Taoist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello

Report bad ads?

Just wanted to introduce myself. Just call me... Dirt 101

Well, here i am... and here we are.

Obviously, i am an unknown factor here. (Rather, my concepts are the unknown factor....) Nevertheless, let us proceed.

I joined so i could read some of what others have posted although i have little interest in religions. I must admit though that i have become rather addicted to distractions, and haven't we all? Naturally, it depends on definition... and, generally speaking, addictions may be seen to frequently be a true detriment.

Can there be any doubt that i may learn something? I have also joined so that i may post something. However, i would not imagine that someone else may benefit from what little i may have to say, though of course i might like to imagine otherwise...

Bene-fit. Why not define it as.... Something good, which fits one very well.

And so, what is the greatest benefit amongst the very, very many? And is that greatest benefit a good, if not perfect fit?

So, to start things off, i will say that one particular verse in your favorite book is most interesting to me.... While i cannot quote it or give the name and number... perhaps someone who knows it can write it out correctly?

The verse mentions... a niche and a glass and a shining star. Do you know it?

Anyway, i hope i am welcomed here... for a time, anyway.

My best to everyone.

2. Report bad ads?
    Danah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hello

Hi, a strange name you got!
    Anyways, I hope you have a beneficial stay here.

The verse you are asking about is this:

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah setteth forth for mankind similitudes, for Allah is Knower of all things.
    [24:35]
    Hello

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Your way to find the truth

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

Dirt 101's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Taoist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks!
    Yes, the name i chose is unusual and seems to express... very basically, no? The thought has stayed with ever me since I heard it said that... when taking a bath, it is like dirt washing dirt! Profound understanding? Nonsense?
    Each is free to take what they can from it...

And, thanks for putting up the verse which has captured my interest for many years.
    There was a time when it would have held no meaning for me, other than as a indecipherable curiousity, perhaps.

Over 6,000 posts you have! Impressive. You must have a lot to say...

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dirt.. we all have a number of posts here so I hope that is not too shocking, since we are a community, we hope you like being part of our community and we are also hopeful you tip the scales in us liking you back (yet to be ascertained) indeed!..

cheers
    Last edited by جوري; 06-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Hello

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Hello

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dirt 101 View Post
    Thanks
    Yes, the name i chose is unusual and seems to express... very basically, no? The thought has stayed with ever me since I heard it said that... when taking a bath, it is like dirt washing dirt! Profound understanding? Nonsense?
    Each is free to take what they can from it...
    yeah sure! I am not complaining with the name itself. Its just got my attention that's all!

And, thanks for putting up the verse which has captured my interest for many years.
    There was a time when it would have held no meaning for me, other than as a indecipherable curiousity, perhaps.
    Just out of curiosity, did you read all of our "favorite book" The Quran?

have some look on the sections of the forum and feel free to ask whatever you want to know. We will be happy to help in answering you.

Over 6,000 posts you have! Impressive. You must have a lot to say...
    I am close to celebrate my third anniversary here, you may consider that to be a reasonable reason for having such a number
    There are some people with more than 10,000 posts!

Welcome again and hope you have a nice stay here.
    Hello

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Danah View Post

Welcome again and hope you have a nice stay here.
    5 star accommodations plus free breakfast for a couple o days and then out on their fanny

Hello

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Hello

brightness_1
    protectedpearls.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ View Post
    5 star accommodations plus free breakfast for a couple o days and then out on their fanny

nice one!
    Hello

Visit my website
    ProtectedPearls.com

Follow us on:

YouTube
    Twitter
    Facebook

Dirt 101's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Taoist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Haha! Well, i'am not here to win any popularity contests... I don't even own any fancy clothes!

Community. Great idea! (Can't we all just get along?) Uh-ho... I've heard that before somewhere...

When i think of "community", i think of... Common Unity. And, we do have a common unity. Every human being.
    Fortunately, more are becoming aware of it day-by-day.

I see, Danah, if i may... *Waitin' Allah's Mercy* Waitin'? Really? IMO, the waitin' is about over. I mean... the possibility exists
    in this very moment.

So you can get some idea of where i'am comin' from... All i can say is... If mercy wasn't presently within every atom
    which comprises all that is... and if your breath was no more... surely, we wouldn't be having this, or any, conversation.
    Everything but breath is a distraction, right?

Anyway, if i can find a small space somewhere, maybe I'll stay for that free breakfast. I just hope it's not another egg-a-muffin
    from Micky D's!

No. I haven't read that book; only parts. Does it come in a Reader's Digest or Cliff Notes version? I'am sort of
    pressed for time these days...

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if pressed for time then surely this is the wrong time and place and possibly new hobby with which to take interest (surely you must know that this is an Islamic forum) not a social network!..

a sense of community doesn't mean everyone gets along.. imagine how boring that would be if we all just agreed with each other all the time?

no we don't have an idea where you are coming from.. but I believe gauguin has already answered that Q in a more relaxing and visually appealing style..

if you are inching your way to a complete purge of how you despise Muslims, 'our book' and God, then perhaps you'd be better suited for a forum with like minded individuals?

all the best
    Hello

12. Report bad ads?
    h-n's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hope your stay is beneficial for you.

Sister h-n

PouringRain's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum.

Misz_Muslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ☆⌒ღ SuBHaNALlaH ღ⌒☆
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum Dirt..

format_quote Originally Posted by Dirt 101 View Post
    The verse mentions... a niche and a glass and a shining star. Do you know it?
    Here's a nice recitation from Salman Al-Utaybi:

Hello

There is a blessing in trials...
    ...they are a means of purifying you, so you can go to the most purest place:

Jannah

16. Hide
Hey there! Hello Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello