× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 56 visibility 8864

Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join?

User29123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Salam

What would you guys suggest? I am thinking to join a army (Muslim one) working with IT and technology within the army as well.....Second which one to go in and want to move to a Muslim country I guess if I go to a certain army I would stay there.....

The western countries are getting worst USA hate us (some) and UK is messed up with some people same with any other EU country France, Germany etc I rather follow my religion in a Muslim country.

First I do not want to join or live in Pakistan hate the government there, I don't know about any other Muslim country I think Saudi are corrupt to?

Oh wait China is good, they are equal with Muslims too........
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Getoffmyback's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join?

You can live anywhere on earth where there is democracy . Cos i thought islam is democratic ! And actualy i felt that being in an infidel democratic country is better than being in an oppressive muslim country . According to some stories that i heard written by some real old back then muslims
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Asim123 View Post
    Salam

What would you guys suggest? I am thinking to join a army (Muslim one) working with IT and technology within the army as well.....Second which one to go in and want to move to a Muslim country I guess if I go to a certain army I would stay there.....

The western countries are getting worst USA hate us (some) and UK is messed up with some people same with any other EU country France, Germany etc I rather follow my religion in a Muslim country.

First I do not want to join or live in Pakistan hate the government there, I don't know about any other Muslim country I think Saudi are corrupt to?

Oh wait China is good, they are equal with Muslims too........
    China is actually one of the most prone to persecute Muslims. Muslims have very few rights in china and are permitted to only have Government approved translations of the Qur'an. there is virtually no religious freedom in china and the Government is very supportive of Atheism.

China 'crushing Muslim Uighurs'
    Muslim Uighurs
    The crackdown is done in the name of counter-terrorism, the report says
    China has been accused by two US-based human rights groups of conducting a "crushing campaign of religious repression" against Muslim Uighurs.

It is being done in the name of anti-separatism and counter-terrorism, says a joint report by Human Rights Watch and Human Rights in China.

It is said to be taking place in the western Xinjiang region, where more than half the population is Uighur.

China has denied that it suppresses Islam in Xinjiang.

It says it only wants to stop the forces of separatism, terrorism and religious extremism in the region, which Uighur separatists call East Turkestan.

SOURCE

Herman 1 - Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join?

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback View Post
    You can live anywhere on earth where there is democracy . Cos i thought islam is democratic ! And actualy i felt that being in an infidel democratic country is better than being in an oppressive muslim country . According to some stories that i heard written by some real old back then muslims

Maybe so, but he said he wants to join an army, and he cannot join the army of a country who is at war with muslims/is killing muslims. That practically rules out every single "infidel democratic country".
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    CosmicPathos's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

if Pakistanis can get their affairs straight then you should join their army.

Help me to escape from this existence
    I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
    I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
    In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed
    chat Quote

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    China is actually one of the most prone to persecute Muslims. Muslims have very few rights in china and are permitted to only have Government approved translations of the Qur'an. there is virtually no religious freedom in china and the Government is very supportive of Atheism.

SOURCE
    I would say most Chinese citizen don’t have rights.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

Rhubarb Tart's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don’t you have to have the country’s citizenship to work for their army in the first place?

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.." [Bukhaari].
    chat Quote

Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106 View Post
    Don’t you have to have the country’s citizenship to work for their army in the first place?
    Not anymore. The US Army is taking applications from immigrants now and if they survive their tour, they are granted citizenship.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15immig.html

This article is a couple of years old, I admit, but there it is.
    chat Quote

Ar-RaYYan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
    Not anymore. The US Army is taking applications from immigrants now and if they survive their tour, they are granted citizenship.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15immig.html

This article is a couple of years old, I admit, but there it is.
    wow. They seem very desperate to recruit anybody.

Dear Allah. I pray that whoever reads this message shall have your comfort, joy, peace, love, & guidance. I may not know their troubles, but you do. Please keep protecting us. Ameen.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan View Post
    wow. They seem very desperate to recruit anybody.
    They are. Enlistments have gone down since the "War on Terror" started. There was some talk about bringing back the draft a few years ago.

And to think I almost joined the army when I was in college...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You are best to go to Afghanistan and join the Taliban. They are fighting a Holy war so it is a win win situation. They are at war with the Satanic Zionists. The Taliban need skilled men to upgrade against the enemys of Islam. If you die fighting you are guaranteed paradise.
    Btw, democracy is an ancient pagan Athenian system that failed and has no connection to Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They are. Enlistments have gone down since the "War on Terror" started. There was some talk about bringing back the draft a few years ago.
    I thought it would have been the opposite; more Americans joining the army because of 'war on terror'. I heard some stories that a high number of American guys joined the army after the 9/11 attacks as they felt they were obliged to protect their country.

Dear Allah. I pray that whoever reads this message shall have your comfort, joy, peace, love, & guidance. I may not know their troubles, but you do. Please keep protecting us. Ameen.
    chat Quote

GuestFellow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam

I thought about joining a Muslim army too but I was extremely naive.

I would not join any Muslim army. The Saudi army committed horrific atrocities against civilians of Bahrain. There is no Muslim country that have established the complete Sharia, so I would be very cautious about joining ANY army.

Oh wait China is good, they are equal with Muslims too........[
    Your wrong.

I would not join ANY army. Just try to live a peaceful life. You do not want to end up in a situation where you join the army and then want to leave. If you still want to join, do some research and be very careful.

I was looking at myself talking to myself and I realized this conversation...I was having with myself looking at myself was a conversation with myself that I needed to have with myself.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    You are best to go to Afghanistan and join the Taliban. They are fighting a Holy war so it is a win win situation. They are at war with the Satanic Zionists. The Taliban need skilled men to upgrade against the enemys of Islam. If you die fighting you are guaranteed paradise.
    Btw, democracy is an ancient pagan Athenian system that failed and has no connection to Islam.
    The brother was talking about joining a national army not a tribal religious group.
    What is this about guranteed paradise? There are no fatwas that have been issued about the war between the talibans and the west being jihaad.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought it would have been the opposite; more Americans joining the army because of 'war on terror'. I heard some stories that a high number of American guys joined the army after the 9/11 attacks as they felt they were obliged to protect their country.
    Well I had been hearing and reading that enlistments are down, or at least they used to be. I haven't looked at any statistics in a while though.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Allahu Akbar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I had been hearing and reading that enlistments are down, or at least they used to be. I haven't looked at any statistics in a while though.
    The article you have posted (which is more recent than the ones i have read) seemed to suggest you might be right.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The article you have posted (which is more recent than the ones i have read) seemed to suggest you might be right.
    Well it reminds me of the USA in the 1960's and 70's during the Vietnam War. People eventually got tired of that war like they're getting tired of the "war on terror".
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The brother was talking about joining a national army not a tribal religious group. What is this about guranteed paradise? There are no fatwas that have been issued about the war between the talibans and the west being jihaad.

Salam sister,

Under basic Shariah for the four Mathab defending your life, family, region or country against any invader is Jihad therefore no Fatwa needed.
    By the way in that country's entire recorded history it has never been defeated and we all know the saying "history repeats its self"
    Also what do you mean "no fatwas that have been issued......" who would issue such a binding Fatwa for we have no Khalifate or Amir ul Mukminin ?

Masalam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Walaikum Assalam brother,

You don't have to join an Army, you could always go to a Military Academy and then re think.
    By the way Military I.T do free lance.

Masalam
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Looking through the US military statistics I find that the current USA military manpower is:

As of 30 September 2010, 1,430,895 people are on active duty in the military with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components. Currently there are 94,000 in Afghanistan and 92,000 in Iraq. For a total of 186,000 combined. Meaning that less than 1/10 of the US manpower is being used there. In other words a soldier joinin today has a 1 out of 10 chance of going to either Afghanistan or Iraq. There are 194,965 military troops stationed in Texas. A person joining the military is more likely to be assigned to Texas rather than ever seeing combat in Afghanistan. For the "Patriotic" young men thinking of joining the military to "defend " their country, there is no real incentive as 90% of those joining will never see combat. Most young people today can find higher paying employment outside the military and they can see no reason to join.

I think the reason people are hollering about recruitment being down is because congress is threatening budget cuts for the military. Another problem there seems to be a trend for some states to be using the military as a substitute for jail for convicted criminals. Giving them pardons in exchange for joining the military.

U.S. Military Recruitment by the Numbers
    By Matt Surrusco

21.7 Average age of new active-duty Army recruit, 2008 (5)

$7.7 billion Amount spent by the federal government on military recruiting and retention programs in 2008, more than double that of the $3.4 billion budget in 2004 (4)

66% Percentage of active-duty service members who thought seriously about leaving the military, 2006 (1)

20% Percentage of recruits joining the Army who required a waiver for medical or conduct reasons, FY 2008 (3)

372 Number of former convicts granted waivers to enlist in the Army in FY 2008, down from 511 in FY 2007 (3)

100% Percentage of recruiting goals met by all active-duty and reserve branches of the U.S. military for FY 2008; the Army reached 101 percent of its recruiting goals for the same fiscal year. Analysts cite the economic depression and the high unemployment rate as prime reasons for increased recruiting figures. (3)

27% Percentage of female active-duty Army recruits who were African-American in FY 2008, nearly double the percentage of white females recruited in the same year; Native American, Asian, and Latina women were also recruited into the Army in disproportionate numbers, despite making up the minority of the general female population. (5)

39,365 Number of patients diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to the Military Health System, 2003–2007; (8) the military-aligned think tank Rand estimated in 2008 that 300,000 Iraq and Afghan veterans suffer from PTSD, which would leave more than an estimated 260,000 untreated.

3,230 Number of reports of sexual assault involving military personnel in FY 2009; reported incidents rose 11 percent from 2008 and 20 percent from 2007. The actual number of assaults is much higher, according to military officials, since an estimated 80 percent of military personnel who have been sexually assaulted do not report the assault. (6)

31% Percentage of sexual assault crimes investigated in unrestricted reports in the military determined to be rape in FY 2009; another 31 percent of crimes investigated were determined to be aggravated sexual assault. (7)

53% Percentage of unrestricted reports of sexual assault in the military that were committed by one service member against another service member in FY 2009; 30 percent were committed by a service member against a non-service member. (7)

89% Percentage of victims in completed military investigations of unrestricted reports of sexual assaults who were female, FY 2009; nearly half of sexual assault victims in completed military investigations of unrestricted reports (47 percent) are between 20 and 24 years old. (7)

140,100 Number of active-duty military personnel currently deployed to Iraq, as of March 31, 2010 (2)

87,300 Number of active-duty military personnel currently deployed to Afghanistan, as of March 31, 2010 (2)

Sources: (1) 2006 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members, DoD; (2) DoD Personnel and Military Casualty Statistics; (3) Powers, Rod. “FY 2008 Military Recruiting Statistics” About.com Guide; (4) Vogel, Steve. “Military Recruiting Faces a Budget Cut” Washington Post. May 11, 2009; (5) nationalpriorities.org; (6) Morgan-Besecker, Terrie. “Still Soldiering On: Military Sexual Assault Victims Push Department of Defense and VA to Make Changes.” Times Leader. June 6, 2010; (7) FY 2009 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military, DoD; (8) Fischer, Hannah. “U.S. Military Casualty Statistics: Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom” Congressional Research Service, March 25, 2009

Matt is a student at Fordham College at Lincoln Center, double majoring in Political Science and Communication and Media Studies with a concentration in journalism. He is an Arts and Culture Co-Editor at The Fordham Observer and cu
    SOURCE

Herman 1 - Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join?

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Best Muslim country to live in and best amy to join?