× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Bring sister's posts down to 200 to use sister's only section

Voters
39. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 48.72%
  • No

20 51.28%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 69 visibility 5945

Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!

Amoeba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Vote! Why should we sisters have to wait longer than brothers, huh? The admin/moderator of the sister's section: Here's a poll, let's see what people have to say about this.

So often I have wanted to use the sister's section but nooooo... not enough posts. I have been trying to spam a bit to bump up my post count and I look at it now... still a lot to go. If I was a brother I'd have been able to use the sex-specific forum by now. That is NOT fair.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!

Actually we are planning to increase the post counts required for the brothers. In fact I believe it has been raised as we have stopped approving members with less than 200 posts. Possibly the appropriate announcement has not been made yet.

Herman 1 - Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!

chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OOOps I misunderstood the post, Ubtil recently the posts required for the Brother's section was 100 and for the sister's section it was 200. We decided that like the sister had decided 200 was a better choice than100. For some reason it seems the sisters in charge of the section have felt an increase to 300 was needed. None of us males not even male admins know what takes place in the sister's section.

Herman 1 - Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I understand you have nothing to do with it, rather it's an appeal to the sister's section moderators. It's very unfair especially to sisters who may need sister's support. I mean you'd think after 200 posts you'd know whether a user was just here to muck about or if they were serious. I can't understand how on earth they felt bumping it up to 300 was a good idea!

You can't even attempt to apply.

Ugh... "be patient" yeah yeah. By then the problems one may need advice on will either have blown over or escalated.
    Last edited by Amoeba; 11-04-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Tilmeez's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Abu Aisha
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    That is NOT fair.
    Regardless of what Uncle Woodrow said, I agree with you! Its not fair. I always envy sister section. You see such a tight security! I wonder what on earth is there in sister's section? With regards to brother's section we have almost all of them there in bro section and its very nice knowing them (I'm kidding... its not that nice, though.)

Their excuse for this post count is very strong: "Its for your own privacy / security!" You will have to believe, to maximum, that your posts are being read by sisters only when you reach there after 300 posts.
    Last edited by Tilmeez; 11-04-2010 at 09:20 AM.

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...? Can you rephrase that last part please?
    chat Quote

Tilmeez's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Abu Aisha
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...? Can you rephrase that last part please?
    format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez View Post
    Their excuse for this post count is very strong: "Its for your own privacy / security!" You will have to believe, to maximum, that your posts are being read by sisters only when you reach there after 300 posts.
    Requirement of 300 posts for sisters is for their own privacy. Its better to wait until you reach a post count of 300. This will give you a strong base to believe that members in sister section are sisters only... and you will feel easy sharing any thing that is meant for sisters only.

You will also have to understand that 300 posts are basic requirement that enable you for applying only. Allowing or not allowing will still remain at discretion of the Mods of SS.

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

chat Quote

tango92's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

basically theres nothing special about the bros section. i dont think the bros have much to hide...

although theres are some threads we dont want any1 to know about.....

time for operation ninja Islam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can understand the privacy thing but... how is 200 posts not enough? I mean you have to have been here for a while and made a lot of posts. I don't see how an extra 100 really makes any difference, you'd think by 200 posts that it would be sufficient to be able to tell.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sister, you can use PM feature. Try PMing your problems to the mods of SS.:><:
    format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez View Post
    You will also have to understand that 300 posts are basic requirement that enable you for applying only. Allowing or not allowing will still remain at discretion of the Mods of SS.
    I was about to say that.<_<
    chat Quote

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you're almost there just be patient and dont say its not fair because its absolutely fair...If you get into the sisters section you'll have the ability to post away a million posts about anything and everything well almost... because there's privacy

you wont see males posing as females because it was too easy to get in and what you want is for it to be too easy to get in....its never going to happen its detrimental to the privacy of the sisterhood.

bags, shoes and scarves
    bags, shoes and scarves
    bags, shoes and scarves
    bags, shoes and scarves
    bags, shoes and scarves
    Last edited by Cabdullahi; 11-04-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    chat Quote

'Abd Al-Maajid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just a thought!

We, brothers are also as sensitive as the sisters are and we want the post limit to be increased by 350. :X
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can understand the privacy thing but... how is 200 posts not enough? I mean you have to have been here for a while and made a lot of posts. I don't see how an extra 100 really makes any difference, you'd think by 200 posts that it would be sufficient to be able to tell.
    Sis totally get where your coming from, if you need an issue addressing asap, waiting till you get to 300 posts, is just not acceptable. also you can then apply and not get accepted. All i can suggest is if you need advice asap, then either contact 1 of the sisters by pm..no1 will mind. Ive done this in the past. Also im part of another forum, which is just for sisters only, & if you need something answering urgently, i'll give you the details of that forum, just let me know.

D
    chat Quote

Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not at all. we sisters need protection from deliquent boys posing as sisters and trying to get into the sisters room! That's a private place where we can be ourselves and talk about anything we want and really wouldn't want boys lurking there. Hence the high post count requirement. you should understand that sister amoeba. Any sister would, right? however, you can't get approval to the sisters room no matter how high your postcount goes up, since your gender is undisclosed and the requirements say that gender & religion should be disclosed.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Beardo's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Weirdo + Beard = Beardo
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If the post count was to be set lower, people like Abdullahii and myself would inhabit the sisters' section. Believe me, those power-hungry and dictatorial staff know what they're doing, whether I like to admit it or not.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Agree with sis muhaba. 300 posts is perfectly adequate, in my opinion.
    Once you're in, it'll be well worth the wait inshaAllah. =)
    In the meantime, use the PM feature as suggested by others, as and when required. I'm pretty sure no one will mind helping.
    chat Quote

S.Belle's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    a big giraffe mwah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If they lower it they will have many people trying to apply but if they keep the number of post high it seems like it would be easier for them to go through all the names that have applied because it would not be as many....I think maybe they should increase the requirement of posts to say about 450 or so that way they know its a sis and that she has been a member for a while.

"Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why we call it 'The Present'."
    chat Quote

tigerkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

honestly speaking...my opinion is different...blv its just learning for me on this forum,,,,,i like to study how other ppl in in the world think, what are their reveiws abt islam...what are their priorities.... i got a lot....so i think we should make it easy for everyone to share even its bro section or girl section....rest qst if someone is using sis sec or bro section with wrong intention...what harm he can give us...(esp me i am a tiger lol) and if its so mod can block such person....!!!
    Last edited by tigerkhan; 11-04-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We should all be thankful because some Islamic forums require a years membership,a vouch,and a handful number of posts(if I'm correct) for each section,and for sisters section it is that you must meet a sister moderator or something sort of these lines.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
    If the post count was to be set lower, people like Abdullahii and myself would inhabit the sisters' section. Believe me, those power-hungry and dictatorial staff know what they're doing, whether I like to admit it or not.
    Speak for yourself mister
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Bring sister requirements down to same as brothers!