Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Confusion about prayer

Report bad ads?

Salaam

During Ramadhan I went to a mosque for taraweeh prayers and ppl kept telling me its a 'wahabi mosque'. Firstly i dont understand these differences and the prayer seemed the same. Anyway my friend said my prayer wont count behind a 'wahabi' imam, is it true?
    Confusion about prayer

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Confusion about prayer

format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786 View Post
    Salaam

During Ramadhan I went to a mosque for taraweeh prayers and ppl kept telling me its a 'wahabi mosque'. Firstly i dont understand these differences and the prayer seemed the same. Anyway my friend said my prayer wont count behind a 'wahabi' imam, is it true?

SubhanAllah...there is no such thing as a 'wahabi', the word wahabi is a derogatory name to insult those Muslims who follow the Qur'an and Sunnah strictly and oppose innovated matters in religion. How can your prayer not be accepted if you pray behind someone who closely and strictly follows the sunnah of the Prophet saaws?!
    Confusion about prayer

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786 View Post
    Salaam

These kind of non-sensical claims are uttered by South Asian Barelvi Muslims. These guys are so extreme that they have their own prayer when they are in Masjid al Haraam. They dont follow the imam when they are doing umrah and prayer time comes. Rather start their own prayer.

South Asians have a tendency to corrupt their religion. Hindus corrupted the Veda. These Barelvis are corrupting Islam.
    Confusion about prayer

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

paradise88's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank u! thats what i said, the prayer is same n what does it matter who does it. She said her mum said im wrong n that they can get imam to prove it to me which is a lil extreme. She said said she has proof its wrong! Can i quote her anything to say that there is no such thing? Why do ppl give these names like wahabi etc i dint even knw abt it
    Confusion about prayer

We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT

6. Report bad ads?
    Sampharo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can tell her that you yourself follow Quran and Sunnah and this is your way. Brelvi's know that they are a sect and God save you from their sectarian beliefs that can be so outrageous.

The name Wahabi is a direct attempt by Brelvi's, Sufi's, Shia, and most sects to get back at the mainstream Islamic scholars who did not accept the corruption of Islamic values in these sects and were simply truthful in speaking against their innovation and departure from the Quran and Sunnah. The name is in reference to Sheikh Mohammad Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century sheikh whom they say "came up" with the school of though, when in reality he was nothing more than a scholar who held tightly to the Quran and Sunnah and with his teachings, innovation was removed from the Arabian lands as the Saudi Kingdom was being formed. Nothing he said was not written and authenticated by the companions, he simply held fast to the rejection of other insititutions that were either innovating or outright corrupting Islamic values, sometimes for Worldly gains.
    Confusion about prayer

Iblis's eternal destination in the Hellfire is due to Arrogance, not Disbelief.

wwwislamicboardcom - Confusion about prayer

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have read some similar topic in some Islamic forums. Some people say, "do not pray in that masjid because that is wahabi's masjid" or "do not pray in that masjid because that is sufi's masjid".

But I wonder, why that happened only in UK ... ?????.

I never read a similar complain that written by someone in other countries. I think I must invite Muslim brothers in UK to pray in masjid near my home where salafis and sufis are praying together.

9. Hide
Hey there! Confusion about prayer Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Confusion about prayer