× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 42 visibility 6074

Did i do something wrong?

Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Did i do something wrong?

Report bad ads?

I was talking to my (only) friend today and i asked her to let me borrow her book so that i could revise properly and in return i offered to help her with her exam but i didn't have my previous notes or books to give her. She asked me to come to her house but i'm not allowed and so i told her to come to the nearest library with the book but she went offline. I have never met up with any of my friends outside school. I was going to see this friend after three years and many times during school and college days she has invited me to her house, birthdays, ramadhan parties etc but i refused simply because my parents don't like it.

What did i do wrong?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Taqiyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Did i do something wrong?

format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short View Post

I was talking to my (only) friend today and i asked her to let me borrow her book so that i could revise properly and in return i offered to help her with her exam but i didn't have my previous notes or books to give her. She asked me to come to her house but i'm not allowed and so i told her to come to the nearest library with the book but she went offline. I have never met up with any of my friends outside school. I was going to see this friend after three years and many times during school and college days she has invited me to her house, birthdays, ramadhan parties etc but i refused simply because my parents don't like it.

What did i do wrong?
    Salaam sister,

perhaps you haven't clearly explained to her in detail why you can't come to her house or she would not have kept on inviting you to her house for those different occasions. She probably got offended because she thinks you have something against her family. It is good that you are respecting your parents' wishes by not going but did they ever tell you why they didn't like you going to her? Is it just her house or all your friends houses?Try to find out why sis.

You have got to get up every morning with determination if you want to go to bed with satisfaction
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

.. but she went offline.
    may be , server was down or electriticy went off . These 2 are common problems here .

Do u have her phone no ? Call her or send her mail explaining ur situation .

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Rafeeq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You should accompany your brother or father to go to her home and bring the notes. It is 3rd option. Do inform her why you were used to refuse.

When there is nothing left but Allah that is when you find out that Allah is all you need.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Did i do something wrong?

What did i do wrong?
    sister you have'nt done anything wrong so do not worry yourself too much it may just be her internet got disconnected or she had to go offline for some reason or another. Also let her know of the reasons why you can't come so that she understands.

Also sister try to find good and practising friends who pray and do not talk loosely or listen to music and talk about haraam things or gossip, backbite and slander others.

Don't take these kind of people as your friends but try to stick with those with good character and those who pray and would benefit you and not those that will lead you astray. It is very important for us to keep the right type of friends because we are who our friends are and if our friends are not right then they will eventually have influence on us.

Just go towards Allah trying to please him as much as you can because youth is precious and you should make the best of it whilst you have it because you will also be questioned by Allah about how you spent your youth.

Pray all of your Fard, Sunnah and Nafil Salah, recite Qur'an with meaning and implement what you learn into your life, do Dhikr as much as you can, learn and read about Islam and always treat your parents the best and be the best towards others keeping away from guys and not making friends with them at all and avoid keeping bad friends only sticking with good and pious sisters or those with very good characters. As soon as one of your friends ever goes astray then give her dawah and make dua for her but keep away from her for that is best for you.

Here is a very beneficial article for you to look at and implement in your life:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...e-its-too-late!

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah View Post
    Salaam sister,

perhaps you haven't clearly explained to her in detail why you can't come to her house or she would not have kept on inviting you to her house for those different occasions. She probably got offended because she thinks you have something against her family. It is good that you are respecting your parents' wishes by not going but did they ever tell you why they didn't like you going to her? Is it just her house or all your friends houses?Try to find out why sis.

It's because there are non-mehrams at my friends house. I am generally not allowed to go to anyones house or indeed outside (on my own) unless it's to do with the studies. I've explanied this to her many times.
    Last edited by Life_Is_Short; 01-17-2010 at 08:20 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

may be , server was down or electriticy went off . These 2 are common problems here .

Do u have her phone no ? Call her or send her mail explaining ur situation .
    No because her sister came online a second after she went offline. We were in the middle of a conversation and she signed off. She even txt me last night but she never mentioned anything about coming to the library or bringing the book.

She's intentionally ignoring this.
    chat Quote

Hamza Asadullah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Glory be to Allah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Arrow Re: Did i do something wrong?

It's because there are non-mehrams at my friends house. I am generally not allowed to go to anyones house or indeed outside (on my own) unless it's to with the studies. I've explanied this to her many times.
    if she does'nt want to understand then she is not a friend to you. You will make plenty of good friends over the next few years inshallah but people like that who are not understanding should not be called friends in the first place. Just be the best towards her and give her dawah but cut off connections with her.

and Allah knows best

How to get through Hardships & trials in life:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...mp-trials.html

How to overcome Waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan) in Worship:

https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...d-worship.html

10 Steps to Increasing Imaan & getting closer to Allah:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...d-version.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners...ser-allah.html
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think you're right, friends are not worth the effort.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

is there any other way you could get your hands on that book....could you borrow it from the library or perhaps buy it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii View Post
    is there any other way you could get your hands on that book....could you borrow it from the library or perhaps buy it
    Apart from stealing, nope. I've checked out all the libraries and the revision book costs like £17. Where am i going to get that kind of money?

Doesn't matter though i found good notes on the internet and as for the friendship, IT'S OVER, OFF MY BUDDY LIST! <_<
    Last edited by Life_Is_Short; 01-17-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Apart from stealing, nope. I've checked out all the libraries and the revision book costs like £17. Where am i going to get that kind of money?

Doesn't matter though i found good notes on the internet and as for the friendship, IT'S OVER, OFF MY BUDDY LIST! <_<
    Its over?! do girls lose friendship over things like these?

how sure are you that these internet notes are good notes
    chat Quote

S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis i feel so sorry for you but i can only sympathise, hmm i hope your exam goes well though and gd luck. But this situation is rather new to me, i feel like a newbie. My sister is erm well 14 and she's allowed to visit her friends houses (Female Only Though Obv), and i guess to me it sounds like your parents are over protecting you.

But then again this is my opinion and I applaud the way you respect your Parents and their wishes, they usually have the best interest at heart for you. However i think you do need to ask them whats wrong with being able to visit your friends house.

In terms of your friends, they should be understanding but I'd be quite offended if someone parents said that i wasn't good enough for there child, so they can't be around me, maybe that's how she is feeling.

Brother Abdullahii question do females ose friendship over things like these, IDK we are talking about females, you can never quite understand how they work, its a mystery lol.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well, i asked her again about the revision book on her facebook and she deleted my post.
    I don't think i am going to bother asking her again. I know she'll come around when she need help or advice.
    Seriously, friends like these are a waste of time.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i presume you two are in secondary school and you have gcse's? coming up.....

just forget about her for now she's not worth your time....what you need to do now is get the necessary revision material!
    chat Quote

cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

isen friends just a headache. hard to find good ones

ae8iug 1 - Did i do something wrong?

wwwislamicboardcom - Did i do something wrong?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i presume you two are in secondary school and you have gcse's? coming up.....

just forget about her for now she's not worth your time....what you need to do now is get the necessary revision material!
    I've done my A-levels and i'm retaking an exam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've done my A-levels and i'm retaking an exam.
    A-level student? but what's up with this primary school style of friendship that dissolves over petty things ??
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 01-17-2010 at 11:47 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A-level student? but what's up with this primary school style of friendship that dissolves over petty things ??
    She's a friend from secondary school. She's at college at the moment because she re-did her first year. I've done my A-levels but i am retaking one unit to improve my overall grade and she is in her second year doing the same subject. I've helped her out so many times with that subject because it is something i have already done.
    Would it kill to help me out on this (one) occasion?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    S<Chowdhury's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are you sure thats the main reason why she doesn't want to talk to her? Seems like there is something else that must of upset her? Or maybe I'm just talking rubbish.

33u7sja 1 - Did i do something wrong?

To my Akh's tryin to stay on their deen
    It gets mean especially when u stay on the scene
    And at the same try to stay out of trouble
    But don't forget the blessing's in the struggle...
    You gotta stay on your salats, your zakats, your Quran
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Did i do something wrong? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Did i do something wrong?