× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 41 visibility 5645

Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

Jedi_Mindset's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Assalam O Alaikum

I'm glad that i've joined this forum, a couple of days ago, still didn't had posted my introduction thread so i'll do it now Alhamdulillah

I'm Robin broekmans from (As the title says) Holland. I'm 16 years old and live in a house with family (My mother, brother and me ofcourse)

My nationality is Dutch. I speak only dutch, and english to(Might make some mistakes since it isn't my first language). I got told about this forum by bro Scimitar, he is a good brother Mash'Allah. But ok i'll tell further about my life.

My life wasn't very good either, my parents fought everyday, and at a moment i was very misguided. Did very bad stuff also. Until i met some muslim friends, they told me a bit about islam and so on. I was very interested and suprised at the same time, because i was grown up with very bad stories about islam and so on (Thanks to media also). So i searched(Still searching) more about it. (In the meanwhile a friend showed me the arrivals, which did make it a bit more clear, but i was still confused). I read qu'ran verses, hadeeths also. And they are very peacefull and not what i was told on TV. Also the islamic prophecies are very true, with what is happening today. Which make me no doubt that it is indeed the truth. Also it respect other faiths, and all the prophets(Peace be upon all of them) are in it to.

I'm still not reverted yet, and Insha'Allah it will be soon.

Now a bit about my hobbies. I like doing exercise very much, (i train every day) and also a bit of soccer, running/sprinting.
    I'm very tall also 1.92 meters aka 6 feet 4 inch.

So this was a bit about me, i can't wait that you guys help me more to make me closer to Allah and ofcourse to know more about islam. I want to discuss with people from other faiths also, this forum is a real common ground Mash'Allah.

Salaam (May Allah bless you all,Ameen)
    | Likes جوري liked this post

2. Report bad ads?
    alhamdulilaah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

wa alaikum as salam,

welcome to the forum, inshAllah hope u will like it here. Read your story and its amazing.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
    and he is a
    Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
    etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
    on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a
    Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
    And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
    Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped
    the most trustworthy handhold
    that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

| Likes Scimitar liked this post

ghb2 1 - Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalaam Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu brother Jedi_Mindset.

Allahu Akbar, Alhamdulillah, I am overly joyed that you joined here too. I have a very big smile on my face. I just wanted to point out that, though you may not have had the opportunity to take your shahadah yet (due to family and other factors) - I already count you as a Muslim, because you beleive in Allah as the ONE GOD, Creator of all, The Most Merciful and Beneficient to all HIS creations - and you also believe that Nabi Muhammad (pbuh) is the final messenger and prophet, the seal of all prophethood. This, technically makes you a Muslim. The act of taking the shahadah is a formalisation of that intent.

Insha-Allah it will happen for you sooner rather than later.

Your ability to grasp concepts in relation to faith and the internal struggles of humanity, at your age - is very rare. I really like the way you understand things and relate them in conversation - for your young years, I find this incredible. Masha-Allah.
    | Likes Signor liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

How are you doing sis?

Thanks for welcoming me, i really appreciate it. (May Allah(SWT) bless you and your family. Ameen)
    Also thanks for the Surahs u posted i'll enjoy to learn/read more Insha'Allah

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sister? LOL... Grrrr.

Insha-Allah, your learning will be assisted by Allah SWT divine mercy. If you want the translations for the Surahs, with tafsir - let me know. But for now, try and memorise them - they are short. It may take you some time, because you are not learning the alphabet yet. So you cannot read the arabic. But you have the mp3's with mujawwad (pronunciation) in a slow, deliberate recitation.

May Allah make your road easy to walk, Ameen.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh roffle didn't saw your post bro (Facepalm, yes i learned to facepalm from him)
    Yes bro, will get them on my mp4 Insha'Allah. Thanks for helping me bro, May Allah bless you and your efforts. Ameen. Insha'Allah i'll learn arabic to,

Ansariyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ~*SummerIsGone*~
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam & Welcome Robin

Such an interesting intro, hope to see more of you on the forum bro!

Learn Patience from Asiyah, Loyalty from Khadijah, Sincerity from Aisha and Steadfastness from Fatima.

brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Robin, I think I got my/your post confused too (epic facepalm)

*we need a facepalm smiley*
    Last edited by Scimitar; 09-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aboard Robin, Enjoy your stay with us..

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

12. Report bad ads?
    Ramadhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam Robin,

hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay here.
    Where in Holland are you?
    I lived in holland for a brief period while doing some study project at UVA (universiteit Van Amsterdam) and living in utrecht

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset View Post
    Salaam,

How are you doing sis?

Thanks for welcoming me, i really appreciate it. (May Allah(SWT) bless you and your family. Ameen)
    Also thanks for the Surahs u posted i'll enjoy to learn/read more Insha'Allah
    I think this was for me as I am a sister here. alhamdulilaah, I am fine.InshAllah, hope u and ur family r fine by the Grace of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'la). I am sorry I replied in short because I was fasting, it was about our time here for Iftar. Its nice to hear from Holland, land of flowers to land of desert and sunshine.My sister lives near u, in Sweden.

MashAllah its nice to hear that u have great hobbies and u r active.

May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Sister? LOL... Grrrr.

Insha-Allah, your learning will be assisted by Allah SWT divine mercy. If you want the translations for the Surahs, with tafsir - let me know. But for now, try and memorise them - they are short. It may take you some time, because you are not learning the alphabet yet. So you cannot read the arabic. But you have the mp3's with mujawwad (pronunciation) in a slow, deliberate recitation.

May Allah make your road easy to walk, Ameen.

Now, brother Scimitar, I was the first one here, so a sister was here first to welcome, and that is why jedi_mindset was replying to a sister.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

I live nearby Alkmaar, not far from Amsterdam also. Thanks for welcoming me

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks Alhamdulilaah, Ameen to your dua's Sorry for the double post btw

Well Sweden is not that close LOL but yes if you compare it on a worldwide scale, it's not far away. Nice that you are fasting, that's very good Mash'Allah. Holland is known about it's tullips(Imported from turkey btw) they're very beautifull, especially during the spring (When there are much)

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah View Post

Now, brother Scimitar, I was the first one here, so a sister was here first to welcome, and that is why jedi_mindset was replying to a sister.
    Yeah, I realised that after my post and had to give myself repeat facepalms lol... Salaam Sister.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hehe has your forehead already turned red? roffle

Anyway, really thanks for the welcoming replies, makes me really feel good Alhamdulillah

brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes... erm, it has. I think I'm getting used to the pain of facepalming myself though... nothing quite like a self inflicted ottoman slap, I must say hehe

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh yes, the ottoman slap. Anyway good that u got me here bro, or better say; Alhamdulillah

Riana17's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    La ilaha illa Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam Alaikkum Little 6 Feet Brother,

Welcome to IB, Mashallah nice story. Alhamdollelah, it seems you will find the right path soon inshallah.

We were just having little chat here about Holland and of course my favorite flower the tulips, and here you go.Subhanallah, will you watch the tulips there for us???

You are most welcome to ask anything you wanna know Peace be with you

The HIGHEST accomplishment I can achieve in this worldly life is to be a TRUE MUSLIM. (me)

wwwislamicboardcom - Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)

24. Report bad ads?
    SFatima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome jedi, if you're so sensible at 16 MashAllah, you'll go a long way on the truthful way of life inshAllah, I had started loosing hope in the teens of today , but i guess i was wrong Hope you learn and benefit yourself plenty here inshAllah, stay blessed..

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Assalam Alaikum from Holland :) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Assalam Alaikum from Holland :)