× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2037

Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians

سيف الله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Salaam

CurveballIraq007 1 - Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians

Politicians in Iraq have called for the permanent exile of the Iraqi defector, codenamed Curveball by his US and German handlers, who admitted to the Guardian he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction (WMD).

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi said he invented stories about Saddam Hussein's non-existent bioweapons programme in order to "liberate" Iraq.

But if he thought that his mea culpa would make him a hero, it seems he was wrong. "He is a liar, he will not serve his country," one Iraqi politician said in response to Curveball's claim to want to build a political career in his motherland.

In his adopted home of Germany, politicians are demanding to know why the German secret service, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), paid Curveball €3,000 (£2,500) a month for at least five years after they knew he had lied.

In the US, questions are being asked of the CIA's handling of Curveball, 43, and specifically why the then head of the intelligence agency, George Tenet, did not pass on warnings from the Germans about Curveball's reliability.

But the harshest criticism of Curveball is coming from Iraq.

Jamal Al Battikh, the country's minister for tribes' affairs, said: "Honestly, this man led Iraq to a catastrophe and a disaster. Iraqis paid a heavy price for his lies – the invasion of 2003 destroyed Iraqi basic infrastructure and after eight years we cannot fix electricity. Plus thousands of Iraqis have died.

"This man is not welcome back. In fact, Iraqis should complain against him and sue him for his lies."

Others poured scorn on Curveball's plan to return to Iraq and enter politics.

Intefadh Qanber, spokesman for the Iraqi National Congress (INC), led by Ahmed Chalabi, said: "He is a liar, he will not serve his country. He fabricated the story about WMD and that story gave the USA a suitable pretext to lead the 2003 invasion, which hurt Iraq. For most Iraqis, it was obvious that Saddam was a dictator, but they wanted to see him ousted on the basis of his crimes against human rights, not a fabricated story about weapons of mass destruction."

In the US, a pressure group representing veterans of the Iraq war demanded the justice department open an investigation into the INC's relationship to Curveball.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...aq-politicians
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    titus's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians

So what is the over/under on how long this guy lives? How much security do you think he has around the clock?

At the very least this man should be jailed, certainly not getting paid by the German government.
    chat Quote

MartyrX's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The truth finally comes out. It's a shame so many innocent people had to die over this man's lies.
    chat Quote

Abdul-Raouf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    cageprisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I doubt this joker... I think the script was written by the Fox.

The Fox might have promised to pay this joker artist very well.....Dumb fellow fell into the trap of the oil hungry fox...and now the fox is saying the world that he is not an artist but a real dumb joker.

...Oh dumb puppets and jokers of this world...Beware of the fox's plan ..It will smile like a friend..but atlast it will bite.
    Last edited by Abdul-Raouf; 02-17-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Formatted

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He should be allowed to return to Iraq. Given a home and a stipend for relocation expenses.

Then tried for accessory to mass murder in an Iraqi Court.

Herman 1 - Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians

chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

who admitted to the Guardian he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
    ...He should be put on trial.

The Iraqis would kill him if he were to return.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Curveball deserves permanent exile for WMD lies, say Iraq politicians