are wise in Islam and the world who I can be open, frank and enquiring with and ofcourse to learn from.
    I do not know if anyone would be willing to offer the above but my humble request is put before you.

The 15th of July is the date I have chosen as it is my birthday, a day I can never forget.

I look forward to hearing from you and offer my warmest regards.

Steve.

2. Report bad ads?
    Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I humble request from the UK

Welcome steve, im sure you will find a lot friends in here who can be wise to you, by the way which name have you chosen for yourself after reverting?

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)

abu_musab461's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace be to you,

Congrats on your decision to open heartly enter islam in the near future, im honestly- from my heart so pleased that Allah (swt) guided you to this decision.

Wow i know its a life changing decision and its not something that can be rushed, but what i also know is that you never know when you will die.

I dont know for definate so im guessing when you say July you mean you will openly tell people that you have entered islam.

The truth is my friend you may already be muslim

If you believe that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah (swt) and Muhammed (pbuh) to be His last and final messenger- then frankly your almost a muslim.

The only thing missing is you saying these words out loud!

That can even be to your self, you dont need to have witnesses.

My advice at this stage- if you are convinced about islam, then openly say the words of Testification out loudly so that you will enter the fold of Islam because once you have said those words sincerely then in the Sight of Allah (swt) you are muslim and all your past sins are forgiven.

So dont wait till July to become muslim you can become muslim now! :-)

And then you can formally become muslim in front of witnesses in July if you like

"Ash hadoo anLa ila ha ill Allah wa ash hadoo an na muhmammad an abdo ho wa rasoolo"
    (I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah (swt) and Muhammed is His slave and messenger)
    Last edited by abu_musab461; 12-22-2009 at 08:53 PM.

IT solutions company based in Luton providing computer support and repair service to small business and home users in Luton and surrounding areas.

www.techresolve.co.uk

http://ruqyah.org/

Seeking-soul's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh View Post
    Welcome steve, im sure you will find a lot friends in here who can be wise to you, by the way which name have you chosen for yourself after reverting?
    That is a difficult decision, I am trying to find names that are both acceptable to Islam but as close to English names as possible to make it less alien for my mother, I am very happy to take any and all suggestions, but my main area I am looking at is Islamic versions of the Biblical prophets as my mother is a life long Catholic.
    If not for my Mum I would have converted months ago, im 33 way beyond the age to be worried about these things but I love my mum and I have to do as best as I can by her.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Islam encourages us to look after our mothers and treat them well and reminds us that Paradise is next to feet of our mothers, which means that Paradise can be attained by looking after our paretns so islam caters for the natural dispostiion of people.

IT solutions company based in Luton providing computer support and repair service to small business and home users in Luton and surrounding areas.

www.techresolve.co.uk

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aboard Steve.. sob7an Allah we have another br. Steve here who was a former atheist.. we'll all be here for you to answer questions you may have but also Insha'Allah, you'll be able to meet with some brothers offline who will help you with your journey ...

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - I humble request from the UK

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[PIE]WELCOME!!![/PIE]

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

assalamualaikum

welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam As a revert myself I still get amazed when others accept the way of life so true and natural to the human race. May Allah guide you and keep you full of faith and strength on your journey towards true Islam.ameen.

As for your name, this is something only necessary when your name has a bad meaning. I feel you are right to study Quraan and hadith in depth, this is far far more important.

Welcome again brother. I look forward to your posts.

rose4 1 - I humble request from the UK

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    aboard Steve.. sob7an Allah we have another br. Steve here who was a former atheist.. we'll all be here for you to answer questions you may have but also Insha'Allah, you'll be able to meet with some brothers offline who will help you with your journey ...
    Is Steven acceptable, I looked up its meanings but was unsure,

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461 View Post
    Peace be to you,

Congrats on your decision to open heartly enter islam in the near future, im honestly- from my heart so pleased that Allah (swt) guided you to this decision.

Wow i know its a life changing decision and its not something that can be rushed, but what i also know is that you never know when you will die.

I dont know for definate so im guessing when you say July you mean you will openly tell people that you have entered islam.

The truth is my friend you may already be muslim

If you believe that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah (swt) and Muhammed (pbuh) to be His last and final messenger- then frankly your almost a muslim.

The only thing missing is you saying these words out loud!

That can even be to your self, you dont need to have witnesses.

My advice at this stage- if you are convinced about islam, then openly say the words of Testification out loudly so that you will enter the fold of Islam because once you have said those words sincerely then in the Sight of Allah (swt) you are muslim and all your past sins are forgiven.

So dont wait till July to become muslim you can become muslim now! :-)

And then you can formally become muslim in front of witnesses in July if you like

"Ash hadoo anLa ila ha ill Allah wa ash hadoo an na muhmammad an abdo ho wa rasoolo"
    (I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah (swt) and Muhammed is His slave and messenger)
    Indeed I have said it and meant it, but as yet I have not set foot in a Mosque nor learnt to say prayers, I am a muslim in heart and mind if not in life just yet.

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~ View Post
    assalamualaikum

welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam As a revert myself I still get amazed when others accept the way of life so true and natural to the human race. May Allah guide you and keep you full of faith and strength on your journey towards true Islam.ameen.

As for your name, this is something only necessary when your name has a bad meaning. I feel you are right to study Quraan and hadith in depth, this is far far more important.

Welcome again brother. I look forward to your posts.
    Many thanks for your kind words

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

feel free to PM me and i can add you to my msn.

www.techresolve.co.uk

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Seeking-soul View Post
    Is Steven acceptable, I looked up its meanings but was unsure,
    Very acceptable.. but in regard to what? lol

what matters are your intentions akhi not your name..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - I humble request from the UK

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdulilah praise be to god that he guided you my brother which city are you from brother??

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    Alhamdulilah praise be to god that he guided you my brother which city are you from brother??
    I live about 12 miles from Swindon,

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    Very acceptable.. but in regard to what? lol

what matters are your intentions akhi not your name..

Agreed, I had a pretty clear understanding but its nice to have it clarified.

IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

You say you are going to revert to Islam on 15th July, 2010 but I regard you as a Muslim right now on the basis you have read the shahadah and you say you are a Muslim by heart and Mind

Allah Hu Akbar. Welcome to Islam. May Allah SWT guide us all

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subhanallah... welcome to Islam.

May Allah guide us all and make us the best of the best InshaAllah.

heart 1 - I humble request from the UK

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

Insecured soul's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Seeking-soul View Post
    That is a difficult decision, I am trying to find names that are both acceptable to Islam but as close to English names as possible to make it less alien for my mother, I am very happy to take any and all suggestions, but my main area I am looking at is Islamic versions of the Biblical prophets as my mother is a life long Catholic.
    If not for my Mum I would have converted months ago, im 33 way beyond the age to be worried about these things but I love my mum and I have to do as best as I can by her.
    you can keep, adam, ibrahim (abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Yunus (Jonah), Harun (Aaron), Dawud (David), Sulaiman (Solomon), Zakariyah (Zechariah), Yahya (John)

names in parenthesis are biblical names of prophets may be peace be upon them all.

take ur time to find out which name u gonna keep.

Salaam alaikum

Oh lord make my best deeds the last deeds
    Oh lord make my best day the last day (aakhirah)

24. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you said the shadah of your own choice with sincerity and understanding, you are as Muslim as any of us here, possibly even more so, as you had all of your past sins removed. Please pray for me that I may gain as much emaan as you now have.

Herman 1 - I humble request from the UK

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I humble request from the UK Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I humble request from the UK