× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 87 visibility 12078

Jesus thought JIHAD

Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jesus thought JIHAD

Report bad ads?

Salam Alaikkum Brothers and Sisters in ISLAM:

This is a very interesting new found for me.

The next time a Christian ask about JIHAD, I would recommend to share the ff inshallah:

Jesus thought of Jihad:
    Luke 19:27

Jesus said: And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and kill them right here in front of me.

Masalam
    Jesus thought JIHAD

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - Jesus thought JIHAD
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Hiroshi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Jesus thought JIHAD

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17 View Post
    Salam Alaikkum Brothers and Sisters in ISLAM:

This is a very interesting new found for me.

The next time a Christian ask about JIHAD, I would recommend to share the ff inshallah:

Jesus thought of Jihad:

Jesus said: And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and kill them right here in front of me.

Masalam
    Hi Riana17.

In this account Jesus makes reference to the destruction of the enemies of God's kingdom at Armageddon (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 16:14-16). This destruction will be carried out by angels, not by any human agency.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17 View Post
    Jesus thought of Jihad:

Masalam
    Um, this is what you consider to be Jihad? You are saying that Jihad is gathering your enemies and killing them?
    chat Quote

Perseveranze's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Um, this is what you consider to be Jihad? You are saying that Jihad is gathering your enemies and killing them?
    If someone wants to kill you, why wait for them to come and take you by suprise, instead just gather them and end it.

Is that hard to comprehend?
    Jesus thought JIHAD

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    May Ayob's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

.................................................. ..................................
    Last edited by May Ayob; 07-28-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    If someone wants to kill you, why wait for them to come and take you by suprise, instead just gather them and end it.

Is that hard to comprehend?
    The quoted text doesn't say anything about people plotting to kill you. It refers to people who do not want you to be king.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob View Post
    Well , I don't think this is a good answer to anyone who asks about Jihad, And the above verse is not Jihad.
    Jihad Means to struggle and strive and face uncomfortable circumstances in the Cause of God it does not necessarily have to be war.
    This is what I thought.
    chat Quote

Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Prophet himself (saws) said that the greatest jihad is the jihad of self, and it is one that I fight every day.

Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.
    | Likes Eric H, Hamza Asadullah, FS123, Crystal liked this post
    chat Quote

Predator's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wrong verse

Jesus prepares his disciples for the impending showdown. Discreetly, so as not to frighten his disciples, he introduces the
    subject of defence. Gently he begins:

When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked yeanything?" And they said, "Nothing."Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath no purse, let him take it, and likewise his bag; and he that hath no SWORD, let him sell his garment and buy one!"
    (Luke 22:35-36)

This is a preparation for Jihaad, a Holy War - Jews against Jews! Why! Why this somersault?Did he not advise them to "turn the other cheek"; "to forgive seventy times seven" (70 x 7 = 490)? Did he not send his chosen Twelve with the advice:

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye, therefore, as wise as serpents, (?) and as harmless as doves."
    (Matthew 10:16)

The situation and the circumstance have changed and as with any wise and able general, the strategy must also change. The disciples were already armed. They had some foresight. They had not left Galilee with bare knuckles. They responded

". . . Lord, behold, here are two SWORDS." And he said unto them, "It is enough". (Luke 22:38)

The missionary, so as to retain the impression of the "meek and gentle Jesus", "the Prince ofPeace", pleads that the SWORDS were spiritual! If the swords were spiritual, then the"garments" must also be spiritual. If the disciples of Jesus were to sell their SPIRITUAL garments to buy SPIRITUAL swords, in thatcase they would all become SPIRITUALLY naked! Furthermore, one does not lop off peoples physical ears with spiritual swords -

And, behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his SWORD, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and cut off his ear." (Matthew 26:51)

The only purpose of swords or guns is to maim and to kill. People did not carry swords to pare apples and bananas in the time of Christ.
    Last edited by Predator; 07-26-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Jesus thought JIHAD

When truth is hurled at falsehood , falsehood perishes. because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish [21:18- Holy quran]
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob View Post
    Salaam Riana17

Well , I don't think this is a good answer to anyone who asks about Jihad, And the above verse is not Jihad.
    Jihad Means to struggle and strive and face uncomfortable circumstances in the Cause of God it does not necessarily have to be war.
    The above verse promotes killing of enemies and it's contradicts to the teachings of Jesus(P) of Loving your enemies and Praying for those who persecute you. I think the next time anyone asks what Jihad is you should recommend them to ask an Islamic scholar and not any Muslim to not get the wrong idea of what Jihad truly means.

Salaam
    Salam Alaikkum

You know sister I would be honest, many people does not respect other's opinion and that is real sad. I am not just sad, but let me control bcoz I have anger management issue especially with proud people.

I hope we can learn to learn to respect each other.

Why judge quickly? Okay when Jesus said KILL, do we think in our right mind a prophet would kill just like that and not for the sake of ALLAH?

My point, nowadays, forget labelling (whether Christian or Atheist), it is general for people to think that Jihad is all about killing, bombing and destroying the WORLD. okay do we think if we tell them Jihad is striving for the sake of Allah and that wearing Hijab is form of Jihad, would they blv? Nah, this is tiring issue, what happened to Norway recently? they call it 9/11 & so on

So my point in this is to show people that killing is not just allowed in ISLAM (in Allah's way, which is way of too much conditions & nowadays i think JIHAD in war does not exist), I would share this verse for them to think twice that NOT ONLY QURAN says KILLING IS allowed, but 1st let them read the bible etc.whatever the story in bible, whatever interpretation they present to me, it is clear, It is in their HOLY BOOK that JESUS thought of KILLING. Dont say this verse is not in BIBLE, it is everywhere in BIBLE.

I was thinking twice to share this video about Muslim & Christian debate, it is really funny i watched it 10times but at the same time it was kinda little rude from our Muslim brother, but I felt he has good intention, and the funny side about it is just a flavour of the debate, but truth remains as it is.

So okay, this is the link & I found it very interesting, why do I have to explain that JIHAD does not mean to harm others, would they listen? I like to revert that Jesus thought of killing as WELL.

As the brother said, the good thing about it is that many MUSLIMS knows the bible more than others.
    For example: Eating pork is not allowed but Christian eat pork
    Jesus fell his face to the ground & pray.
    It is mentioned in the bible that after a (husband & wife) interaction, they cant pray, they should wash before praying

and all of them, who follows it? we Muslims do.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCiMXV9KmNs
    Last edited by Riana17; 07-27-2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Jesus thought JIHAD

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

chat Quote

Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines View Post
    The Prophet himself (saws) said that the greatest jihad is the jihad of self, and it is one that I fight every day. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

for ahadeeth, you have to understand the context.

Rasulullah SAW prescribed different "greatest jihad" to different people in different situations. There are several ahadeeth that deal with the subject of jihad.
    When you are oppressed and at war, obviously the best jihad is to go fight your enemies/oppressors.
    For example: when germany was declaring war on europe, which was the greatest jihad:
    surrender like the french and make everything peaceful for your enemies or fight like the brits?
    Last edited by Ramadhan; 07-27-2011 at 05:23 AM.
    | Likes Endymion liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Riana17;

I think you have to read the whole chapter, and not just the two lines you selected. The title of the passage is ‘The Parable of the Ten Minas’ and parable is a story like an analogy. At the beginning of the parable, the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.
    I believe that Jesus is giving them an insight of heaven and hell, he tells the story of giving 10 minas to one man, this might be interoperated as ten gifts. If we are given ten gifts to do good deeds with, and we use them to do good deeds, we shall be rewarded in heaven. If we are given these gifts, but do not use them to do good deeds, then we face the prospect of hell.
    If you are looking for stories of a personal Jihad in the Bible, then you might read Luke 4.I believe that the ‘Temptations of Jesus’ and the forty days in the wilderness is something you might recognise as a kind of Jihad,
    In the spirit of striving towards God.
    Eric
    Jesus thought JIHAD

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post

I think you have to read the whole chapter, and not just the two lines you selected. The title of the passage is ‘The Parable of the Ten Minas’ and parable is a story like an analogy. At the beginning of the parable, the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.
    I believe that Jesus is giving them an insight of heaven and hell, he tells the story of giving 10 minas to one man, this might be interoperated as ten gifts. If we are given ten gifts to do good deeds with, and we use them to do good deeds, we shall be rewarded in heaven. If we are given these gifts, but do not use them to do good deeds, then we face the prospect of hell.
    If you are looking for stories of a personal Jihad in the Bible, then you might read Luke 4.I believe that the ‘Temptations of Jesus’ and the forty days in the wilderness is something you might recognise as a kind of Jihad,
    In the spirit of striving towards God.
    Eric
    salam thanks for respecting my views and may Allah reward you for good intention

I know that, but I was referring to violent Jihad people are talking about.
    Jesus thought JIHAD

chat Quote

Hiroshi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce View Post

The only purpose of swords or guns is to maim and to kill. People did not carry swords to pare apples and bananas in the time of Christ.
    That isn't completely true. Swords could serve in a practical way, for instance, to chop fire wood, and also for a protection against wild animals. If the disciples had to journey to flee from persecution then such things would become necessary.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

.................................................. .................................................. ..............
    Last edited by May Ayob; 07-28-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Jesus thought JIHAD

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know that, but I was referring to violent Jihad people are talking about
    I think the way violent jihad works is this, someone has evil thoughts and intentions, they know it is wrong, so they try and justify it. They ignore all the passages to love your neighbour, to forgive, be merciful, do not kill, etc.
    They keep searching until they find a sentence with the word kill, and use that one sentence out of context, to justify what they want to do.
    I cannot find any scriptures for ‘a just war’ in the way that Tony Blair and George Bush, might use to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.
    They wanted to do these things, regardless of scriptures saying love and pray for your enemies, somehow they came to the conclusion that God is on our side, and invaded anyway.
    God is good, he is the creator of all people, when we kill, then we kill a part of God’s wonderful creation.
    In the spirit of searching for a just God.
    Eric
    | Likes FS123, May Ayob liked this post
    Jesus thought JIHAD

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Airforce;

". . . Lord, behold, here are two SWORDS." And he said unto them, "It is enough". (Luke 22:38)

Jesus said take the two swords, in order that he could demonstrate how swords should NOT be used.

And, behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his SWORD, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and cut off his ear." (Matthew 26:51)
    Luke 22.
    49 When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” 50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
    51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

If Jesus had wanted to win by the sword he could call on legions of Angels to fight his battle, he would not depend on men defending him.
    Mathew 26
    Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
    52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

I beleive that Jesus demonstrated that swords should not be used, even when you carry one as sanctioned by Jesus.
    In the spirit of searching for a Merciful God.
    Eric
    Last edited by Eric H; 07-27-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Jesus thought JIHAD

chat Quote

Who Am I?'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan View Post

for ahadeeth, you have to understand the context.

Rasulullah SAW prescribed different "greatest jihad" to different people in different situations. There are several ahadeeth that deal with the subject of jihad.
    When you are oppressed and at war, obviously the best jihad is to go fight your enemies/oppressors.
    For example: when germany was declaring war on europe, which was the greatest jihad:
    surrender like the french and make everything peaceful for your enemies or fight like the brits?

Don't misunderstand me, brother. There are times when war is necessary, such as the example that you used above. But for most people, I would say that jihad of self is most-important. If you cannot conquer yourself and fight against your own worldly desires and temptations, how can you fight and win against anyone else?
    | Likes FS123 liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and Peace be to you brother Eric H

I have a question:
    Did Jesus really cut off his ear? Or did I misudnerstand
    I am seeking clarification and would deeply appreciate it
    Jesus thought JIHAD

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Al-manar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sorry I confudsed the threads ...my post was intended for another thread

peace
    Jesus thought JIHAD

http://almanar3.blogspot.com/
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Jesus thought JIHAD Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Jesus thought JIHAD