× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 3620

I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me

Report bad ads?

Quran
    17:26-29
    "You shall give the due alms to the relatives, the needy, the poor, and the travelling alien, but do not be excessive, extravagant. The extravagant are brethren of the devils, and the devil is unappreciative of his Lord. Even if you have to turn away from them, as you pursue the mercy of your Lord, you shall treat them in the nicest manner. You shall not keep your hand stingily tied to your neck, nor shall you foolishly open it up, lest you end up blamed and sorry"

I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me. The Rich and those who have money should help the poor but not give so much that they themselves become poor that is what we have under a progressive tax system in the west the rich are taxed to death that they become less wealthy. I would like to ask where the Zakat rate comes from the Quran or the Hadith or both ?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Zuzubu's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me

The sharia also contains tax system, Zakaat is at lowest at those 2,5% and they are ment to be paid if you are avaiable to do it and don't have loan. If you wish to give more zakaat, ur welcome to give more.

I believe tax is good for the country. Look at Denmark, we pay 35-60% tax (depending on how much we earn), and the roads and schools are all prosporous.

[21:73] "We made them (Abraham and his sons) imams who guided in accordance with our commandments, and we taught them how to work righteousness, and how to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat). To us, they were devoted worshipers."

[17:26-29] You shall give the due alms to the relatives, the needy, the poor, and the travelling alien, but do not be excessive, extravagant.

The extravagant are brethren of the devils, and the devil is unappreciative of his Lord. Even if you have to turn away from them, as you pursue the mercy of your Lord, you shall treat them in the nicest manner. You shall not keep your hand stingily tied to your neck, nor shall you foolishly open it up, lest you end up blamed and sorry.

[6:141] "Eat from their fruits, and give the due alms on the day of harvest"

[2:215] "They ask you about giving: say, "The charity you give shall go to the parents, the relatives, the orphans, the poor, and the traveling alien." Any good you do, God is fully aware thereof."

[9:60] Charities(Sadaqaat) shall go to the poor, the needy, the workers who collect them, the new converts, to free the slaves, to those burdened by sudden expenses, in the cause of Allah, and to the traveling alien. Such is GOD's commandment. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise.

[2:3] who believe in the unseen, observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and from our provisions to them, they give to charity

___
    This explains about the 2,5% rate http://www.easyislam.com/zakat.asp
    chat Quote

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have to pay 2.5% of your income to charity IF your savings are more than 85 grams of gold (or money of that worth). If your savings are less than that then you fall on the receiving end of charity. This amount is considered as Zakaat, you can also call it Islamic Tax.

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)
    chat Quote

Muhammad Aseem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Under progressive tax system the rich don't become poor - their disposable income becomes less.

i think the correct terminology is 1/40th of your excess - which equates to 2.5%
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ali Mujahidin's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    SaifulLah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    the rich are taxed to death

Really? From what I know, the rich are paying accountants to make sure that they do not have to pay what they should.

Faith is believing what you cannot see.
    http://areesalaam.com Islam from the viewpoint of a layman
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I was reading this verse in the Quran and it made sense to me