× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 2475

I know this is bad

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know this is bad

Report bad ads?

Salaam

I just don't have the motivation to pray even tho I beleive Islam is the true religion.
    I even get angry at the thought of others doing haraam yet I can't even pray and I don't feel guilty.

How does that even add up?

I prayed esha namaaz today an prayed so quickly I felt I wasn't close to deen I didn't feel that emotional special connection you get when you pray.

What is wrong with me?

However I can't leave the house without my hijab. I follow other rules it's just salaat!!
    I know this is bad

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I know this is bad

Sis,

I could be wrong but I thought many of us go through times when we feel like that. I see these times like viruses. They come, run their course and go. I don't think it matters as long as you don't stop praying. Just tell yourself Allah has the right to be worshipped, and He deserves to be worshipped, and think of Allah's blessing that He's given you and pray. Stay steadfast and sooner or later you'll find the feeling to pray coming back again.
    | Likes glo, Abz2000 liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In the past I use to pray and I felt it got me nowhere. I don't know if that makes sense as I beleive Islam is the true religion therefore we must pray 5 times a day.

I've just lost hope I guess
    I know this is bad

chat Quote

Hulk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Part-time Avenger
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Learn Islam from proper teachers and also be in the presence of people who remind you of God.

I think you are at a current state where intellectually you can accept Islam but your heart is closed. Just my 2 cents.
    I know this is bad

RE0IROm 1 - I know this is bad
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    In the past I use to pray and I felt it got me nowhere. I don't know if that makes sense as I beleive Islam is the true religion therefore we must pray 5 times a day.

I've just lost hope I guess
    Even if we were to worship Allah in the best of forms, praying 5 times a day, giving all but the necessary money we have in charity, performing hajj, umrah, fasting 1 day on one day off, taking care of the sick, the orphans, submitting our entire lives to Allah and for the purpose of Islam, even then, we should not feel as though Allah 'owes' us something for this worship.

We have to do it because it is a duty, not because we think we'd gain some wordly benefit (could be anything, e.g. family harmony, health, job security, partner etc.). There is no automatic entitlement that we get enrolled onto once we do worship.

It's a duty we need to do in times of goodness and in times of bad.

Even if we were destitute with no limbs, no family, no love, no roof over our heads we still have to worship him.

Allah is worthy of worship, regardless of our individual plights.

We need to be content with the decree of Allah and submit to his wisdom whilst being patient.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You just KEEP PRAYING!! Then you will taste the sweetness of it.

Someone from the salaf said it took him 20yrs to taste the sweetness of tahajjud prayer. So if you take a step towards Allah in seeking pleasure in prayer, Allah will beautify it for you in the near future.

So keep praying.
    | Likes Qurratul Ayn liked this post
    chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis calm down relax I think there's sumfin bothering you just keep praying make lots and lots of duas for your self. InshaAllah everythings gng to b fine. Just keep praying k
    | Likes marwen liked this post
    I know this is bad

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - I know this is bad

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This thing is I don't get anything out of praying. I feel stressed when praying my mind isn't focused I forget how much rakats I have read ... I find it hard to concentrate and feel more at ease when I don't pray. However it is our duty to pray and when others don't pray it winds me up! How does that even work?
    I know this is bad

chat Quote

Periwinkle18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *reading mode*
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis it happens to me too sometimes i get lost think abt other things buh then u gotta try to focus think tht ur talking to Allah i know its hard at times buh just keep praying n inshaAllah it'll get better dont worry too much n if u want u cn Pm me k
    I know this is bad

Allah made everyone different thats what makes them special,so no matter what ppl say just remember you're SPECIAL!!
    "You are with the one you love"
    Nem0
    080411014129621 zpsf15d01de 1 - I know this is bad

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

anonymous;1525216]This thing is I don't get anything out of praying.
    Allah is The All-Knowing and Oft Forgiving. To you, your seeing that your prayer is void of khushu. But maybe Allah is still rewarding you heavily for your struggle. So you could be getting more out of praying than you can imagine.

I feel stressed when praying my mind isn't focused I forget how much rakats I have read ... I find it hard to concentrate and feel more at ease when I don't pray.
    It happens to me too. And Islam has prescribed the prostration of forgetfulness for it.

However it is our duty to pray and when others don't pray it winds me up! How does that even work?[/QUOTE]
    Maybe because despite your struggles, you believe salah is obligatory, and they don't even care? Allahu alam. Just keep praying sis. This frustrating phase will pass insha Allah
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

one word

dhikr

as MUCH AS YOU CAN!

it gives life, seriously
    | Likes Periwinkle18 liked this post
    I know this is bad

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! I know this is bad Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I know this is bad