× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 114 visibility 12927

Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah

Cabdullahi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ~Zaria~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah

Edit

Allah knows best.
    Last edited by ~Zaria~; 12-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.

يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِى عَلَى دِينِكَ

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    "Oh Turner of Hearts, keep my heart firm on Your Deen."

Subscribe and Share:
    Seeking the Pleasure of Allah

chat Quote

'Abd-al Latif's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~ View Post
    Assalamu-alaikum,

Whose the clown in this video?
    Egyption President Mohamed Morsi of ikhwaani al-muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood).

In fairness he's spoken in general terms and hasn't voilated anything Islamically by saying what he just said. This is proven when he says "Our Lord has given a choice to believe in Islam or disbelieve". This is clearly suggesting that if you disbelieve in Islam then the hijab is not compulsary upon women, if you do then it is. This deliberate use of ambuigity is used to show that non-Muslims in Egypt will not be forced to do things that are binding upon a Muslim; however if any of the actions of the non-Muslims lead to anything haram then the "Qanun (legislation) will intervene", thus clearly showing that Islamic Law (shari'ah) inshaa'Allah will dominate Egypt.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 12-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    Egyption President Mohamed Morsi of ikhwaani al-muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood).

In fairness he's spoken in general terms and hasn't voilated anything Islamically by saying what he just said. This is proven when he says "Our Lord has given a choice to believe in Islam or disbelieve". This is clearly suggesting that if you disbelieve in Islam then the hijab is not compulsary upon women, if you do then it is. This deliberate use of ambuigity is used to show that non-Muslims in Egypt will not be forced to do things that are binding upon a Muslim; however if any of the actions of the non-Muslims lead to anything haram then the "Qanun (legilation) will intervene", thus clearly showing that Islamic Law (shari'ah) inshaa'Allah will dominate Egypt.
    JazakAllah khair akhee,

I do know who he is.....

My point being that I can not take one seriously, who choses to undermine this deen.

He has been blessed by Allah to govern a muslim state - what an immense responsibility!

While he has mentioned freedom of choice in belief in Allah, which is true - the rest of his message can be interpreted to be addressed to both muslims and non-muslims.

His words:

"So the one who wishes to wear the hijab she can do so, and the one who wants to wear what she sees appropiate from her point of view is free to do so.

Will she harm the society (through this)?

(Is he serious?.....)

If this behaviour turns into something that harms the society (on a general level as is the case with anything), then the legislation will intervene....."

What new legislation is he trying to deliver here?

Is this the legislation of Allah??

May Allah guide our muslim leaders towards what HE has commanded.
    Ameen.

| Likes Cabdullahi, Muhaba liked this post

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Mr.President's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I just want to ask because I don't know about islamic Law !

When prophet muhammed was a leader and a president what was the law regarding women's dress code and

on that time did he punish any women because she did not wear hijab ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before we jump the gun and start throwing accusations, I urge you to find out the context in which he said this. There has been no controversy regarding this statement from anyone so obviously what was said was said in the correct context. This speech is specifically in reference to the social and political situation in Egypt and not a ban in hijab.

To everyone: please be aware that I will remove any ranting.

And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before we jump the gun and start throwing accusations, I urge you to find out the context in which he said this. There has been no controversy regarding this statement from anyone so obviously what was said was said in the correct context. This speech is specifically in reference to the social and political situation in Egypt and not a ban in hijab.

To everyone: please be aware that I will remove any ranting.
    The comments made are purely in relation to his actual words.
    If his speech is directly solely towards non-muslims who reside in Egypt, then a different understanding can be applied.

If not, then we should be reminded that Allah (subhanawataála) has clearly defined what is halaal and what is haraam for us.

It is not for any man (irrespective of his position in society) to decide otherwise.

"Or have they other deities who have ordained for them a religion to which Allah has not consented? But if not for the decisive word, it would have been concluded between them. And indeed, the wrongdoers will have a painful punishment." (Quran 42:21)

Allah knows best,

| Likes Cabdullahi liked this post

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As I said, find out the context it was said in.
    | Likes جوري liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

According to Morsi, cutting the hands of the thief is also not from the shariah.
    SubhanAllah.

[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.
    (Quran 5:38)

As the poster of this video says: "This is what happens when you attempt to please people before Allah."

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

According to Morsi, cutting the hands of the thief is also not from the shariah.
    SubhanAllah.
    Have you the slightest clue how much Mursi is being fought for trying to implement sharia and taking the power to do so from the Distouria court which was instated by the old secular corrupt regime and put it in the hands of Al-Azhar?
    btw. He's a hafith of the Quran and the first president to be and so are all of his kids. In shaa Allah if you can find someone who is able to do better to recommend him to govern Muslims.
    We don't agree with all of Mursi's decisions but we appreciate the difficulty of his transition from a completely secular regime to trying to put life in article 2 with later articles. When the likes of El-Baradi are going on to christian amanapour and telling her the country is falling in the hands of Islamists and that we need a secular Egypt. I also ask you to answer me this.
    When a man came to Umar ibn Ilkhtaab telling him that two young boys stole from him, whether Umar chopped off their hands or let them go while threatening to cut off the hands of their employer which is in fact NOT MENTIONED IN THE QURAN.

I'll give you a bit to answer that one because indeed some issues require fiqh in deen and aren't simply the law per his statement above!

| Likes 'Abd-al Latif, Abu Zainab, Scimitar, ba51th liked this post

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

his first video he says he can't force someone to wear Hijaab. I don't see anything wrong with that do you?

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah

chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Personally, I don't think he's said anything wrong in either of the videos.
    | Likes جوري, 'Abd-al Latif, Abu Zainab, Aprender liked this post

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah guide him and help him to do what is right, forgive his and our shortcomings, and grant honour and the upper hand to Islam and Muslims, ameen. May his leadership be a catalyst for change for the better, both in Egypt and around the world, ameen.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 12-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It shouldn't be about personal opinion but should indeed be about fiqh in deen and the law. The first video he's answering the accusation that he's going to go about forcing women to wear Hijab. Well I ask you- even the most pious of leaders ever forced anyone to do anything per their ibadaat? Did the prophet force people to give up wine? in fact they did it out of pure conviction. The minute the ruling was passed the streets of Medina flooded spontaneously with wine that it looked as i a river of blood- the conviction has to come from within not enforced by a ruler and even Umar who truly ruled with justice and an iron grip didn't stone a girl who was an adulterer who had repented and told her father not to mention it to her would be suitor, he didn't cut off the hands of the two boy thieves for they were being starved by their employer. If one followed the law without thought- it would be like a doctor going only by symptoms without thought when many ailments present in the same fashion there will be many an erroneous diagnosis. Indeed it is a matter of fiqh in the deen and he's trying very hard- in fact I urge any critic to turn on the TV to what is going on in Egypt and follow it in totality to have the slightest clue just how much he's being fought every step of the way and how much his opposition is being funded from the west and by khalfan of UAE in the millions in fact while the people starve and the economy collapses before shaking their disparaging fingers left and right. Also if you can do better or know of one who can do better in this day and age to please either step forward or be an active part of it. 7 Muslim brotherhood members died last tuesday trying to undo a coup against the freely elected president because the opposition is requesting that NO ISLAMIC FLAVOR whatsoever be added to the Constitution.
    He has done a **** good job with the cards his dealt. His wife please google her was being attacked by a mob of 400 thugs last week in her very modest home.
    I tolerate many things really and many of them are quite unfair and I shrug it off to someone not understanding the situation fully and it happens often and not everyone has have the same political insight especially if they're far removed from the ME and no clue how everything is being manipulated from the outside- but these accusations I find utterly indefensible!

| Likes ba51th liked this post

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here's Dr. Mursi's wife - Image removed by moderator -

now show me the wife of any of the previous 'clowns' as you put it and then let's have this conversation again!
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 12-13-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: No pictures of people please
    | Likes ba51th liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    CagePrisoners.com
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to clarify here that he is not compromising belief in Allah at all. He is not promoting anything that will taint the true Islamic creed of worshipping Allah alone and is slowly easing the haram and halal matters in a state where people are complaining one way or the other. He may not at this early stage have favourable circumstances to allow and disallow all matters of law (fiqh) fully, but I can say that what Mohamed Morsi has done has a good job so far despite the increasingly difficult circumstances. May Allah keep him steadfast on Islam.

Secondly, it is possible that in the previous regime of Husni Mubarak women may have been forced to wear hijab – without knowledge or understanding of hijab. The cutting of the hands may also have been done in a way that contradicts the Islamic practise of punishing a thief. Nevertheless, I believe it's safe to say that Morsi will strive day and night to apply the complete Islamic Law (with the backing of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Egyption Sufi's and hardcore Salafi's among many other religious groups) regardless of the unclarity of his message he is giving now.

Let's wait and see what he actually does as opposed to what he is saying (or not saying for that matter).

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it is possible that in the previous regime of Husni Mubarak women may have been forced to wear hijab
    More like forced to take it off, Niqab especially and by mandate that his men pass religious edicts to the matter- women were being thrown out of restaurants and resorts and some universities no different than Tunisia or Turkey!

I don't think many people appreciate what it feels like to feel like a stranger in a so-called Muslim majority country.

| Likes Banu_Hashim, ba51th liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu-alaikum,

I appreciate the sentiments of support from the above posters.

To make my own clear, I am not here to critisize that which I possibly do not (completely) understand.

However, when I see the laws of Allah being twisted to suit a particular situation by current day Neo-Salafis, then to this I do object.

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post
    Personally, I don't think he's said anything wrong in either of the videos.
    Allah has already declared what is halaal and haraam.
    So, if a muslim woman were to follow this advice, it is quite simply against the laws of Allah:

"So the one who wishes to wear the hijab she can do so, and the one who wants to wear what she sees appropiate from her point of view is free to do so.

Will she harm the society (through this)?

If this behaviour turns into something that harms the society (on a general level as is the case with anything), then the legislation will intervene....."
    It would have been better to remain silent on the matter than to say that which is not from Islam.

Coming from a country that has had its own fair share of oppression, I can in some way relate and appreciate the efforts made by the Muslim Brotherhood.
    They are often compared to our equivalent 'freedom fighters' - the African National Congress (ANC), that liberated South Africa out of apartheid.

However, being under the rule of the ANC since the early 1990s has left us with a different share of problems (which is a thread for another day).

My point being - alhamdulillah, we can be excited about Egypts future under new leadership.

But, we should also remain wary, especially in these times that are drawing us closer towards the end.....
    Sometimes, all is not as it appears to be.

I have had the opportunity, a few months ago, to attend a lecture as well as dine with, the son of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood.
    MashaAllah, he has alot of passion in what he says......but unfortunately, myself and many others, just cannot accept the views of our 'Neo-Salafi' brothers - that are promoted in such a way as if it is the law of Allah.
    (In fact, I almost wanted to walk out of the lecture.....)
    So, perhaps this is where my reservations stem from as well.....

Insha Allah, I only hope for the best for Egypts new leadership.

Only Allah knows what is in the hearts of man, and what the future holds.

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah View Post
    May Allah guide him and help him to do what is right, forgive his and our shortcomings, and grant honour and the upper hand to Islam and Muslims, ameen. May his leadership be a catalyst for change for the better, both in Egypt and around the world, ameen.
    Ameen.

Subscribe and Share:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have had the opportunity, a few months ago, to attend a lecture as well as dine with, the son of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood.
    MashaAllah, he has alot of passion in what he says......but unfortunately, myself and many others, just cannot accept the views of our 'Neo-Salafi' brothers - that are promoted in such a way as if it is the law of Allah.
    Muslim brotherhood aren't 'neo-salafis' in fact the ones who proclaim to be salafis have preferred not to join in the protests and are thinking over whether or not to vote yes to the constitution given that it is considered secular even though it is the first of its kind that would actually put a religious soul to article II and a no vote would enable the secularists to gain major grounds and put the country back at least 11 months into more chaos & instability!
    The Law of Allah isn't a blind edict passed without conditions in fact per definition: Fiqh is an expansion of the Sharia Islamic law!
    Let's not call our brothers and sisters 'clowns' then or accuse them of not following sharia without context or understanding to the socio/economic and geopolitical situation and if we can do better than let's step forward and do the better!

Last edited by جوري; 12-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Signor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To all of you who are going loose on Morsi,Keep in mind the Egyptian government is not an Islamic Government or a Caliphate rather its Muslim "Democratic" Government.

Also you can say anything about him but if you have been living under a tyrant ruler who don't even allow Muslim men to establish Salaat in Masjids then you can understand the importance of him as ruler.

The above are two different facts to consider and none of us can change ground realities.

Assalamu Alaikum

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Pres. Morsi: Enforcing Hijab is ridiculous, & not from Shariah