× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 210 visibility 30203

How do you know that Islam is the truth?

Flame of Hope's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question How do you know that Islam is the truth?

Report bad ads?

A question for both revert Muslims and born Muslims. How do you know that Islam is the truth?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Neelofar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How do you know that Islam is the truth?

Through the Quran and faith
    chat Quote

Hannah.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Only in Islam will anyone find an unadulterated teaching of monotheism, in which its teachings are so crystal clear and rational. Every other religion except Islam has something confusing or misguiding to say about the Oneness of God.

If you begin to live life relating to the God who is all around you, every moment becomes a prayer.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar View Post
    Through the Quran and faith
    Then a Christian might say that he knows his religion is the truth by claiming that it is through the Bible. A Jew may say it is through his Torah. A Hindu may say through his Gita.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don´t need to know. I just believe it is. That is faith.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb View Post
    People of other faiths say the same thing.
    chat Quote

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

First, the arguments presented in islam are satisfiying for me.
    Second, if you understand arabic very well, just read the quran and you will know it's the word of Allah.

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've dabbled in other sects under the umbrella of Christianity. Then a bit with agnosticism. I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor which is a concept that stresses the importance of simplicity. I'm not a revert yet but in following other paths I just had to try too hard. Too many things didn't make sense. I cried a lot, felt like I was just a broken human because I didn't get the same joy out of other faiths like the other people did around me.

With Islam there is a very nice peace in the heart that comes along with it, at least for me. It's very clear and very straightforward. I don't feel confused when learning about Islam but there are times I need clarification. When someone clarifies something for me, I get it. As with the other religions, I still felt even more confused than before which led to stress, extreme doubt and terror when worrying about my soul due to the confusion and lack of clarity from the other religions...not a particularly healthy way to live.

Now, I can't say for certain at this point and time if Islam is THE truth. One reason being because I know how iffy it can be with something that is passed down through oral means, but I certainly believe it makes more sense than other religions out there.

That is my point of view. Other people interpret things differently so I don't know if there is one answer that is applicable to all people that will show it is the truth but in the marketplace of ideas, I think what is true will always prevail no matter how much people try to bury or distort it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen View Post
    First, the arguments presented in islam are satisfiying for me.
    What are those arguments that have satisfied you?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Sigma's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't have objective proof. But the concept of tawheed does it for me. Out of all the world religions Islam has the best definition of "God" in my opinion and seems most likely to be from God.
    chat Quote

Tyrion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think that's more along the lines of blind faith, and isn't really a strong reason... As Flame said already, anyone can "just believe", and people of other faiths typically do. Islam is one of the few faiths that actually doesn't encourage blind faith, and encourages you to seek knowledge to find the truth.

For me, I was raised in a Muslim household but only recently did I become practicing. What led me to my conviction was listening to/reading the Quran, and listening to tons of lectures on it's linguistic miracles and teachings. I also found that there was always a satisfactory answer to controversial topics, and the core ideas of the religion seemed to follow a rational/logical train of thought... The history of Islam also played a big part in my belief, since I could see little reason to doubt the Prophet's sincerity and truthfulness, and the Quran itself (from my very brief studies) seems to have a divine quality to it.

These are just some of the things that have me convinced now, but obviously it takes different things to convince different people.
    Last edited by Tyrion; 03-04-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    chat Quote

marwen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    What are those arguments that have satisfied you?
    A - There is only one God who created this universe
    Islamic arguments :
    - the unity and the similarities between all the creatures : same creator.
    - More than one God doesn't work : a God who needs another God as a partner to hold the creation is not a God (contradicts the caracteristics of a God)
    - No other God "legally" claimed he is a God and the creator of the universe except Allah :
    if there is another God, why didn't he show up and say it ? no logical reason for a God to not let us know he is a God.
    - evidences in the quran (scientific facts about the creation) that no one can have knowledge about except the creator of the universe, meaning the quran is the word of Allah the creator of the universe.

B - The continuity of the message of islam and the same true religion brought by all the prophets.
    Islamic arguments :
    - the quran describes the life of many propherts and the same message they brought : to call for the true religion of Allah. The quran explains also how the followers of every prophet (Moses, Jesus, ..) diverted from the true religion of islam and made innovations in it (including shirk, bida'hs and lies) leading to the creation of fake religions.

C - The prophet-hood of Muhammad SAW
    Islamic arguments :
    The sirah (biography) of Muhammad PBUH, including his unique personality and his behaviour and the miraculous facts showed in his presence prooving his prophet-hood and the truth of what he said and did.
    And the realization of many prophecies that the prophet PBUH talked about and that are still happening after his death.

D - The explantion of how we are created (where do we come from) and what we will become after our death (afterlife) and what is the purpose of our existence.

I did not find another religion that gives these clear and satisfying arguments and explanations about the universe and the creation and about our future.
    That what I believe is the truth.

"O you who believe! Fear ALLAH as He should be feared" [aal 'Imraan, 102]

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِۦ آل عِمرَان - 102

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen View Post
    no other god "legally" claimed he is a god and the creator of the universe except allah :
    If there is another god, why didn't he show up and say it ? No logical reason for a god to not let us know he is a god.
    awesome!
    chat Quote

Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was present at an exorcism and saw the effect of the Qur'an recitation upon the posessed person. Also I read a article by non muslim scientists, they were talking about the wing of the fly containing some medicine or something can't remember now, and I remembered the hadith about fully submerging the fly in your food if you find one in it..

“Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Aprender's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Entiende tu deen.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Flame, I think this is a great thread you have here!

^wow salahudeen. Every time I hear of exorcism I think of the scary movies they make about them here in the U.S. Can't imagine what it would be like to be there in person...
    Last edited by Aprender; 03-05-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I read an interesting book recently, posted on a forum which talks about something called Properties of Truth. And by knowing these properties, the characters in the story are able to find out how Islam alone is the truth. What got me was the explanation that Truth is ONE. Because God is also ONE.

To read the entire story: The Far-Off Event
    Last edited by Flame of Hope; 03-06-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post

Islam is one of the few faiths that actually doesn't encourage blind faith, and encourages you to seek knowledge to find the truth.

As Flame said before - people of other faiths can say the same thing, even atheists.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

karima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam aleikum

i just feel it in my heart. And everything the quran says i belive in. I cant explain it excactly but sudden things that happened in my life has increased my belief. For example when i was in mekka there was a lot of cats just outside the majid al harâm, but they never, not even ones came near the kaaba, eventhough they had a lot of opportunities. And also the birds in majid al harâm they just flew around only in the place of kabaa but not outside of it.

There is just so many things, that daily shows me that islam is the right religion.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Flame said before - people of other faiths can say the same thing, even atheists.
    People of other faiths do not really demand us to seek knowledge to find the truth. As far as I know, Islam is the only religion that demands its followers to seek knowledge and NOT follow it blindly.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you karima;

There is just so many things, that daily shows me that islam is the right religion
    I believe that God chooses us, and gives us signs, so that we might have faith and trust in him. I have been on this forum for six years, and have sensed the profound faith that many of my Muslim brothers and sisters have.

Yet I have witnessed a number of signs that have also given me a profound and deep faith in Christianity. These signs come from the same God that gave you a deep faith through Islam, the same God hears all our prayers.

I guess God chooses whom he wills, and in the way that he wills, it seems to confound us.

Would life be so much easier for us, if we all believed the same, would we all get on together if we all believed the same?

In the spirit of searching for One God

Eric.

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! How do you know that Islam is the truth? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How do you know that Islam is the truth?