× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 46 visibility 5927

Why so many Christianity threads?

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Well... why? Why are there so many Christian threads on Comparitive Religion. Granted, there are three or four active Christians on this forum. But there's active atheists and Jews, too. I'm just curious as to why the obsession with Christianity. Why not Sikhism or Jainism or Buddhism or the Bahai Faith?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why so many Christianity threads?

I would presume its the same reason why Atheist boards talk about Christianity more than any other religion. Its the big widespread one on the block, and it is seeking to turn more people to it (and away from Islam in this case). Sikhism, Jainism, Budhism are all comparatively harmless. Just my two cents.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Possibly because more than a few of us were previously Christian before accepting Islam. We tend to be a little like the guy who quit smoking and goes around speaking of the dangers of smoking. an ex-Christian is more blatantly anti Christian than someone who was never Christian. Although most of us do not hate Christians and do understand them, we believe we have first hand knowledge of the errors made in the name of Jesus(as). It pains us to see the falsehoods about him being spread.

Herman 1 - Why so many Christianity threads?

chat Quote

Asiyah3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
    Well... why? Why are there so many Christian threads on Comparitive Religion. Granted, there are three or four active Christians on this forum. But there's active atheists and Jews, too. I'm just curious as to why the obsession with Christianity. Why not Sikhism or Jainism or Buddhism or the Bahai Faith?
    Peace Supreme,
    One reason could be that many (?) of us live in the West where the major religion is Christianity. Therefore it'll also be beneficial for us to have the knowledge.

Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrongdoing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided. (6:86)

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve. (10:62)
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Candle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

All of the above probably. I think Christianity and Islam have such a long history that wherever you find discussions of Islam you'll find discussions of Christianity. It's even in the Qur'an.
    chat Quote

aadil77's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the threads will mostly be about abrahimic faiths cause they are the closest to islam and they are specifically mentioned in the Quran

also christianity is the largest faith in the world and also the easiest to refute but also the easiest to relate from to islam
    Last edited by aadil77; 06-14-2010 at 04:48 PM.

33 43 1 - Why so many Christianity threads?
    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Possibly because more than a few of us were previously Christian before accepting Islam. We tend to be a little like the guy who quit smoking and goes around speaking of the dangers of smoking. an ex-Christian is more blatantly anti Christian than someone who was never Christian. Although most of us do not hate Christians and do understand them, we believe we have first hand knowledge of the errors made in the name of Jesus(as). It pains us to see the falsehoods about him being spread.
    Yes, but...

There's only about three active Christians on this board, and so far, I've never been convinced that there was an error with regard to the Christian understanding of Jesus; indeed, many of the allegations against Christianity are themselves inaccurate, erroneous and not reflective of Christian beliefs, which does sort of mar the genuine attempts made by other Muslims to try and convert Christians. It may pain you to see the oft-affirmed 'inaccuracies' (in Muslim view) of Jesus, but what about other religions inaccurate teachings of Jesus? What about Judaism, which doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah? Or Hinduism, where some schools of thought see Jesus as an incarnation or 'Avatar' of Krishna? Don't these falsehoods equally pain you and deserve the same degree of rebuttal as Christian beliefs with regard to Jesus?

I would presume its the same reason why Atheist boards talk about Christianity more than any other religion. Its the big widespread one on the block, and it is seeking to turn more people to it (and away from Islam in this case). Sikhism, Jainism, Budhism are all comparatively harmless. Just my two cents.
    That's was what I thought. Christianity and Islam are both fiercely expansionist religions- ideally everyone would be Christian or Muslim, but it simply isn't true. It's like saying a certain shoesize should be used to manafacture all shoes- sure, all the people who are that shoesize will be fine, but the others will struggle to fit in.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Candle View Post
    All of the above probably. I think Christianity and Islam have such a long history that wherever you find discussions of Islam you'll find discussions of Christianity. It's even in the Qur'an.
    I found that curious. Apparantly, Muslim sermons mention Christianity a lot- even if the audience is exclusively Muslim. I've never been to a church that has once acknowledged the existence of Islam, let alone mention or discuss it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I found that curious. Apparantly, Muslim sermons mention Christianity a lot- even if the audience is exclusively Muslim. I've never been to a church that has once acknowledged the existence of Islam, let alone mention or discuss it.
    yes usually when referring to the great prophet Isa and how deviant some are to worship him

prophet Muhammad came after prophet Isa so I doubt your church would mention islam unless its to do with some interfaith stuff

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, but...

There's only about three active Christians on this board, and so far, I've never been convinced that there was an error with regard to the Christian understanding of Jesus; indeed, many of the allegations against Christianity are themselves inaccurate, erroneous and not reflective of Christian beliefs, which does sort of mar the genuine attempts made by other Muslims to try and convert Christians. It may pain you to see the oft-affirmed 'inaccuracies' (in Muslim view) of Jesus, but what about other religions inaccurate teachings of Jesus? What about Judaism, which doesn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah? Or Hinduism, where some schools of thought see Jesus as an incarnation or 'Avatar' of Krishna? Don't these falsehoods equally pain you and deserve the same degree of rebuttal as Christian beliefs with regard to Jesus?
    I do not recall ever seeing any members here refute Islam except for Christians, Atheists and occasionally agnostics. Perhaps some have, but I do not recall seeing any. Most of us have little knowledge of any non-Islamic religion except for Christianity. Hard to refute something when you do not know what you need to refute.

chat Quote

Mohamed_Sadiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Supreme i think you have a agenda with your question. But don't get too excited !

Stop making your religion sound important cause it aint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mohamed_Sadiq; 06-14-2010 at 05:13 PM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq View Post
    Supreme i think you have a agenda with your question. But don't get too excited !

Stop making your religion sound important cause it aint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darn, you discovered me! True, I have an agenda here. My agenda is to find out why there is so many Christianity threads. You mean to tell me that's in the title? How clever of you to have noticed

And I don't know about you, but I have this wierd thing about finding my religion important. Call me old fashioned!

I do not recall ever seeing any members here refute Islam except for Christians, Atheists and occasionally agnostics. Perhaps some have, but I do not recall seeing any. Most of us have little knowledge of any non-Islamic religion except for Christianity. Hard to refute something when you do not know what you need to refute.
    Surely you must know a fair amount on Judaism or the Bahai faith?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Surely you must know a fair amount on Judaism or the Bahai faith?
    On a personal basis I did study comparative religions for more than 15 minutes and do have some knowledge about Judaism adding to the fact one of my Great Grandmothers was Jewish. I also have some knowledge of Bahai and for a brief time entertained the thought of exploring them further. I also do not like to refute another person's beliefs as I see nothing to be gained from pointing out the errors of others. I prefer to show the truth of Islam and not worry about the beliefs of others.

chat Quote

Mohamed_Sadiq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Peace
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol supreme,

(iam talking about your inner agenda, ur upto something)

Anyways Christianity and Islam are kind of similar but not the same, also you must know Islam is the fastest religion that is growing rapidly unlike christianity is decreasing day and night, I mean don't you feel lost? or sometimes don't u question ur faith, Come on man and smell the coffee (no offence thought styl).

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

On a personal basis I did study comparative religions for more than 15 minutes and do have some knowledge about Judaism adding to the fact one of my Great Grandmothers was Jewish.
    15 minutes??

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Why so many Christianity threads?

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exactly! I agree with you.
    Many of reverts to Islam here were Christians before. Alhumdulilah that they were guided to the right path.

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Glory Be To Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I also do not like to refute another person's beliefs as I see nothing to be gained from pointing out the errors of others. I prefer to show the truth of Islam and not worry about the beliefs of others.
    There are situations when you need to refute, such as when being preached to, like some troll missionaries we used to get here, also when your beliefs are being refuted and the person refuting is being a hypocrite and overlooking their own beliefs.

I would never refute a persons beliefs to do dawah unless they bring them up themselves.

www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    There are situations when you need to refute, such as when being preached to, like some troll missionaries we used to get here, also when your beliefs are being refuted and the person refuting is being a hypocrite and overlooking their own beliefs.

I would never refute a persons beliefs to do dawah unless they bring them up themselves.
    True.

For me I am not very effective when it comes to refutations. It is not my better area of debate, I do a much better presentation as the an advocate for what I believe to be true.

chat Quote

Ğħαrєєвαħ's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allaah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I guess thats because many of "Us" like to teach about what the truth really is! Anyways theres nothing wrong in having threads on Christianity,since your a Christian and you come onto an Islamic Forum.

Khaayr Insha`Allaah you will understand brother Supreme

So yeah

All the best!

"Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists).".."[Al Qur'aan 3:2]
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq View Post
    Lol supreme,

(iam talking about your inner agenda, ur upto something)
    What inner agenda did you have in mind? Do you mean is this thread a covert attempt to convert everyone through asking why there is a high amount of Christianity threads? No. No it isn't. Sorry to disappoint.

Anyways Christianity and Islam are kind of similar but not the same, also you must know Islam is the fastest religion that is growing rapidly unlike christianity is decreasing day and night, I mean don't you feel lost? or sometimes don't u question ur faith, Come on man and smell the coffee (no offence thought styl).
    Not really. Religion is very hard to account for demographically, and just about every religion in the world claims to be the fastest growing- it's hardly surprising that a Muslim would claim that Islam is the fastest growing. Do you have a hidden agenda?
    Yes, I question my faith. All the time. I find it a very productive activity that generally acts to strengthen my convictions. I don't follow anything blindly, especially my religion. Do you question your faith?
    Last edited by Supreme; 06-14-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Why so many Christianity threads? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why so many Christianity threads?